Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Lascuola Motorsports website - Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lascuola Motorsports website - Need Help!

ok here it is guys:

As you know LMS is a shop that has been around for a while and they are starting to get into this evo niche here on evom. Alot of us know lonnie, ray, and the rest of the lascuola family. They currently have a website however it is not very up to date, there are alot of dead links, and it needs an update. Here is where i come in. I am gunna help them out and do what i can to redo this site. I need your help though. what would you like to see on the site? alot of you know them and the shop so you would be the best to help add to the site.

Here is the site as of now: LMS Speed

Keep in mind they are focusing on bolt on performance (not full race cars), matinence, and repairs on many types of cars. Also i am not a 10 year experienced web designer, but i do know enough to make this site great and helpful to you guys.

Let me know if you have any ideas and i know lonnie and ray will keep an eye on this thread so ask questions away and post some ideas.

Gennie: i need your help on some pics

Thanks, Dave
Old Apr 26, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

If they could maybe do a stage package I know they don't have a dyno but try and get a local shop to use there dyno and get kreionic or another local tuner to tune for them. Also maybe do some sort of clutch package.The stage package I think is key b.c a lot of people don't like buying seperate parts and rather get it in a package deal were they can save a lil bit of money but get all the parts they need. Also I know they do a lot of maintence maybe do a some sort mileage maintence for example 30k miles-change brake pads,change oil,etc. then 60k mile maintence and so on.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

ill let lonnie talk about the tuner and package things, but the matinence things are on my list. thanks brian
Old Apr 26, 2008, 06:24 PM
Former Sponsor

I am always willing to do package deals, I will work on some stage 1,2,3,etc packages and maint. packages specifically for evo's. I have to talk to Charlie about his availability for consistant appointments. Right now I prefer CBRD's dyno, but I relize that is pretty far (but totally worth it)!! It will really be up to the customer if they prefer another local tuner for a tune or Charlie FTW! We are completely capable to put in base tunes for any particular setup FYI. Thanks for the input and keep it coming guys. I want this site to be simple but useful. We are not an internet parts sales business so we need to focus mainly on maintenance, service, repair, and installs! Our first priority is to get your cars done properly and effectively at a reasonable cost in reasonable time.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

come on 31 views post up
Old Apr 26, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Is LMS going to do E-Business on their website too? If not then a website with these info should satisfy the customers/visitors:

- Speed of the site, meaning fast downloads--limited pop ups
- Navigation tool -- strong banner
- POC, contact info, store hours, location,
- Picture Gallery
- Multimedia

Then you can incorporate additional info like power packages like stated above, would be good to show power level improvements from previous customers. Another thing is 60K maintenance costs, duration of projected down time etc. Good luck and always test the site before publishing it.

If you are going to be the webmaster, get webtools to track visitors, checkout trend analysis, peak visits etc.

Dennis
Old Apr 26, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

thanks good info ^^ seems like you have some experience too
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

i like the setup alantic motorsports uses. copy theres but better with more detail.

lms ftw
Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

ams's site sucks, it had horrible navigation and alot of ways to get lost.

kevin's web design knowledge FTL
Old Apr 27, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Wow a lot has happened over the weekend since I haven't been on... lol I'll be happy to help you and LMS anyway that I can.... If you have a testimonials page we can take pics of the satisfied customers cars and post them with any comments or such.... That way people who look at the page know the kind of cars & work that was done there..
Old Apr 27, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

customer cars are def gunna be on there.

if you have gotten work done there i need pics of your cars, mods, and service done at LMS.

and gennie i need some pics! ill put some props for the pics on the website
Old Apr 27, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
The look itself looks a little outdated. Some of those colors...lol seem like their from the 70's. I'd get rid of the top mounted links, and move them to the left side and perhaps add a couple more categories as the shop grows.

Re-doing this website isn't something thats going to happen over night, its going to come along with time.

Like Gennie said a testimonials page would be a really good idea with customers cars. People will have more faith in the shop knowing that they work on high-end imports seeing the kind of work they produce instead of just "hearing" about it. Heck I think Jeramies car alone would make most anyone a believer. lol

EDIT: Ment the left side

Last edited by damstr; Apr 27, 2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

thanks, keep em comming
Old Apr 28, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

What kind of server are you guys planning on running this on? Any database support? On demand access to databasing (via PhP, Ajax, Flex, Rails ... etc) would be pretty sweet. You could use Flex or Ajax for dynamic navigation. If you'll be running something like a JBoss server or something equivalent, it will give you endless possibilities. It would be really cool if a customer could keep a record of what they did to their car on your site. Services done and/or scheduled to be done. Also, databasing it through the website directly could make the shops management a ton easier. You could then link management/finance software with an internal view to that database and streamline shop cost, asset and maybe even automate inventory records and ordering estimates Perhaps this is a bit more than what you guys are looking for but if you need any help, suggestions, feel free to ask me.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lords3t
What kind of server are you guys planning on running this on? Any database support? On demand access to databasing (via PhP, Ajax, Flex, Rails ... etc) would be pretty sweet. You could use Flex or Ajax for dynamic navigation. If you'll be running something like a JBoss server or something equivalent, it will give you endless possibilities. It would be really cool if a customer could keep a record of what they did to their car on your site. Services done and/or scheduled to be done. Also, databasing it through the website directly could make the shops management a ton easier. You could then link management/finance software with an internal view to that database and streamline shop cost, asset and maybe even automate inventory records and ordering estimates Perhaps this is a bit more than what you guys are looking for but if you need any help, suggestions, feel free to ask me.

goood god man, what the hell did you just say hahahahha

Quick Reply: Lascuola Motorsports website - Need Help!