Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Hit In Parking Lot

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hit In Parking Lot

Hey guys. While on my lunch break at work in Richmond today someone backed into my car. Looks to be mostly just scraped paint, with a little down to the bumper. I got all the guy's information just in case, but he wants to handle it on his own, which I'm fine with - just so long as it gets fixed to my liking.

That said, does anyone know of any good body shops in or around the Columbia, MD area? I had the most terrible experience ever with Auto Body Images (more about that later once I write my letter to Progressive) so I need to try someone else. Any help or just a bump to keep this page up top would be deeply appreciated. Looks like my luck continues - this is the 3rd incident and I've only had the car 6 months.

Old Feb 6, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would just go with it legally and file a claim on his ins. company. So you can get extra cash and get the evo 9 bumper instead....just my opinion....
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'm still not quite sure how to handle it. I even called the cops to be on the safe side, but because it happened in a parking lot (aka private property) they couldn't do anything about it. Thankfully there was a witness who saw the whole thing who let me know what happened and who did it, and I got his name and number. I'm just trying not to bum out too much about it. Its totally cosmetic, I'm just really sick of all the hassle my baby has been.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have him buy you a new JDM IX bumper - that's a win win

No points for him!
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

its more than just the bumper though. the tail light is scuffed and the rear quarter panel is scraped to the metal at the corner, and might have a slight dent in it. they were driving a rather poorly kept mini-van, and thinking back i realized that i interrupted their meal to talk about the accident, they came outside, gave me their info, and then left the same time i did. so now i have this bad feeling like they might be a little shady.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by purecoda
its more than just the bumper though. the tail light is scuffed and the rear quarter panel is scraped to the metal at the corner, and might have a slight dent in it. they were driving a rather poorly kept mini-van, and thinking back i realized that i interrupted their meal to talk about the accident, they came outside, gave me their info, and then left the same time i did. so now i have this bad feeling like they might be a little shady.
you got screwed
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Just make sure a good body shop looks over it because it their is stuff behind the bumper that can bend. I know because I got hit from behind by going about 10mph or less, from the look at my bumper, it just looked like an easy bumper job but it came out to be $1500 job. I would take to certified body shop that would my number one advice liek BMW because they guarantee and THEY WILL do it over if you are not satisfied. Another thing with the damage u stated, it already seems like a expensive job, I don't think these people with their cheap van want to pay couple grand to fix ur car the RIGHT way. Good luck.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo23IG
Just make sure a good body shop looks over it because it their is stuff behind the bumper that can bend. I know because I got hit from behind by going about 10mph or less, from the look at my bumper, it just looked like an easy bumper job but it came out to be $1500 job. I would take to certified body shop that would my number one advice liek BMW because they guarantee and THEY WILL do it over if you are not satisfied. Another thing with the damage u stated, it already seems like a expensive job, I don't think these people with their cheap van want to pay couple grand to fix ur car the RIGHT way. Good luck.
i ever told them that what they didn't realize that the car they hit has very expensive panels (as i knocked on the aluminum fender), and that it would probably be in their best interest to go through insurance.

and as far as being screwed goes - i have an outside witness and 2 co-worker witnesses, the guys license plate number, name, business card and his phone number that he wrote, insurance information, license number and DOB, all of which i copied down. short of asking him to give me a blood sample i think i covered all the bases.

anyway - nobody knows any good body shops near here?
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Take your car to C&F Autobody in Severn. They are the only ones that ever work my car when I need stuff taken care of. I have been doing business with them for a few years now. EXCELLENT paint work, top of the line equipment. Excellent honest service. You should call them to get a quote. They mostly handle insurance claims, but would also work on your car. The owners name is Fred Ziegenhein, their number is 410 969-4950. The address is 7944 Quaterfiled Road, Severn, MD, 21144. Tell them that Caelin sent you to them and they will take care of you.

They wont do you wrong!!

caelin~
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

bump for more shops

also, if he knows it will be pricey and still wants to avoid going thru insurance, he must have a reason like previous accidents/tickets/whatever. I assume that is what is going on. If it is, he will gladly get whatever bumper you like (within reason) and pay for a good shop (hopefully more people post good shops' locations and names) because the shop cost and even a IX bumper would most likely be less in the long run to him. Especially since it was on private property, I think you are playing this the right way. At least I hope and pray it works out well
Old Feb 7, 2006, 02:15 PM

did he give you or the cop his insurance information?

you can't trust anyone to even give a good name or number nowdays, you may want to notify your insurance so if they info for the other guy is lame you can make a claim against "john doe" under uninsured motorist provision of your policy
Old Feb 7, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by locam
Take your car to C&F Autobody in Severn. They are the only ones that ever work my car when I need stuff taken care of. I have been doing business with them for a few years now. EXCELLENT paint work, top of the line equipment. Excellent honest service. You should call them to get a quote. They mostly handle insurance claims, but would also work on your car. The owners name is Fred Ziegenhein, their number is 410 969-4950. The address is 7944 Quaterfiled Road, Severn, MD, 21144. Tell them that Caelin sent you to them and they will take care of you.

They wont do you wrong!!

caelin~
awesome. thanks bro, i'll give them a call tomorrow to setup an estimate.

Old Feb 8, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Must be the season for white 05's being a target.. I was eating Chipotles the other day and I came out to see a down-to-the-plastic scuff across my back bumper next to my license plate. I'm also gonna have to check out that place Locam suggested.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Please do, I wouldnt do any Evo owner wrong. Please let me know how it goes.

caelin~