Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

30,000k service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
30,000k service

All,

I'm about 2,000 mile away from the big 3.0. Was wondering if anyone got their 30k service done somewhere else besides at a Mitsu dealership. Looking for a place that does quality work and great price. I think Mitsu is asking around $400+ to do this. Thanks.

~Chug
Old Jun 4, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

is this under the severe schedule? or regular?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lords3t
is this under the severe schedule? or regular?
Forgive me but I don't quite understand what you meant. Did you mean if "I need to get it done asap?"

~Chug
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

No... there are two different maintenance schedules in your owners manual that you could go by. There is regular (for regular driving and commuting with mostly highway) and there is a severe schedule, which requires more frequent services. I only ask because if you are going by the severe schedule, then the 30k service will include belt changes. If your dealer is quoting you that price including that, I'd take it without batting an eye. It's not going to get any cheaper than that. On the other hand, if you're going by the regular schedule, that quote is a bit high. In fact, if it's on the regular schedule, I'd suggest doing the work yourself since it would be fairly simple.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

you need to go to lascuola motorsports and no one else!

lonnie or ray will chime in

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=345135
Old Jun 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lords3t
No... there are two different maintenance schedules in your owners manual that you could go by. There is regular (for regular driving and commuting with mostly highway) and there is a severe schedule, which requires more frequent services. I only ask because if you are going by the severe schedule, then the 30k service will include belt changes. If your dealer is quoting you that price including that, I'd take it without batting an eye. It's not going to get any cheaper than that. On the other hand, if you're going by the regular schedule, that quote is a bit high. In fact, if it's on the regular schedule, I'd suggest doing the work yourself since it would be fairly simple.
I assuming just the regular services. I took my car to a mitsu dealership and they just said my 30k services is coming up soon. I don't think its the belt because he said thats done around 60k. Also, I don't beat my car so I don't think I need to change my belt or the 'severe' services.

~Chug
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Well then I'd suggest doing it yourself. If you want a good shop to do it for you, the first shop that pops in my head is CBRD. I've heard really good things about LaScuola Motorsports as well (see post#5). I very well may be going to them a lot since they're practically down the road from my house. As for you, I'm not really sure how close or far these shops are, but it may be worth it considering how much you want to baby your Evo. I would highly discourage you from taking it to an average shop, you're way less likely to screw anything up if you use these forums for directions and do it yourself. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

i don't trust Mitsu Tech's!!!
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Malik_EvoIX
^^ agreed.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 05:41 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Malik_EvoIX
then why trust a no name shop and then come back to mitsu if there is a problem? I would just let them (mitsu) do it and if something wrong happens you and they know it is their fault.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sblvro
then why trust a no name shop and then come back to mitsu if there is a problem? I would just let them (mitsu) do it and if something wrong happens you and they know it is their fault.

I'm sorry, but most mitsu tech have no buisness touching an evo. Then they try to sell you things that you don't need in the service.

chuggychug,
PM me or Lonnie@LMS or call the shop and we can help ya out with whatever you need. In the mean time.... check our 30K service thread here
Old Jun 5, 2008, 07:12 AM

Check Lascoula Motorsports.. great shop. These guys will take care of you. There is a reason they get good feedback, which likely won't be the case with any of the dealership mechanics.

My car has not and will never see the dealership techs..ever. (92k miles) I do the work, or the shops, such as Lascoula for the mtfw! Plus you get a cookie Mitsubishi doesn't give cookies..
Old Jun 5, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
I'm sorry, but most mitsu tech have no buisness touching an evo. Then they try to sell you things that you don't need in the service.

chuggychug,
PM me or Lonnie@LMS or call the shop and we can help ya out with whatever you need. In the mean time.... check our 30K service thread here
Thanks for the info. I have a quick question. How long does the 30ker service take to get done? I see by ur sig, you guys are located in MD. I"m in VA, next to Tysons corner, so getting to you guys is tough if I have to drop if and leave it for a day. Oh yeah, another question is, is it possible to watch? It interesting to me.

~Chug
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we can help if you need us too

cb
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chuggychug
Thanks for the info. I have a quick question. How long does the 30ker service take to get done? I see by ur sig, you guys are located in MD. I"m in VA, next to Tysons corner, so getting to you guys is tough if I have to drop if and leave it for a day. Oh yeah, another question is, is it possible to watch? It interesting to me.

~Chug
The service takes between 3-4hrs. Yes, there is no problem with you waiting while we perform the service. We have some best motoring, options..... ect DVDs to watch while you wait. If you wish to watch a specific part of the service, we can walk you out to show you and answer any questions you might have.