Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

cop leat me off for going 19mph over!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cop leat me off for going 19mph over!!!

i recently got a speeding ticket in ocean city for doin 57 in a 40 . the cop was a *** hole and gave me a ticket. I have to go to court aug 1. anyway last night at 2:30 am i was comeing back from a party and got pulled over in Bel Air doin 49 in a 30. the cop was so chill. we joked and talked for like 10 min. he gave me a warning and was just so AMAZING. i wish cops were all like that. i was sober and had nothing to drink and he was inpressed. he told me if iwent 1 mph higher it would of been 20mph over and he would of had to give me the ticket. overall it was a kool experince.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

You are prob. gonna get flamed for saying the cop was an *** when YOU were doing 17mph over the speed limit. How is he being an ***? He's doing his job, keeping the streets safe. BTW if you don't mind me asking....how old are you?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

cops can be assess and give tickets, yes he went 17 mph...maybe the cop came to his window bein a jerk..talkin reckless....i doubt he was an *** for pulling over the OP
Old Jul 9, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

yeah... you were going over the speed limit by a pretty reasonable amount... you are lucky that you got a cop who was in a good mood on that second pull over...
Old Jul 9, 2007, 07:50 PM

Keep driving like that and you won't have a license kiddo
Old Jul 9, 2007, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

he's 18..
Old Jul 9, 2007, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Knight
i recently got a speeding ticket in ocean city for doin 57 in a 40 . the cop was a *** hole and gave me a ticket. I have to go to court aug 1. anyway last night at 2:30 am i was comeing back from a party and got pulled over in Bel Air doin 49 in a 30. the cop was so chill. we joked and talked for like 10 min. he gave me a warning and was just so AMAZING. i wish cops were all like that. i was sober and had nothing to drink and he was inpressed. he told me if iwent 1 mph higher it would of been 20mph over and he would of had to give me the ticket. overall it was a kool experince.
ok... the first instance, the cop musta been black and youre obviously white! the second time... obviously.. this was a white on white venture... Im just JOKING!!!!!!
Old Jul 10, 2007, 05:16 AM
Evolving Member

17 and 19 over! You would have gotten a ticket from me reguardless of you owning an Evo or not.

I'm glad you got a warning because getting another ticket before your court date would really kill you, Do yourself a favor and SLOW DOWN!!!

Maybe the police officer in OC was a dick because he saw you doing a dick move yourself, Most police officers will treat you the way they see you treating other people.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

I just got my first speeding ticket in 5 years, I was doing 59 in a 45. But this is a highway that everyone cruises daily at 55MPH and they dont get tickets. But because sometimes around where I live and I know in OC stupid people like to race on these roads and do stupid stuff and get them selves killed or other people. That makes anything that looks "modded" or "sporty" an instant target. I know this is why some cops kinda lay into you when you are speeding in a EVO or similar car more so then if you were in a corolla. Price you pay though, about 2 weeks prior though I got pulled over doing 78 in a 65 on a Interstate and the cop was real cool gave me a warning didnt even run my plates or nothing. Luck for me though in the city I live in your first ticket you can pay $70 and go to an hr long traffic safety class and they will drop the ticket.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 06:18 AM

Being a girl whenj getting stopped for speeding always is a plus for me. I have been stopped 5 times for speeding, usualy over by 15-20 mph, and (knock on wood) Havn't gotten a ticket yet. I just stay quiet, smile, and when they ask me if I know how fast I was going, I just say yup, and don't argue. A cute smile always helps... But NEVER overdoing it!! No way..
Old Jul 10, 2007, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PRlancerGirl
Being a girl whenj getting stopped for speeding always is a plus for me.
+1 for me too.
you should try being a girl.

or just slow down a little. speed limits suck, but i'm sure they're pretty lienient if you try to keep it within 10mph over the limit (they are in FL, at least). that's pretty cool of the 2nd cop to let you go though.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PRlancerGirl
Being a girl whenj getting stopped for speeding always is a plus for me. I have been stopped 5 times for speeding, usualy over by 15-20 mph, and (knock on wood) Havn't gotten a ticket yet. I just stay quiet, smile, and when they ask me if I know how fast I was going, I just say yup, and don't argue. A cute smile always helps... But NEVER overdoing it!! No way..
Being a police officer, I can tell you this will work ALMOST everytime.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Glad you got off the hook... just be safe!

When I was in highschool...I got pulled over doing 59 in a 30..... lol It just changed from 40 to 30.... and he got me. Did I get a ticket? Nope... just a warning I could of been in big trouble... the cop was really really cool. I told him I was late for school

~Gennie
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

^ riiight. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that cops let girls off all the time.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

easy knight rider

Quick Reply: cop leat me off for going 19mph over!!!