Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.
View Poll Results: What Date Can Most People Attend?
July 19
10.00%
July 20
60.00%
July 26
20.00%
July 27
10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Sandy Point Picnic/Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VinDi
i think its the Brand new Exhaust in CoPolit car that u're smelling. LOL...now now lets all be nice.
LMAO the new exhaust doesn't smell... the old one did.... really really really really bad
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:27 AM

ok, people. JennGLI and I are tossing around a couple ideas as far as the MAIN food dishes for the picnic. If anyone else wants to bring anything special you are more than welcome to... Same thing for drinks.. I believe the park doesn't allow alcohol so no "drinks" but sodas, water and that stuff is kewl! Bring chairs! If you have them.... I know they have picnic tables and stuff but if theres like 10 of us with food on a table we will have no room...so bring chairs!or a blankie to sit on (true picnic style! )
And dont forget your floaties if you cant swim...that is if you plan to get in the water =D I'm not doing mouth to mouth on anybody, I'll wait till u stop breathing and take ur keys!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:28 AM

let get a Head count so we know how much drinks and food to bring. i vote Fried Chicken and Watermelon...LOL...just kidding...not really...i love me some fried chicken and watermelon.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:59 AM

me =2

I SECOND THE Watermelon, lol. someone should bring one, and a knife! or we'll be smashing it against trees to eat it
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

im all for this!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:21 AM

hey guys so the 20th is it right? ill be there
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:53 AM

Just wanted to throw this out there now, there is a fee PER PERSON not per car, to get in the park, its lame, but they have a nice facility there so i guess the upkeep isnt cheap. Its $5 a head, so be prepared!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:02 PM

what time does it start and end?
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:10 PM

^Have to discuss that with JennGLI tonight. I was thinking of starting around 1:30 or 2 and then lasting till around 430 or 5ish... the park is open until dark...which is around 8 or 830, so... we'd have plenty of time...If we wanted to stay longer
One of us will post all of the finalities tonight or tomorrow after we chat....JennGLI cant get on here at work so she'll probably post something tonight, I'll just try to catch her before she does so we can give u guys some answers =)

Last edited by CoPilot; Jul 15, 2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: I'm a tard
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:19 PM

i'll bring the Watermelon and a Knife unless u guys wanna be like barbarians then we can smash it against some trees and eat it...either way i'm bringing one...Seedless baby!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

im in .....see you all there.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

im pretty sure im down so that would be me plus maybe 5 other ppl dont know yet
Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:08 AM

OK, I will officially announce the time of the meet/cook out as 1:00 on Sunday...we'll say it'll last until...like 4ish(I have to go to work on Monday so I'll wanna go home and relax for a while before bed time =D ) I will try to advertise my whereabouts as well as possible once I get there, I know the grills r first come first serve...so Not toooo sure where we'll end up. Give me a call if you can't find us! **240-528-0201 Jenn**
REMINDERS
*Bring Chairs/ Blankets
* $5 admission for EACH PERSON (not per car)
*welcome to bring foods...side dishes...snacks, whatever..Foods Food! Watermelon will be an admission fee for one certain person! =P IF SOME OF US COULD TRY TO BRING DRINKS WATER WATER WATER, THAT'D BE A HUGE HELP, ITS CHEAP AND WE'LL NEED IT!
*Bring your floaties and sunblock! its supposed to be about 90 degrees, so.... Pop-Up Tents and umbrellas might be a good idea for us white people, we burn. Shade = Good!

Cant think of any other points to make at this time, Keep the rsvp's coming, JennGLI will need a head count for the main food stuff.

Last edited by CoPilot; Jul 16, 2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll be there.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 05:12 PM

Hey everyone!

First of all, thanks JennR for communicating with everyone!!!

Sunday, 1PM at Sandy Point...no end time because we want to give everyone a chance to come out. I will say, if you are planning on coming around later, if you want to give a call to either me (301-442-9747) or JennR to make sure people are still around that's cool.

JennR and I are going to provide burgers, buns, and dogs. If you're coming, please bring a side, like a salad or dessert or something other than chips so we have a nice variety.

Either JennR or myself will be there a bit earlier to stake our claim on a picnic table and grill.

So to echo JennR: Remember to bring chairs, entrance is $5.00/person, BYOB, bring a side and VinDi needs to bring a watermelon and knife , and everyone is welcome to come but if you could let us know by saying something here, it will be easier for JennR and I to shop.

Can't wait to see everyone on Sunday!!!!! Kylie's excited to meet everyone

Last edited by JennGLI; Jul 16, 2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: added phone number

Quick Reply: Sandy Point Picnic/Meet