Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Thought this was interesting if you're considering a shop

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought this was interesting if you're considering a shop

http://www.************/forums/index...howtopic=43603
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

It won't allow me to put "nagtroc" ".org" in the same sentence. It's on the nagtroc forums (GT-R) entitled my experience with "Shop X".

Last edited by ZEUS EVOX; Sep 9, 2010 at 05:55 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

As many of you know I am a standup guy. I'm educated (MBA in Finance from the University of Virginia), I own two businesses, and best of all I'm a car guy who loves cars and the community that follows it. I am not here to bash anyone, I just wanted to share my experience with a vendor that has been posting recently that has really boiled my blood. I feel it is a slap in everyone's face that this shop claims they are knowledgeable when it comes to GT-R's or any other cars for that matter. I am referring to them as "Shop X". Please excuse any grammatical errors as its 2:30 AM and I'm running on no sleep.

[/size]

MY EXPERIENCE WITH "SHOP X" WITH MY EVO X

Let me share my experience with "Shop X" (This is my personal experience with a shop I have been dealing with for almost a year):

I gave "Shop X" my Evo X for a massive turbo upgrade to reach a goal of 1,000 hp. During the build I witnessed the following business practices (all of which is documented with pictures and witnesses, I am excluding the ones I don't have documentations for).

•They promised the up most respect for my car however from December until March it was out in a side parking lot (completely out of shop view) of their building during the winter months. When approached about the situation "Shop X" told me that there wasn't any room in the shop to have my car sit there while parts were being ordered (for a $30,000 build this is unacceptable in my eyes). However, they did have a 350z occupy a place in the shop for a teardown during those winter months. Salt from the sand trucks were constantly on the car since we had one of the worst snow storms in history last year. Please note that my car was in the elements with an empty engine bay with no plastic wrap protecting any of the wires and other exposed engine components.

•During the time it was out in the elements, body damaged occurred to the roof of the vehicle. "Shop X" did fix the damage, but again when a vehicle goes in for engine work the last thing you want to deal with is the addition of body work. EDIT: I'm sorry there were two issues of body damage that occured during the outdoor stint.

•"Shop X" placed ALL of the extra components from the engine bay in the trunk and interior of my car. The interior of the car was honestly filled to capacity. It was so bad that when it reached another very reputable shop to have the job completed we had to replace the rear trunk mat (oil stains and tears), and I was told that the rips and tears in the suede back seats could not be fixed unless it was replaced!

•It was a habit to call "Shop X" and leave a message only to get a response days later. This was a habit and not a one time thing!

•I had a goal and an unlimited budget (in fact I paid "Shop X" whenever he needed cash for parts AND LABOR before the job was performed). In no way was "Shop X" limited in its work. If people would like me to scan his final invoice with his labor rate, you would see that he was charging me for every little thing and in return I just wanted the best. When it arrived at the other shop it had damage to the wiring harnesses which was all cluttered and had to be untangled and fixed, the test pipe that has created by "Shop X" looked like a joke. The shop it went to said it had never seen such an effortless job in its welds and bends. The fuel rail that was created by "Shop X" had to be removed and thrown out since it did not work properly. 3 leaks were noticed that had to be fixed (8 hours worth of labor). Ultimately during the wrap-up of the project the shop manager at the other shop gave me this quote to sum up what the car looked like when it arrived to them, "The EVO was a result of poor work by another shop.".

In conclusion these are the business practices I experienced with at "Shop X" with my Evo X. REMEMBER, I am only posting the ones I have documentation and witnesses for. Their are A LOT more in my opinion but I will only depict what I have proof for.

[size="3"]

MY EXPERIENCE WITH "SHOP X" WITH MY GT-R

I gave "Shop X" my GT-R to have basic bolt-ons installed. Some of you may be asking why I sent my GT-R there if I had so many problems with the Evo. The answer, I gave "Shop X" my car at the end of December 2009 and the only issue I was noticing from "Shop X" was the promise to bring my Evo X back in from the elements, which I honestly thought he would do after I confronted him about it. All the other issues with Evo X were noticed during the final two weeks the Evo was at "Shop X". The main issue to note here on the GT-R build is FRAUD.

1. The exhaust that I received was from another vendor. When fitting the Exhaust on the GT-R, "Shop X" noticed that it didn't fit properly. Pictures were taken and the two shops agreed to have the exhaust sent back. The exhaust vendor knew it would take about 2 weeks to fabricate a new one and send it back to "Shop X". So they told me they would pay "Shop X" to remove the aftermarket one and install my stock exhaust, and when the new exhaust arrived, they would pay "Shop X" to remove the stock exhaust and have the upgraded one installed. Well, long story short, "Shop X" said it needed more "time" to install my sway bars, however they never removed my exhaust and received payment from the exhaust vendor for those labor rates (which I can verify). I did not want any part of it and STILL paid "Shop X" for the installation of the exhaust which I can provide receipts and invoices for. I did not want to be a "whistle blower" since my Evo was still at his shop. This ultimately was a huge red flag and caused great concern for my Evo X build.

2. When installing my rear sway bars, "Shop X" installed them backwards and tried to convince me and the exhaust vendor that they were put on properly. This was only detected when "Shop X" and the exhaust vendor were reviewing pictures of the fitting issues of the exhaust. If this was not caught I would have received my GT-R with the rear sways put on backwards! "Shop X" was adamant until the end that they were put on correctly. Only after he reversed it did he notice that the exhaust vendor was correct.

Please take what you will from my issues with "Shop X". Please note that everything depicted is documented with pictures, paperwork AND witnesses. I would be glad to reveal who "Shop X" is but I was legally advised not to. I am not going after "Shop X" in any legal matter. I just wanted to share my experience.

Thank You
Old Sep 9, 2010, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

If you want further info and other customers experience please feel free to check that thread on the GT-R forums. A lot more detail as well as a huge update.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for posting. I was actually reading your thread on nagtroc when you posed it originally.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

So who is Shop X?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shadow1
so who is shop x?
+1

Edit: nevermind, found it on nagtroc.

Last edited by heyzeus11; Sep 10, 2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Go to the nagtroc forums......
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Couldn't find the thread nor do I want to join a GTR forum. Can you PM me?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

The thread is in the GT-R (main) section of the nagtroc forums. The title of the thread is "My Experience with Shop X". It's on the first page. I'm not being a pain, but I was legally advise not to personally mention the name of the shop.

Zeus