Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

front license plate in Maryland?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
front license plate in Maryland?

I realize that the law says you need a front license plate in Maryland, but has anybody actually received a ticket in Maryland for not having it? I prefer the look without the plate.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Mine came with the bracket on already when I got it. I was thinking about taking it off, but then I heard about people getting pulled over all the time and didn't feel like dealing with it. I'd say put it on so they don't have a reason to pull you over every week. It does look way better without it though.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 07:47 PM

I lived in MD my whole life except when I moved across the PA line back in April 06. I had my evo for about a year when I lived in MD and never put on the front license plate. Left it in my trunk just in case.

Jason
Old Jul 7, 2007, 07:52 PM

1 1/2 years driving without a front license plate and i run across too many cops to count. only once has one said something to me and never any tickets or anything for it. but i did hear a 'rumor' that there is something in the works to not require it in maryland
Old Jul 7, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

I had several cars without front license plate in Maryland and was never pulled over. But I am sure since there are a lot of speeding cameras around, especially in Montgomery County, I would think they will be cracking down soon.

I don't think the cops will put you into jails or anything without a front license plate. I guess there is always a price for looking good.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

my friennd got pulled over in his 500+hp evo on 95 because he had no front plate
Old Jul 7, 2007, 09:10 PM

Neither of our cars have front license plates. (evo or gli) I'll take the fine over ruining the sexiness of the front of the car.

Thankfully neither of the cars had the brackets on them when we purchased them from the dealer...we don't have to run around with plugs in the bumpers.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

i've lived in MOCO for 2 years and have been pulled over 4 times for not having front plates. They were all warnings except for the last time which was a $40 ticket.

I'd rather have a front plate, than a reason for them to pull me over.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

It all depends on the Officer, If I see some riced out civic or teggy with not front tag, I'm pulling it over. Now if its a nice car (Evo, STi, or Cobra) its not getting pulled over. These are my standards not everyone else's.

You don't alway get a fine, sometimes it will be a RO (Repair Order) that will need to be signed off by a Police Officer.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jewish Santa
It all depends on the Officer, If I see some riced out civic or teggy with not front tag, I'm pulling it over. Now if its a nice car (Evo, STi, or Cobra) its not getting pulled over. These are my standards not everyone else's.

You don't alway get a fine, sometimes it will be a RO (Repair Order) that will need to be signed off by a Police Officer.
Sounds more like it's all about the luck of the draw and hoping for a nice police person
Old Jul 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Thats what it boils down too.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

I'm very upset I forgot to tell my dealer NOT to drill holes.... lol I will now buy a new bumper and keep the old one just in case I need to swap it Sucks.... I will gladly pay the $50 fine each time instead of the holes in the bumper..

~Gennie

P.s. Ryan... you will sign mine right??? lol
Old Jul 8, 2007, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Same hear I really haven't had any issues without a front tag. I have been pulled over once but just a warning.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 06:31 AM

well for everyone that is not in Calvert county be happy i went without my front tag for 4 months and got pulled over at least 1 or 2 times a week
Old Jul 9, 2007, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

i dont have the front plates because i dont have the hole in my bumper for one...but i was able to mount the LP bracket on without it... its a little lose but still secure

i got pulled over but told them i just got my bumper replaced and waiting for the brackets.

Quick Reply: front license plate in Maryland?