Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

End of the Summer Drive

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vroompsh
Hey, i just tried to post on DCEvoClub and it didnt work, it says my account may be disabled (probably since i never post on there) but can one of you guys post up on dcevo to let them know about the drive? thanks
AMSTuning posted it on DcEvoClub for you, and I think I'll make it a sticky Also, I can check into your account for you if you want...
Old Aug 15, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

This isn't going to be fun... fox is gunna be able to keep up with the evo guys cuz he's got coilovers and i'm still on stock es suspension.. lol
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by N1te
This isn't going to be fun... fox is gunna be able to keep up with the evo guys cuz he's got coilovers and i'm still on stock es suspension.. lol
haha i don't think the point of the cruise is to drive like jackasses on a mountain
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hueman
haha i don't think the point of the cruise is to drive like jackasses on a mountain
Yea, definitly no crazy driving especially when we get on the mountain. I can't afford another ticket, and i'm sure you guys feel the same. not to say we can't have a little fun, but this isnt the fast and furious so let's keep it safe and sane please
Old Aug 16, 2005, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by N1te
Too bad I haven't received a confirmation on the coilovers yet... and the weekend of the 27th I might be down at Fort Brag visiting my girlfriend's brother who is training down there. But if we're not down there, and my coilovers are installed, then I'll be there for sure. I love Skyline for a good drive, although there are much, *ahem* more free *ahem* drives for those willing to drive further west, and totally cop free! Highland county VA for those of you that are willing to trek... great bed and breakfasts too... I spent a whole summer out there. Best driving roads for sports cars ever!

Fox
Old Aug 16, 2005, 04:46 AM
Evolving Member

Skyline can be pretty bad in terms of cops. I used to cruise up there every once in a while for Subaru driving days and saw my fair share of Po-Po. Besides, the key phrase is "End of summer cruise". I foresee a warm, yet breezy day. Windows will be down, arms will be extended outside of the vehicle, seats will be reclined gangsta style and all driving will be done with one hand on the top of the steering wheel.

Are we all bringing food, or are we planning on stopping sometime and eating somewhere?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
... seats will be reclined gangsta style...
It's way too hard to recline the seats in the Evo

Are we all bringing food, or are we planning on stopping sometime and eating somewhere?
Hmmm. Pros for each:

Bringing food: Fun to stop along Skyline and eat picnic style (is there somewhere we could all stop and fit?.

Eating somewhere: There are tons of great diners/family-style restaurants out in that area, although on nice weekend afternoons they can get pretty crowded.

Another question/suggestion: Who has walkie talkies? It would be handy to have them in every few cars, so we could communicate and keep together, as well as arrange stops... I have a pair of 8-mile range...
Old Aug 16, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

hopefully i will have my evo by then....and i will definetly be there for the food...hehehe

anywho i live in hagerstown i have never been to skyline drive so i might need to meet someone and follow you guys down
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

I like the picnic idea, but it might be a hassle to coordinate. I'm up for either though.

Bechbum, just take 70 towards Baltimore, take 15 South all the way to Leesburg, take 7 East until you see a sign for Dulles Town Center (about 7-8 miles). We should be meeting in the back parking lot of Dulles Town Center near all the restaurents (Red Robin, Red lobster, etc). We will be there around 9 am.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

thanks man....i will try and get some of the evos to come down
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

It's way too hard to recline the seats in the Evo
Tell me about it. My wife got all mad the other day because someone else had been in the front and then she had to adjust the seat. Its like trying to jimmy a Fort Knox lock
Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

yeah J, my wife always gets in my car and says "WHO'S BEEN SITTING IN MY SEAT???"

I PM'd the details to Vroompsh so he can edit out the first post and add the details:

WHAT: DC EVO CLUB / EVOM Mid-Atlantic Evo Cruise

WHEN: We are meeting at the parking lot with the "Tower Records" off Route 7 / Leesburg Pike at Tysons Corner, VA. at 9:30AM / Leaving for Front Royal @ 10AM sharp.

WHERE: Going to Skyline Drive / RT 211, Scenic Drive, plenty of rest areas.

HOW MUCH: $10 To get into the park $XX for food and etc or bring your own - there are no food places once we are on the drive, if you starve and die we will bury you without a question in the woods.

Note:Those of us who are meeting at Dulles Town Center we'll have to leave there by like 9:15 at the very latest
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Custard man, you forgot the date
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Custard man

How did you know his wife's nickname for him.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

People can BBQ if they want, but i think im just gonna bring something with me. and i hope we have good weather, cross ur fingers

Quick Reply: End of the Summer Drive