Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Metro Mitsubishi - Bloomington, MN

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metro Mitsubishi - Bloomington, MN

Anyone purchased a car from here before? They have a used silver 2003 EVO that I am considering buying, and I was wondering if anyone has been there before, and what kind of service they have recieved. Thanks.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

nah, i bought my OZ at Collins mitsu on the west side... its now under new ownership.. i don't know the name tho.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

I bought mine from wayzata but i know some people that have bought theres from there and i gues it just depends on who you are dealing with.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought my Lancer there. The only service I ever had done there was a manual tranny fluid swap at 30,000 miles. The parts department has always treated me well however, helpful quick service.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

I generally get parts from them and they have seen my car for a couple of minor things. My Evo came from Kine, though, and I've had them do all the waranty updates.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 03:03 PM

There is a used yellow EVO at Wayzata.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

mmm - MR.

I may have to track you down and check out your car once the weather warms up. I could offer the chance to check out a semi-built '03 in return.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

I got dibs on your suspension .
Old Jan 6, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by raced_EvoVIII
I got dibs on your suspension .

Having a good winter? I'm planning on putting my Evo back together this month.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys I just found out there can be quite a price difference between parts from Kline and Metro. I had to order a strut, Metro quoted me $135, Kline quoted me $112. I asked Kline why there's was so much cheaper, they said Metro marks up there parts a higher percentage. Metro was glad to match the price, but something to keep in mind...
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

I bought my Evo from Kline after dealing mostly with Metro. Funny thing was the Evo I got was the exact one I was looking at from Metro. Kline didn't have black and did a dealer swap. I knew it was the same one cuz, they forgot to take off a Metro sales sticker. I found the Kline guys a little more knowledgeable and more willing to negotiate.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with your assesment. The two main reasons I have been buying parts from Metro are location (I'm south of the river) and a healthy discount from their list prices. I still call around on them from time to time to check things though.

As for buying the car, Klein was the only dealership in town that was willing to write a ticket for MSRP invoice with no dealer options or added mark up when I put my deposit down. Evos were just starting to roll off the boat then and virtually everyone had a waiting list. Some dealers were adding lots of mark-up (Metro was asking about 5K) and they were all trying to load up the cars with dealer options. Kline delivered my car as specified without any games.

Last edited by erioshi; Jan 12, 2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

any of you guys have mods? do you know if any of the twin cities dealers is "mod" friendly. currently, i just have a catback.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

None of the dealers here are particularly mod friendly. The local district manager is definitely NOT mod friendly - he called me one Friday afternoon to explain that he was having Mitsubishi put a "warranty watch" flag on my car. I don't want to get into the details, but a local body shop had sent the car to Metro Mitsubishi to have an SES reset; they saw my piggy-back and called him.

In another case, a friend of mine was told to remove a similiar mod from his car or have his warranty voided by Wyzatta Mitsubishi. A different friend talked with me about having a local dealership show him pictures of his car at an "import challenge" day at a drag strip near here. He didn't race, but apparently just attending was enough for the dealership to attempt to imply that he raced the car. I believe there were also some print-outs of posts from an internet forum. He had brough the car in for transmission problems.

The DM does attend some driving/racing events, and probably isn't above taking down your info (or snapping a pic) if he spots your car. I do know the DM had an Integra Type R for door to door racing; that was a while ago though. I figure this stuff is probably worth knowing if you plan to attend any events locally. It wouldn't suprise me if the local AutoX's get some attention, too, but I'm not connected to that community.

As for mods, my car is getting there. For power I started with a Vishnu stage 1 kit (XEDE, Turbo back exhaust, cam gears) and have since added a K&N Intake, Piper Rally cams, a fully ported head (going in this month) with oversized valves, new springs, etc., and ARP head studs. I will also be putting in a 10.5 hotside (or possibly the full 20g wheeled turbo conversion BR is working if they get it finished soon). For suspension I have JIC coliovers (not the RRE set-up - I didn't know anything about it when I bought these) with alot of set-up and tuning. Noah at SpeedLab in Hopkins really helped out with the cornerweghting and alignment settings. I've moved from OEM brake pads to CarboTech XP-8 compound on all four corners, and I'm pretty happy with that. It is a bit noisy for street use, though. I've also replaced the brake and cluth lines with DOT legal stainless lines and replaced my brake fluid with ATE super Blue. Oh, almost forgot the Mitsubishi brake cooling guides too; they don't look like much but they definitely help. I've done the "clutch restrictor removal" and installed solid underhood shifter bushings. I've also replaced the in car shifter bushings with harder urathane ones. I also have a dedicated set of track wheels that sport some Toyo RA-1 R compound tires - very good stuff. Other than that, the car looks pretty much stock, but a bit lowered. Oh - and I have a Vishnu rear undercar diffuser in back. I did grab a Mitsubishi guage kit and placed that in the upper DIN slot where the radio was. I moved the radio down to where the empty cubby is - that's where the mounting kit for the guages tells you to put them. I'm also planning to add some Stroth 4 point harnesses for the front seats before I hit the track this year.

Eventually I will do more with the suspension (a different front or rear sway bar and have RRE rebuild my JICs), but probably in 2006. I need to wear out my current coilovers first. I also plan to add a front LSD and upgrade the clutch at some point. For body stuff I still need to add MR roof diffuser and something to help with front down force. I may try some canards and a diffuser or replacement front lip.

If something brakes that is my fault, I have no problem taking responsibility for it. If I really need warranty coverage for something that's not my fault, I'm prepard to fight. Of course I'm running out of "warranty elligable" parts...

Last edited by erioshi; Jan 13, 2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

^ what color is your EVO? I'd like to see it sometime... do you ever attend any mnsportcompacts.net events?

Quick Reply: Metro Mitsubishi - Bloomington, MN