Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Page, New Page, New Page
Old Jan 8, 2008, 04:22 AM

Working hard I see.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

It was a beautiful day yesterday... i called out sick.. cause I actually am. I had no intentions of leaving the house but I had to real quick to drop off a movie rental. My honda breaks are ... g o n e! So i took my Evo. And I'm so glad i did... I put the windows down, dropped off the movie, and went for a drive afterwards. I found some really interesting roads up where I live that are a lot of fun. And some of these roads, you have to be careful with cause it will launch you off... mid turn. It's great. Anyway, hope all you guys had a chance to be outside yesterday.

PS: I have tested it and can vouch... the Evo has decent traction with only 2 wheels on the ground.
PS2: Some people in those areas have waaaaaay too much money. Houses larger then the office where I work. It's ridiculous.
PS3: I bought one of those... I prefer their game lineup... anyone wanna buy a 360? ;P
Old Jan 8, 2008, 05:09 AM

You need to googlemaps the trail you found and share

PS3: Fun stuff. I blame Perry for my purchase, but I am enjoying it so far so no problem. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is great (Wish I could say the same for the Evo X)

If you haven't yet, you should try Uncharted. Wonderful game. Kinda like tomb raider, but not as frustrating. Much more emphasis on fun.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

I finished Uncharted... bought with the system. Also picked up Ninja Gaiden. Not done yet but definitely already liking it. About GT5, you really liked it? To me it felt like the driving engine sucked *****. I've been playing a lot of Forza2 so perhaps the bar is set higher? I don't know. Plus in Forza2, I was able to make one of my all time favorite dream cars come true. A 300HP RWD Honda powered Prelude. SEXY!!!!!!

HONDA FA LIFE!!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:52 AM

I didn't realize it was nice outside until about 5pm. Mondays are laundry days for me.

PS3 doesn't have any interesting games for me. Maybe once Final Fantasy comes out. Although Devil May Cry 4 looks sweet.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 07:38 AM

GT5 feels much better imo than forza2. I wanted to like forza so bad, but I felt that the only aspect it did better than gt4 was graphics. The way that the cars dive into the corners, in fact, the entire braking system is just amazing in GT. The xbox360 wheel having crappy build quality didn't help me either. I was REALLY disappointed with that wheel (mainly the cheap feel/side-to-side movement). Looking forward to picking up a G25 setup soon.

As far as a games lineup for the ps3 though, yeah it is absolutely pathetic. Hopefully they get on the ball soon, but it doesn't look like there will be a big surge for a while.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

true.. but even for right now.. there's Uncharted, Rachet & Clank, Ninja Gaiden, Genji: Days of the Blade, and GTA IV on it's way. So it's not too bad. As for GT5, all I can say is, i hope the final game is much better than the demo. When I was playing the demo it really seemed like the cars could simply not accelerate out of a turn for ****. Just seemed like the car wanted to a complete stop and had HORRIBLE throttle response. I'm not going to judge till I play the final version. Hey pheral, did you hear anything about how they're going to be doing damage, if at all? I must say though, I am definitely looking forward to the in-cockpit view. But yet again, they didn't have that in the demo, which is upsetting.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 11:17 AM

out of all those I'd prolly play Uncharted and Rachet and Clank.
GTA should be coming out on 360 and Ninja Gaiden is a remake of a Xbox game.

I can't really get into most driving games. I play for a while then I lose interest. Looks like Final Fantasy is when I jump on the PS3 bandwagon.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:31 PM

Hi kids! I'm so excited by all this posting today too bad it's all about video games Boooo Boring

Okay, for PS3, you need to download Snakeball, it's super fun and cheap PLUS you can get Puzzlefighter and that's fun too!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Puzzlefighter is the best, I own in that game.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

PUZZLE FIGHTER IS THE ****!!!!!! It's like a pink evo VI. It makes no sense... seems a bit demeaning even.. but you give it a chance and your HOOKED!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lords3t
It was a beautiful day yesterday... i called out sick.. cause I actually am. I had no intentions of leaving the house but I had to real quick to drop off a movie rental. My honda breaks are ... g o n e! So i took my Evo. And I'm so glad i did... I put the windows down, dropped off the movie, and went for a drive afterwards. I found some really interesting roads up where I live that are a lot of fun. And some of these roads, you have to be careful with cause it will launch you off... mid turn. It's great. Anyway, hope all you guys had a chance to be outside yesterday.

What roads were you on? We do have some really fun roads roads around our area Let me know what roads you were on maybe I havent been on them yet. Some day I will take you the roads I go to when I am having a bad day. It never fails after a drive on them it always puts a smile on my face
Old Jan 8, 2008, 08:13 PM

I have no idea about the updates on damage. I am pretty sure it's not gonna be in at all. The problem with damage is that Yamauchi is a perfectionist. If it can't be done right and complete, he'd rather not have it in his game at all. The damage thing used to be a big deal to me, but the more I play racing sims, the more I realize it is just annoying. If the damage was realistic, the majority of online play would be zero fun as it would just be full of griefers. For examples look to PGR3 etc. People end up treating GT like it is burnout. Granted, I have had a few good races in forza2, but if I am playing an hour, at least one wall-banger shows up.

I know the physics have changed since the HD Concept demo. I have read more than one place that the HD concept was simply using the GT4 physics. Playing GT5Prologue I get a much better feel of what the car is doing and how the weight is being transferred. A tip that makes the game (even HD concept) a lot more fun is dropping down on the tires. The S1-S2 tires seem to give a much more realistic feel to driving the evo IMO. I had a similar feeling as you described from HD Concept with R3 tires, the car seems to stop far too quickly and handling seems way off.

The US version of prologue should be out next month, and with it, hopefully a US PSN demo (which is a little odd as prologue is essentially... a demo).

And the cockpit view! YES! It is very nice. So nice, in fact, that I find myself a bit annoyed that "my" vents are pointed straight down and I feel like I want to reach over and adjust them.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:11 AM

GT will never have damage simply due to the fact several car manufacturers wouldn't license their cars to Polyphony Digital if they did.

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™