Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Wheels stolen....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2003, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheels stolen....

Unfortuantly last night at the dealership i work at .. a set of evo wheels were stolen right off the car and the car was put on bricks causing damage to the body also

Be careful people with your cars guys... seems like there are alot of a$$holes out in the world who dont want to pay for things.

Old Aug 14, 2003, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry to hear that - people are such *******s sometimes
Old Aug 14, 2003, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

wheel locks all the way.. I'm considering getting another set to make it even harder to jack them.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

What dealership was it? Weird... what other cars will they swap onto?

Thwack...I have a friend who had a heavily modded Integra GSR. He replaced ALL his lugs with locking lugs. Thats right, he had to use 5 different keys (type R suspension) to change his wheels.

That car was stolen out of his driveway.....and it was recovered completely stripped a few months later.....but the wheels and the suspension were still there! huhu

SC~
Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

If they steal the wheels, I'll file an insurance claim and use the money toward my new 18" BBS...
Old Aug 14, 2003, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmm....me thinks wheel locks are next purchase
Old Aug 14, 2003, 12:14 PM

When I purchased my GSR the dealer already had wheel lock on all of them because people where stealing the rims. I was very surprised when the Mitsu dealers didn't just put them on. People will steal whatever they can get their hands on.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Well when I go to the dealer next week, I will put those on, too. I need to buy a cover as well. No damn garages here in N. VA unless you buy a detached house.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

I am moving in less than a month now... Yes its out of the ghetto for me, into a nice complex in NOVA with a garage under each building... one that needs an id card to get into... I will sleep so much better at night than i do now... bunch thugs where i live now. I was about to buy a cover for the car, but I'll take those 200 bucks and put them toward repaitning the front end, now that i wont be commuting 70 miles a day in dc roads and highways.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Already have wheel locks on mine...and insurance...
Old Aug 15, 2003, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

I live in a gated community....ID card to get in....I have a detached garage that is big enough to store my Evo and my Mini at the same time...On site car washing....wide parking spots.

Life is good.

SC~
Old Aug 16, 2003, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

At this dealership (Acura) we automatically put a set of wheel locks on every car as they're PDI'd. Not that Acura rims are even that popular to steal, just that we don't want anyone stealing them anyway. I too am shocked that Mitsubishi dealerships don't put locks on their Evos at PDI.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 12:08 PM

whats PDI?
Old Aug 16, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Pre-Delivery Inspection. This is when a tech takes a freshly-delivered vehicle and inspects it based on a checklist. This includes installing a couple fuses left out for shipping, removing things like suspension spacers, screwing on the radio antennas, and putting it up on a lift to inspect even the underbody for any travel/shipping damage.

On Acuras they also put in the radio/navigation codes to enable the radio/navi so if/when the car is test driven everything works.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by JRock
Pre-Delivery Inspection. This is when a tech takes a freshly-delivered vehicle and inspects it based on a checklist. This includes installing a couple fuses left out for shipping, removing things like suspension spacers, screwing on the radio antennas, and putting it up on a lift to inspect even the underbody for any travel/shipping damage.

On Acuras they also put in the radio/navigation codes to enable the radio/navi so if/when the car is test driven everything works.
Yup...and you should have received a copy of the PDI checklist with your paperwork when you took delivery of your vehicle.