Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always thought of Ferrari as being a stickler about the licensing issue, but Forza pulled it off. Damage just isn't something that I enjoy in a game. If I am playing destruction derby or burnout or something, yeah, it is great. In games like GT, people just act like tards and slam into you in the apex nearly disabling your car but only taking off their bumper.

Besides, it makes me wanna cry when I see an evo with a bumper hanging off
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaioshin
GT will never have damage simply due to the fact several car manufacturers wouldn't license their cars to Polyphony Digital if they did.
^ cause they're freaking panzies that don't want to see their precious cars damaged. It's a complete bull**** copout if you ask me. Hell the Evo community doesn't seem to mind showing off wrecked up Evo's. You see them on these forums everyday. CRASHIN' GANGSTA!!! REPRESENT!!!

As for the HD concept vs prologue demo... I stand corrected and feel a bit foolish when I say this... but I completely retract all opinions and views I have previously stated on the prologue demo. All views and opinions were based on the false assumptions that both demos were one and the same thing. my bad
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:41 AM

FYI, I am back.

Been out of the loop for a few months, but it's all good.

Ahlan bikum!
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eyre
FYI, I am back.

Been out of the loop for a few months, but it's all good.

Ahlan bikum!
El salam alaykum ya ekhi. Hope you've been well.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 05:45 AM

Wa alaykum, I have been good thanks man. I had to get some new tires went with some Potenza's I just couldnt swing those Advan's waaaaay too expensive. Cracked my windshield too

I am coming up for my sticker re-up time for registration so was browsing to see about emissions and what not (in case I get pegged)
Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by pheral
I always thought of Ferrari as being a stickler about the licensing issue, but Forza pulled it off. Damage just isn't something that I enjoy in a game. If I am playing destruction derby or burnout or something, yeah, it is great. In games like GT, people just act like tards and slam into you in the apex nearly disabling your car but only taking off their bumper.

Besides, it makes me wanna cry when I see an evo with a bumper hanging off
True, but for solo play it's a consequence for bad driving. B/c in Gt4, you could have a 1,000 hp evo and basically run a track using the walls as guides.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:17 AM

True, but for solo play it's a consequence for bad driving. B/c in Gt4, you could have a 1,000 hp evo and basically run a track using the walls as guides.
1,000 hp Evo in GT4!? What cheat codes are you using?
Old Jan 9, 2008, 07:00 AM

Just making a point.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Wa alaykum, I have been good thanks man. I had to get some new tires went with some Potenza's I just couldnt swing those Advan's waaaaay too expensive. Cracked my windshield too

I am coming up for my sticker re-up time for registration so was browsing to see about emissions and what not (in case I get pegged)
If you're not throwing a code, you should be able to pass. They usually don't spot check the undercarriage. You'll most likely just drive right over the rollers and pull up to the OBDII reader near the exit on the other side
Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:42 AM

In single player, it is indeed a consequence of bad driving, but the person staying on the track (properly) will get a much better time than one riding the walls. Supposedly another major change in GT5 will be the AI. Unlike in GT4, the AI on a harder difficulty will not just always take the perfect line (regardless of your car being in the way) but will be aware of other cars on the track.

I sure hope so because GT4 on the pro setting was not very fun as the AI would just move you out of the way if they "needed" in order to get to their line.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:11 AM

Are they still doing the Annapolis meets?
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:39 AM

not atm, it's too cold and we are currently without location.

Pheral, you would get a better time, but with a fast enough car you could do that and still win the race.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Are they still doing the Annapolis meets?

not atm, it's too cold and we are currently without location.
That is true on the cold part.. for location though.. like I mentioned before, the public park across from the Wawa down bestgate would be perfect. And hey, Eyre, I'm always up for hanging out. Just drop me a note on here. This weekend though I'm probably going to spend half of it under the honda ... and the other half cleaning up my living quarters
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:50 AM

Yeah no worries, we'll get together once this last cold front passes through. I heard we are getting dumped on Sunday or Monday can't remember. I could look but I am kislan!

I need to clear up my bill at ISP with Peter and possibly get both cams replaced. I have a 280 Comp cam atm (exhaust) and I still need to hook up my stupid turbo timer, need to order the harness and what not.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 05:36 PM

Happy Monday! Only 5 work days until the weekend!!!

Quick Reply: Mid-Atlantic Forum Off Topic Thread™