Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2007, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i say we dont let three work on his car anymore. just so that he doesnt go postal one day at a meet.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pheral
You mean these?

The ones that came with the HKS turbo timer made me want to shoot people too. I picked up the ones pictured above from home depot. They still pissed me off, but they worked. $.69 for four of em.

YES! The ones that came with the HKS indeed make you want to shoot people .... I did not replace them though.. I took a knife to the ECU harnesses. HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH mUWWHWHWHAHHAHWHWHAHHAH MAD!? YOU SAY I'm MAD!!!! HHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHA but it works

Last edited by lords3t; Aug 29, 2007 at 08:29 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 06:51 AM

Nice. I didn't splice the ECU wires yet, just the handbrake. Where did you end up mounting it? I squeezed mine between the center console just behind the "ashtray".
Old Aug 29, 2007, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pheral
Nice. I didn't splice the ECU wires yet, just the handbrake. Where did you end up mounting it? I squeezed mine between the center console just behind the "ashtray".
I used the two sided tape to hang it off to the right of where you put yours. So it's taped to the bottom of the stereo console -relocated with gauges- and above the cig lighter. The cigarette lighter that mind you, I have no use for at the moment. So it will be replaced very soon with the plug for a Valentine1 radar detector so I can save myself the trouble of getting tickets from losers in the sticks that are just trying to meet their 'minimum work standard' -sorry Ryan- in a town with a population of 10 people But I digress, this will be a rant for another day perhaps

EDIT: If you want to splice your wires to the ECU for the speed and RPM sensors... I'd be more than happy to help you. I've already gone through it once. Although without my assistant I may not be as functionally sound ;p It's really not that hard actually. Just DON'T USE THE WIRE TAPPERS!

Last edited by lords3t; Aug 29, 2007 at 08:28 AM. Reason: I felt like it bish!
Old Aug 29, 2007, 08:48 AM

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/scary-vid...?autoplay=true

Old Aug 29, 2007, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by lords3t
If you want to splice your wires to the ECU for the speed and RPM sensors... I'd be more than happy to help you. I've already gone through it once. Although without my assistant I may not be as functionally sound ;p It's really not that hard actually. Just DON'T USE THE WIRE TAPPERS!
I was so happy when the splicers that I bought worked and so exhausted from trying the HKS ones that I said screw it and just tucked the wires behind the center console for now. I didn't even both trying to pull the glove box down to get to the ECU. Maybe I'll bring the taps with me to the meet
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

if you ... bring taps... I will snap in a furious rage... and kill everyone in alphabetical order! BUT, if you bring the tools, we can hook it up to the ECU tonight. The glove box comes off easy and the ECU comes out easy as well.... from the bottom! BOTTOM I tried other ways with no avail.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:28 AM

i guess i should complain about my 15 min commute to work in the morning.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by lords3t
if you ... bring taps... I will snap in a furious rage... and kill everyone in alphabetical order! BUT, if you bring the tools, we can hook it up to the ECU tonight. The glove box comes off easy and the ECU comes out easy as well.... from the bottom! BOTTOM I tried other ways with no avail.
you guys know that hks does make a harness so that you dont have to cut any wires to your ecu. well they do for the supra.
Old Aug 29, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

they do not for the ECU. At least not on the evo. I have/used their harness for the ignition though. That was very nice and straight forward. But the wires to the hand break, and the lines to the ECU for speed and RPM need to be either tapped or spliced. I guess they decided to pamper the Supra people a bit more
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:10 AM

Havent been on in a couple days, HELLO EVERYONE I started school monday so I've been a little busy....

Originally Posted by kaioshin
Gennie is actually a blonde. Proof below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

OMG i will never talk to a blonde in south carolina, NEVER, I think my IQ dropped just watching that. Gennie might not be a rocket scientist but at least she probably would have just answered "i dont know" rather than make everyone suffer thru that ignorant attempt at forming sentences.

Originally Posted by kaioshin
you know.... Jenn has a pair of sunglasses too...
yes...yes i do. And an extra pair for Gennie
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:17 AM

whats up jen. how is class so far?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:23 AM

Classes have been ok so far. I just realized last night that taking four classes and working full time might be a little harder than i thought. LOL.
Math-easy so far...it'll get me confused later..maybe one of u asians can help me! jk
Accounting- easy so far i work at an accountants office so...i have insight
American Govt- BORING lol
Womens Studies- Fun..surprisingly! only 5 people in the class, its sweet.
Thanks for remembering and asking Mike!! When r we gonna see u again?
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:29 AM

in the supra.... not in a long time. it cost me $100 just to drive up to maryland and back. I really need to get the tune done. In the evo maybe this weekend if anyone is bbq'ing. you know me. Mike+free food=im there!
Old Aug 29, 2007, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by volkmkiv
in the supra.... not in a long time. it cost me $100 just to drive up to maryland and back. I really need to get the tune done. In the evo maybe this weekend if anyone is bbq'ing. you know me. Mike+free food=im there!
i'll check with the roomies, maybe we can work out some food plans to lure you in for a day

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™