Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Philadlephia Car Show

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2004, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Philadlephia Car Show

I just got back from the Philadelphia Auto Show, and man am I disappointed with Mitsu. I stopped by the Subaru set up and they had a Rally car - looked just like the Subaru rally racer. They also had 2 or 3 totally decked out STis with full exterior and interior mods. They looked great. Then I went over to Mitsu hoping to see a few Evos. Well, I saw one. They had a stock Rally Red one. But they didn't have a single modified one. Not a single thing. I realize that it's not a modified car show, but Subaru felt that they could show off some stuff, why not Mitsu. Quite a disappointment. They should showcase there awesome car some more. I mentioned this to the guy at the kiosk, but he didn't seem to care much. I think he mentioned that the Rally car would be at the Chicage car show. Well, then they should have found another cool one then.

It didn't stop 100 people from hanging all over the Evo, so people still have good taste.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 04:04 PM

I noticed the same thing at the North Amercian International Auto Show in Detroit. Subaru had two WRX's that people could get into and "test the seats" and a bunch of the rally cars in the lower level of the show but Mitsu's display had ONE Evo that was roped off so no one could sit in it at all. Although it did have a small sign in the window saying that it was Automobile Magazine's Car of the Year.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

In Omaha at the Midlands Auto Show, Mitsubishi didn't even make an appearance! Not that it's a big show by any means, in fact it really felt like just a bunch of dealerships in one spot (which it was). Still there was a HUGE turn out!

I think it was partly due to the fact the Mitsubishi dealership in Omaha (Metro Mitsubishi) which was to represent Mitsubishi didn't show up. Probably due to the fact that the dealership has horrible salesmen, poor service, etc... and everyone I've spoken to says to avoid the dealership like the plague.

In my opinion I think Mitsubishi North America is headed in the wrong direction on a number of fronts from what I've gathered reading here and talking to people in general.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Philadlephia Car Show

Originally posted by evodo

I just got back from the Philadelphia Auto Show, and man am I disappointed with Mitsu.
It wasn't until I left Philly (lived there for 25 years) that I realized that their annual car show was a small town, second rate affair.

Do yourself a favor, next year get in your car and go to the car show in NYC. It's totally worth the 3 hr drive when you compare it to the drivel of the Philly show.

SC~
Old Feb 8, 2004, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

i went i enjoyed it... they had one hooked up STi with NX and a titanium exhaust and a riced out WRX...

its a new car show... not Hot Import Nights...
Old Feb 8, 2004, 02:18 PM

Re: Re: Philadlephia Car Show

Well the NY auto show is not until April so there is still time to see a real show.

Originally posted by Secret Chimp

It wasn't until I left Philly (lived there for 25 years) that I realized that their annual car show was a small town, second rate affair.

Do yourself a favor, next year get in your car and go to the car show in NYC. It's totally worth the 3 hr drive when you compare it to the drivel of the Philly show.

SC~