Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Metro Mitsubishi - Bloomington, MN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard that the hot side is giving between 20 and 30 whp after a set of cams. That is essentially the same gain (again) as a set of HKS cams for about 1/2 the cost. That's based on some of the "before and after" stuff from the different forum threads.

I should be hitting the dyno within the next two weeks, but I will have alot of changes from when I was last there. The head, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, hotside and intake will have all been changed. I will also be completely re-working the boost, timing and AFR maps to match the new parts. I spent quite a bit time on the phone today talking with Dustin at Vishnu about the best way to make all those changes. I may actually have learned enough to be dangerous now.

Since all the parts are here or due to arrive by Thursday, I'm planning to put the car back together this weekend. I'll let you know how everything comes out.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Almost back together! Just need to install the new hotside on the turbo, put the turbo, exhaust and exhaust manifold back in, and then toss in a few things like the radiator and stock air box. Hopefully it will be running tonight and ready for the dyno this weekend.

My new Stroth 4 point harnesses should arrive today, too.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

YES! The car is together and running well. Everything went together without drama and the initial test start and first test drive were both flawless. No new puddles in the garage this morning either.

Tomorrow morning I'll be on the dyno at RS Motors trying to get the car tuned to match the new set-up. Oh, the Stroth harnesses are in, too. The only part that was real pain about them was putting in the back seat acnchors at the top of the OEM shoulder belts - I had to tear out everything in the back seat and rear shelf area to get them in.

Tonight it's time to put a few more miles on the car and load a new set of maps that more closely match my car's present parts list.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

man, erioshi, it looks like you got one of the baddest evos in the midwest. i would love to look inside your engine bay just to see all the things you've done.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Hi guys.

In case you're still subscribed to this thread, we're trying to get Dynoflash out here for some custom tuning. Here's the link if you're interested....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=132101