Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Dyno Day at Altered Atmosphere in MD!

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2003, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want a exede....and will be there at 9.30 sharp.......driving from the south 10 hours......yeee hawwwww
Old May 23, 2003, 01:43 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Guys,

I sent out a mass email to all who are on the list. If you didn't receive the email, please email me through the forums or contact us link to let me know if you'll be there or not... just so I know everything remembers, etc.

See you tomorrow!

Mark
Old May 23, 2003, 02:26 PM

I'll totally be there, it will be great to see how the cars compare!
Old May 23, 2003, 07:15 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

See you guys tomorrow morning

Mark
Old May 24, 2003, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Good to see everyone at the Dyno Day.

Here's a nice picture of some Evos.

From the Dyno Day at Altered Atmosphere... I believe these Evos belong to (left to right), KK, EVO8U, limey, Thwack, and jfh -- I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong...

Attached Thumbnails Dyno Day at Altered Atmosphere in MD!-cnv0004.jpg  

Last edited by jbrennen; May 24, 2003 at 07:22 PM.
Old May 24, 2003, 08:59 PM
In Timeout

hey i think mine was there too but more to the right lol about 2 spaces over =P.... it was nice meetin yall the few that i met... now the question is what was everyone dyno sheet ratings? please add lists of mods also if any ....

mine was 228.6 hp and i believe it was 239. something torque my sheet is in my car i will put exact figure later mine is STOCK except greddy TT and my 10 hp adding 35% tint =P
Old May 24, 2003, 10:04 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

Great to meet everyone. Mark, thanks for putting it together. Shiv's free tuning for the XEDEs made it even better.

Sorry I had to leave early but the Harley had to be put back together for Rolling Thunder tomorrow. Finally got it done at 9 PM.

Baseline today with the Vishnu 3" Turbo-back exhaust and stock ECU was 240 HP. I didn't get the TQ from that run.

Shiv tuned the XEDE to produce 272.4 HP/263.9 lbs/ft.

That is a 32 HP gain from the XEDE while maintaining stock boost and A/F ratios between 12.5 @ 3500 rpms before gradually falling off to 11.5 @ 6500. More importantly, drivability has improved significantly and power delivery is exceptionally linear. A very different driving experience. The Vishnu XEDE is a more substantial investment initially, but over time will pay dividends. Future XEDE feature enhancements and upgraded firmware will be user loadable to provide even more ECU tuning control.

I am totally satisfied with the Vishnu products I have installed and look forward to loading the new features Shiv is currently testing.

KK and Limey, how did you guys make out with your XEDE tuning sessions after I left?
Old May 24, 2003, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jfh
Great to meet everyone. Mark, thanks for putting it together. Shiv's free tuning for the XEDEs made it even better.

Sorry I had to leave early but the Harley had to be put back together for Rolling Thunder tomorrow. Finally got it done at 9 PM.

Baseline today with the Vishnu 3" Turbo-back exhaust and stock ECU was 240 HP. I didn't get the TQ from that run.

Shiv tuned the XEDE to produce 272.4 HP/263.9 lbs/ft.

That is a 32 HP gain from the XEDE while maintaining stock boost and A/F ratios between 12.5 @ 3500 rpms before gradually falling off to 11.5 @ 6500. More importantly, drivability has improved significantly and power delivery is exceptionally linear. A very different driving experience. The Vishnu XEDE is a more substantial investment initially, but over time will pay dividends. Future XEDE feature enhancements and upgraded firmware will be user loadable to provide even more ECU tuning control.

I am totally satisfied with the Vishnu products I have installed and look forward to loading the new features Shiv is currently testing.

KK and Limey, how did you guys make out with your XEDE tuning sessions after I left?
Is that with the cat back exhaust?? Do you have any other mods?? Nice numbers !
Old May 24, 2003, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

226.5 hp @ 6250 rpm, 241.1 ft-lb @ 3750 rpm.

My Evo has the Hypergrounding Cables and I ran my dyno test with a fuel mixture which amounted to about 96 octane -- otherwise it's stock.

Based on the results, that's probably the last time I put the expensive fuel in the car with the stock ECU, since it didn't give any significant HP/torque difference from the other stock or mostly stock cars there running "normal" premium gasoline. The 96 octane mixture actually feels to me like it improves low RPM performance -- the car seems to bog a little less when off boost. But I could be imagining that.
Old May 24, 2003, 11:41 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Hey guys,

I'm going to try and post all the dyno plots and pics when I get a chance. I think I may have missed a few runs while I was talking to people though Overall, I think we had a really good turnout considering the short timeframe for the event and the handful of owners that are in the area. I think there were around 13 or 14 Evos throughout the day

I'm also going to try and get the dyno runs digitized so we can hear the stock exhaust vs buscher vs pruven vs vishnu... should be cool. I also, have some shots of the Buscher exhaust next to the Vishnu exhaust for everyone to see.

With the XEDE tuning, my car's peak numbers went from 233hp (w/ Vishnu dp and exhaust) to 257hp. I gained a good amount of power, but my overall numbers were lower than jfh's, I believe, due to the fact that I started with a lower baseline number.

I couldn't be happier with the car now. All I know is the car pulls beautifully at all rpm levels. I used to be able to just stare at teh tach waiting to hit redline, but now the power is so linear you can just drive the hell out of the car and the smile will never go away The Vishnu exhaust also sounds sweet. Can't wait for the upgraded firmware/software features for the XEDE!

I think we all have to agree, the car to beat that day was definitely Shiv's Impala though

We should definitely do another dyno day meet in the near future as we all upgrade our Evos further. Next time we'll make it even better.

Mark
Old May 25, 2003, 12:02 AM

Hey Guys. Im glad everything went well today. I supposed to be there but when I went out to my car at 7:30 leave I found one of my windows smashed in. So needless to say I needed to get my car out of the rain and into a garage. So now I am Evoless for the next week while i wait for replacement glass from . Mark hopefully you will be able to schedule another dyno day soon. I really need to get a baseline number for my car befor i start doing any mods. Cant wait to see some of the dyno plots for the guys that did the XEDE tuning.

Later
Dan
Old May 25, 2003, 02:21 AM
In Timeout

ok i now have the sheet in front of me... although i am **** drunk at the moment i think i can put the right stats on...

hp: 228.6
torque: 246.3
max air/fuel: 17.5
Old May 25, 2003, 02:55 AM
In Timeout

o yea for those of you that are just wondering.. the stock evo that produced the biggest # was a yellow one that ran a 238.6 or so i believe i forget his torque rating.... talk about one lucky *** motha ****a =P he got 10 more whp than me =( and the lowest one i believe was 214..... talk about unlucky =P
Old May 25, 2003, 06:31 AM
jfh
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
Is that with the cat back exhaust?? Do you have any other mods?? Nice numbers !
3" turbo back. No other mods besides XEDE and Hyper Ground type kit.
Old May 25, 2003, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

It was really cool hanging out with you guys on Saturday, you guys are great. It was lots of fun, I got to see a bunch of really great cars too…the EVO’s are awesome looking in person.

The WRX was a somewhat intimidated by the rather big gathering of EVO’s. I parked it far away though...looked a bit out of place.

Last edited by modvp; May 25, 2003 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day at Altered Atmosphere in MD!