Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2007, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another day another post.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

what's the lamest thing? Prin disappearing for a game? I don't know... people have been saying it's one of the most awesome games ever made ever! Who knows. When he peels himself away from the game, perhaps he can let us know.

wow... de-ja-vu... I feel like I posted this very post before
Old Sep 26, 2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by lords3t
what's the lamest thing? Prin disappearing for a game? I don't know... people have been saying it's one of the most awesome games ever made ever! Who knows. When he peels himself away from the game, perhaps he can let us know.

wow... de-ja-vu... I feel like I posted this very post before
def was RE Prin playing the game... or the game playing him, since we didnt hear from him. I think its a bit much to get that much into a game.. it freaks me out a lil
Old Sep 26, 2007, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

well then steer clear of anyone that is a W.O.W fan! The addiction I've witnessed associated with that game is down right eerie.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 09:54 AM

Ben Played WOW, and it didnt ever worry me...of all the games he's played since we've been together tho, he played it the most... I wish i had something i liked to do as much as some people play their games... i just dont know that i would let it take up that much of my time... BUT whatever makes people happy as long as they arent out hurting others and causing chaos..its all good!
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

You could get into 'Second Life'. There are people that actually make a living .. yes a living... off of playing that game. They develop things and sell it to other people for real money to use with their avatars! Seriously! Not kidding. I'm thinking about developing crack cocaine, heroin and weed. I'll be the first 'Second Life' drug dealer. I'll be the biggest kingpin in the game Wanna help me? I'll give you a cut! I'm going to even code in the effects and withdraws. So if an avatar uses it and then tries to quit, he'll start twitching, passing out, getting violent, involuntary bawl movements and then finally die or something
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by CoPilot
Ben Played WOW, and it didnt ever worry me...of all the games he's played since we've been together tho, he played it the most... I wish i had something i liked to do as much as some people play their games... i just dont know that i would let it take up that much of my time... BUT whatever makes people happy as long as they arent out hurting others and causing chaos..its all good!
remind me to show you the story about the kid that died from playing starcraft too long, true story btw.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by lords3t
You could get into 'Second Life'. There are people that actually make a living .. yes a living... off of playing that game. They develop things and sell it to other people for real money to use with their avatars!
this used to be true but not so much anymore. especially since gold farmers apparently make fractions of a cent a day. but this is another story for another day
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

A mosquito bit my eye.... just thought I'd share. I smooshed him... but he still got me lol
Old Sep 26, 2007, 11:20 AM

yes, i know i just made 3 posts but it's not like it really matters in off topic, but anyways.... in gamers defense on this one, how many hours a day does the usual citizen sit in front of the tv and stare blankly at a screen full of nonsense? it's quite comparable to gamers but at least gamers [the online variety here] are actually making a conscious attempt to be social and do something interactive
[edit: irony is this headline that was on igoogle today: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7013855.stm ]

but this is enough ontopic for the offtopic for one day

Last edited by rivalaC; Sep 26, 2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rivalaC
this used to be true but not so much anymore. especially since gold farmers apparently make fractions of a cent a day. but this is another story for another day
in 'Second Life' it's not about the farming. People actually develop add-on code modules to create usable objects and features in the game. They can then sell the modules to other people for money. I've heard of people making houses and stores and clothing and selling it to people. Real freaking companies are making their products as modules and selling them for real money to be used on player avatars. So there are for example, a ton of avatars walking around with 'Jordan' basketball shoes on. No joke!!! And then there's people who get 'Second Life' rich enough to have big houses and billboards. And again, real companies, pay these people to allow them to put up product advertisements on the side of their houses and billboards. REAL COMPANIES. **** is crazy!!!
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:39 PM

oh, that's a different story. second life isn't even really a game imo. i'm not a big fan of the 'sims' line so i won't even think twice about not defending that. i only defend real games (or gamers)
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rivalaC
[edit: irony is this headline that was on igoogle today: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7013855.stm ]
Well then at least Prin may be socializing with someone.. even if it's not us
Old Sep 27, 2007, 04:05 AM

I dunno what the fuss is about. I took a day off? Ppl take days off for all sorts of stupid reasons.

And I only post at work.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

^ actually same here. go figure. Good morning btw... How's Halo3? I must come check it out sometime.

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™