Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Shenandoah Event with CARGUYS NOV 10,11,12

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spt
I wish I could of made it on Sunday. My car was pretty much done for the weekend. I started with clear brake fluid, now it has a iced tea color to it.

It was great time as usual and it was great seeing most of you at the track. I can't wait for the next event!

Yes it was a lot of fun and we all learned something new. BTW I just called Mitch for a full cage 8 point and so on and he told me it will be around ~2500 to ~2800 so my wife freaked out but I am going for it. Then I got to paint the car and buy new tires and brake pads.

Ali do you know how I feel now
Old Nov 13, 2006, 09:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Are you getting a full cage just for HPDE? I was planning to call Mitch to get a quote for a more modest 6-point roll bar. Any idea how much that would be or how long the wait is right now to get in at his shop?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Are you getting a full cage just for HPDE? I was planning to call Mitch to get a quote for a more modest 6-point roll bar. Any idea how much that would be or how long the wait is right now to get in at his shop?

No clue about how much it will cost for you but I know for fact that he is super busy like always.

Anyways, I am getting full cage not because of safety but because the chasse on my bimmer is old and weak so it needs a lot of stiffens to be added.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:55 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Az3ar
Yes it was a lot of fun and we all learned something new. BTW I just called Mitch for a full cage 8 point and so on and he told me it will be around ~2500 to ~2800 so my wife freaked out but I am going for it. Then I got to paint the car and buy new tires and brake pads.

Ali do you know how I feel now

What material is he using? If he's going to use DOM then that sounds about right. You have to factor in an additional few hundred in case the front windshield shatters. It happened in my other car. I'll have to give him a call to get the evo setup for a cage too.

His prices may be higher then some, but you do pay for quality.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:59 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
It really depends on how complicated you want to get. For a basic cage, you should expect to pay in the lower $2000 range. From there you can get really crazy, which could add an additional $1000 or so. As for the wait, the last time I got a cage from him it was during his busy season. I had to make the appointment about a month in advance and it took about a couple of weeks for him to finish. It may be different now.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spt
It really depends on how complicated you want to get. For a basic cage, you should expect to pay in the lower $2000 range. From there you can get really crazy, which could add an additional $1000 or so. As for the wait, the last time I got a cage from him it was during his busy season. I had to make the appointment about a month in advance and it took about a couple of weeks for him to finish. It may be different now.

He said he needs a week for a full cage but now he is very busy. As for meterial I have no clue what he will be using, I will ask him later.