Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2007, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaioshin
Did you buy your copy of Guitar Hero yet?
yes, we are now owners of guitar hero2 lol
and right now, i'm painting bulbs for my car, hopefully i can get everything done and back together for tomorrow, doing some test bulbs then going to do the whole inside of the car. will post pics later if i get it done tonight

edit to show how bored i was today, well, when i wasn't playing guitar hero! :P
Attached Thumbnails -dscf0869.jpg  

Last edited by rivalaC; Jul 28, 2007 at 07:38 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 03:37 AM

someone has too much free time....

Morning all. I actually get to sleep in tomorrow!!!!
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoAngel429625
Who the hell is this racing the cop.... lol
Whoever it is.. looks like they're loosing :-/
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by lords3t
Whoever it is.. looks like they're loosing :-/
I don't think I want to be "winning" against a cop.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Long but a good read

So here's my crazy saturday night....

Go to my friends house with back seat filled with tools, oils and pumps to do my 15k maintainence. Call my friend to tell him I'm on the way and he doesn't answer... he does that alot. I decent to keep going anyway cause we had already decided the day prior to do it at his house cause he has a flat mostly level driveway. When I hit 97 - at this point I'm more than half way there - he calls me:
Chris: Dude, um... where are you?
Me: On 97 headed to your house?!
Chris: Oh -pause- well um... I don't think we can do it today. My grandfather's visiting
Me: SON OF *****!!!! Chris, you told me to come today. Ok ok ok, you're canceling on my but I'm ok with it. I'll figure something out.
Chris: Sorry man, hope everything goes ok.

So then I start heading back towards 695, figuring I might as well go to the shop and use the lift. Mind you I was avoiding the shop casue I didn't really want to have to deal with sertain people that may or may not be there when I arrive. As I'm about to hit 895... ring ring

Me: Hey bro what's up?
Chris: Yeah man, I didn't want to leave you hanging so I pulled some strings. When you getting here?
Me: SON OF A *****!!!! -sigh- I'll be there in about 35 minutes

At this point it's way past half the day already and I'm trying to get this done before I meet some friends in Annapolis who I haven't seen in years. But I digress. So I head over to my friends house, his mom insists we eat dinner with them - She's great and the food was faaantastic. So then we go outside to jack the car up. FREEZE!!! car is too low to fit the jack down the front center. Keeping in mind that I needed it jacked up level, I didn't want to jack one corner at a time; since that could risk torquing the frame. So then we decide to jack it side to side. I go under the passenger side to jack the car... we place it not quite right... and crush the aluminim unibody that runs down the passenger side undercarrage. Akward pause - time stands still - no sign of life - even the birds and squerrls leave the arrea - and then... I ... cannot... explain .. the amount of hissing, screaming, cursing and smashing that went on for the next 5 minutes. At this point, I'm so pissed at trying to lift the damn thing in the drivway, I decide to abort the whole thing while the damage is still ver minimal and head out for the shop. At this point, I get a text from Gennie asking how my day was. I'm so sorry btw if my reply was less than welcoming. Obviously at this point my day was complete crap. I get to the shop though, and meet my friend Frank - manager.

Me: is the V lift empty?
Frank: Nope, the blue ramp one is though.
Me: -silent... at this point, I don't even have it in me to curse anymore-
Frank: But I'll empty out the V lift if you really want it
Me: Please do

so the car is lifted nice and flat. Drain oil very easily. Replace filter. As I'm putting the new filter on I notice Frank walking towards my car with a yank hammer. At this point I'm obviously ver nervous but I don't say anything cause he's FAR more car savy than I will ever be. ANd then.... WAM!!! he goes at it. He slammed that unibody right back in shape to the point where I could barely tell anything had ever gone wrong. In that moment, he was the jackie chan of mechanics. So then I drain the Tranny fluid and grab the oil pump out of the back room, we clean it with gum cut. btw ... GUM CUT IS THE SHIZNIT!!!! Pump fluid back in. Drain, t-case. pump fluid back in. LIfe is great. Frank is awesome ... the guy I don't like dealing with wasn't there, and my unibody is good shape. Car shifts like a dream.. better than stock -weird- and runs like she can't stand still. I get back in the car at 9:30, Gennie texts me again only this time I'm in a FAR better mood (thanks for caring G :-) ) Rush home, shifting like a ninja. Shower, and head out for annapolis at 10:30.

Then it happens......

I'm in the fast lane, SUV in the middle lane, empty slow lane. No speeding as we cruise with him ahead onto 97. Enter **** tard! Some douche bag in a camaro trying to act the **** - in the rain - hits the on ramp to 97 going waaaay too fast. His tail kicks out and he barrels towards the jersy wall, wips it the other, over compensating sending the car sideways into on coming traffic. The SUV slams on his breaks with a slight turn to the left - instict I suppose. But his heavy *** keeps going, puts him into a complete sideways slide and into my lane. Of course I have to go around him now.. but where? there is but a small shoulder and the.... you guessed it.. OFF ROADING! My rear tires - and for those who don't know me or my car.. .they're worn to slicks - go off roading and my front two are on the sholder. At this point I'm definitely pulling a Forza2 1/4 mile drift on the side of the road. Or at least that's what it felt like, I honestly can't tell how long I was in that drift. But I'll say this, our cars are ****ing fantastic. She did exactly what I told her to do to the T and right when I got the ballance in, the drift just right, ACD popped the power to the front - on the shoulder - and she pulled her self out like a dream. As I drove away, I check the rear view mirror and they were both moving back into their lanes to drive on. No accidents.. thank god!

And my car is ok!
Maintainence done!
and my friends were waiting for me trashed as **** with a few Smithitc's waiting for me at Galaway Bay!

Perfect Night!
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:44 AM

Damn 3. Fun night?

I need to swap my tranny fluid. You wanna help?

btw 3, I have your hat.

Last edited by kaioshin; Jul 29, 2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Hopefully you have the shades as well. Thanks for bringing them with you bro I appreciate it. Tranny fluid swap help? Sure, if you have a professional lift ;-p See you tonight.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:26 AM

WOW! 3 you are one lucky (arguably skilled) son of a biscuit!

Excellent driving friend!

Jenn
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:03 AM

It was all luck and ACD. He had nothing to do with it.
Old Jul 29, 2007, 05:31 PM

^LOL right, we've seen him play Forza, how can he possibly drive well? LOL

And yes I did post this while you were playing ping pong
Old Jul 30, 2007, 04:19 AM

good morning all. sorry i disappeared this weekend. I had a lot of things going on. i'll tell you guys one day over drinks and trust me your gonna want to drink when you hear this bs.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:01 AM

ok, so where is everyone today?? Lets see, whats happened since friday when i left work. Thanks Prinya for having us over, was super fun. Eventho it cost me $80...cuz WE HAD TO go buy guitar hero after playing at ur place. Perry & Jenn, FUN FUN FUN!! Hope we can do it again some time soon!! Great weekend!! U guys r awesome!!
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:23 AM

yeah i missed a great weekend. i really need to do something this weekend .... any ideas???

good morning JEN
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by volkmkiv
yeah i missed a great weekend. i really need to do something this weekend .... any ideas???

good morning JEN
Good morning to you, Mike!! We missed u yesterday, and Friday night!! We should all def get together this weekend or next and do something. either up your way or down here, or maybe we can all meet in the middle?? I however have no real idea as to what to do. I did hear mention of a group bowling trip yesterday..(cuz i mentioned it teehee) after playing the Wii, i think i can go Pro!! lol
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:33 AM

i say we go wreck prins place up. i hope the weather is gonna be clear cause i really want to take the supra out this weekend

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™