Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Need a good shop for clutch swap... Agile performance?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006 | 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Need a good shop for clutch swap... Agile performance?

I think I decided to keep the Evo but who knows I may change my mind but the mods may help in my decision. I do I really want to put some of the mods I have laying in my garage on the car to make it more enjoyable. To give you some backround I'm VERY **** when it comes to my cars and have a nice stable to be proud of so here's my dilema... I am a do it yourselfer and have ALWAYS done my own work on all of my cars for a number of reason. 1- I usually don't trust anyone to work on my cars because its usually never done 100% and most places don't really take the time to really be careful and there isn't a scratch on any of my cars and I like to keep it that way. 2- I'm cheap, there I said... because working in the business for nearly 4 years I never had to pay for service work/dyno time/ lift time so I'm spoiled now and hate to have to pay for something I know I could do myself if i had the time and tools, but since I'm back jack stands and primative hand tools this tranny job isn't looking to appealing. The one thing I hate about the EVO is the clutch. Its to "soft" I'm used to very aggressive clutch setups that I have had in some of my Supra's and RX-7's so i think with the mods I have the clutch is a must do. I don't drag race the car at all and have yet to even try and really launch it but I know the stock clutch isn't going to be up to the challenge and will make for a much more enjoyable driving experience when I'm feeling more spirited. Anyways back to my dilema... does anyone know of this place called Agile Performance? It seems they moved to Fallston near where I live and work on Subies and Evos from what I'm told and have a dyno of some sorts. Has anyone ever had any work done by them and if so how would you rate them? Would you trust them with one of you babies? If anyone else has any good shops in the Baltimore area that you have had good experience with then let me know. I'm really only looking for a clutch swap because I will be doing the rest of the mods myself. Thanks for reading and any info!

Joe
Old Sep 8, 2006 | 11:25 PM

check your pm's
Old Sep 14, 2006 | 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Check out www.ma-motorsports.com. Ask for Brian or Ray... tell them daion referred you. They have done ATS carbon clutch installations in the past. Also they are in Baltimore.

=)
Old Sep 15, 2006 | 05:27 PM
Account Disabled

we are in york, pa

cb

pm me if you need the clutch job
Old Sep 15, 2006 | 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rogue
Check out www.ma-motorsports.com. Ask for Brian or Ray... tell them daion referred you. They have done ATS carbon clutch installations in the past. Also they are in Baltimore.

=)

Thanks, yeah I know Brian and Ray real well. They used to come into my deli all the time for lunch and they let me use their lift from time to time when I needed to... I didn't even think to ask them but I know they have been so busy now that I wouldn't want to tie up their lift and its not a few hour job so maybe I'll be stuck doing this on my garage floor... I should be used to it I had a couple 3000GT VR4s' back in the day so hopefully it shouldn't be to much harder than those

Joe
Old Sep 16, 2006 | 11:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Agile does great work.
Old Sep 16, 2006 | 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

I would definatly go to Agile. Hill is a great person he knows his sh$t