Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.
View Poll Results: Good a best Tune in MD...
CBRD
67.16%
DTM
32.84%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

What's the best Tune Shop MD?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleaned.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crzylizard
Cleaned.
Did not know it was dirty ....but thanks for being on top of this, dont want to see this thread in the toilet.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

its what we do. I saw it the other day, and though I had cleaned it. Whoops.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

DTM gets my vote. Reason for that is I've been extremely happy with everything I've had done there. Hell I also go by just to hang out. Many times while driving my prius. Just a great group of guys that I also consider my friends. Nothing against CBRD as I've never been there, though I would like to make it to one of their open houses.

VinDi - I'm in Germantown so if you want to meet up and cruise down to the bbq on the 12th let me know. Also if you want to check out some of DTM's handy work we can meet up anytime. I've got one of their custom turbo kits, built motor, and of course AEM tune. I'd be happy to take you for a ride so you can see for yourself. Currently at 583 / 440 for my "street" tune. Had it as high as 637 but the fun of breaking the tires loose at will wore off. Pm me if you want to meet up.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

VinDi, if you want to take a ride in another one of DTMs cars, by all means, I would love to give you one. I'm not quite as built as Joe is, but the car is still and animal on the stock ECU/block/head & clutch. I'm hoping to be down next weekend, it all depends on when my manifold gets shipped back to DTM from being coated. If you are wanting some preliminary pics of a newly designed DTM Twin Scroll kit, just let me know. My car is getting a makeover next weekend, and I'm hoping it will be in time for the dyno day.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Not trying to add fuel to a volatile mix but one would think that past track records would play an important part in anyone's decision about who they want to tune their car. As such, I'd like to interject a few facts without trying to rock the boat.

Let's see, National Champion in NASA for 2007 beating Buschur and RobiSpec, undisputed East coast Redline TA modified AWD class champions two years running, a plethora of 1st place finishes in NASA TT events and a bunch of customers taking home trophies as well.

If we are building and tuning these cars we must be doing something right. We don't have the cleanest shop in the world thanks to our workload which barely gives us a chance to breathe. We also don't have a bunch of gadgets to amuse customers while they are at our shop, but I think our work speaks for itself. We are a no nonsense shop that builds and tunes cars that win, plain and simple.

Logically, if you like to win, I think the choice becomes obvious.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 07:34 AM

DISCLAIMER:this isn't bashing, this is criticism.

a lot of people in the area know of both of these shops and yes, they will choose whichever they want based on their thoughts and personality (yes, i said personality). now, i just want to say after reading this thread, i would definitely stay with CBRD and LMS (thanks for the window!!). it may be my bias towards their ethic and the reputation of the guys there but after reading most of this thread, i see no reason why i should change to any other shop just because of the attitudes it seems that other shops have. yea, you can explain what your shop has done, what you can do for other people but don't do that while you're trying to put down another shop. just because CBRD has a clean shop and nice toys doesn't mean they don't do good work and just because your shop is dirty doesn't mean you do good work, so.... chill.

as far as this thread is concerned, it's a waste of time for anyone actually looking for opinions as to which shop is more appropriate to their needs. people are really hell bent on sticking with their shop/tuner and i'm right there with them. everyone has their own personal reasons, albeit either through friends, reps or what have you.

if you want to get your own opinion, here's a good way to do it.
Originally Posted by kreionic
But if your curious about Chads style PM Chad and I would assume if you like to know Nicks style you get intouch with him
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
let the poll decide
70% for CBRD....
how can you go wrong???
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=davidbuschur;5847503]pharmecis,

Now, would you like customers and myself to list the other things from the past?

CBRD has a much more winning past on his side, has no negative history what-so-ever and has done an outstanding job for all of his customers. If you are comparing the past/present then the entire history needs to be viewed and you know all of that doesn't need to be dug back up.

QUOTE]

I use to listen to guys like you. Everyone would jump on your nuts and believe it. You and all the other shops. So I said hmmmmm, let me go find out for myself, along with about 20 other customers. Since Iv been there, there hasnt been one case of anything going wrong or peoples cars "blowing up". If a shop was really THAT bad, then why do they have so much business and so many winnings to show for it? Why is it, everytime someone tries to let people know that DTM is actually a GREAT shop, you and your refugees fall back on the "past"? The funny thing is, I heard about the past from plenty of different people. Which is why I let Nick take care of my car now. I was there for the most recent story with you two aswell.

Point is, if DTM was such a bad shop that blew peoples cars up, why do they have so much business that everyday we get in fights with the other stores because the shop takes up every parking in area?

To the OP. its your choice on who you want to go to. My advice would be to go to each shop and scope them out first, then make your decision. Cuz at the end of the day, all you want ot do is be happy with your car.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Enough.

OP... Try the thread again if you so prefer.