Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Put a Hand Up in Crystal Lake

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2005, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by DvlGrl; Apr 7, 2005 at 04:55 AM. Reason: duplicate
Old Apr 7, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all of the responses! It's good to know there are so many people in the area. We definately have to arrange something in our area, even it's cruisin' out together. That would be sick. On a side note, I've been seeing a white Evo in the area quite a bit, especially in Algonquin. Is that anyone of you guys?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 03:11 PM

I'm from Elgin near Highland and Randall and drive a white Evo. Just dropped it with the Hotchkis springs and swaybar and did my first power mod with the AMS catback!!!! I think it would be sweet as hell to get a cruise meet together with a ton of Lancers. By the way I'm going to RT. 66 next Saturday the 16th if anyone wants to go and race. I'll be there at 9am.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

^Awesome. My Evo may not be ready to run the track yet (I hope to get her back by middle of next week), but good luck with that. Welcome to EvoM, too. You must be the white Evo I see driving around lately. Any chance you get up to Algonquin, particularly the church on Algonquin road? I've seen a white Evo there and a nicely moded yellow Lancer. I thought it was Omarboy25, but I was wrong. Oh well. It would be frickin' sweet to get us all together to cruise. There's a lot more of us in the area than I expected!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 04:50 AM

Yah i thought there was no one in the area.. we should meet up for a mini BBQ or bowling or something.... It would be nice not to have to drive so far to get together... plus there are some nice open roads out here...
Old Apr 11, 2005, 07:53 AM

We did a BBQ and install day at my place in CL last summer I would be willing to host another one this year if anyone is interested I think we had about 20 people last year from all over but no one from McHenry County came so it would be nice to have some locals this year let me know what you all think.

-Jerrad
Old Apr 11, 2005, 08:13 AM

Yah i missed the install day because i think i was in FLA.. sounds good to me... It will just force me to purchase some goodies hahaha
Old Apr 11, 2005, 08:20 AM

OK so, so far we have 2 anyone who would be interested let me know when would be a good date. Saturdays are best for me and the only weekend that I will be gone is the 14th of may. We could also try to get something going for the Crystal Lake car shows that start in June for anyone else that likes american muscle cars it is always a good time and it is 3 blocks from my house.

Last edited by lanceracer; Apr 11, 2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

^ That would be awesome! I'd be in for both of those, provided I ever get my car back! It should be this week, which is what I've been saying for the past four weeks. Anyways, that would be sweet. The BBQ is a hot idea. Let's run with it. I'm a Firefighter, so everyday is a weekend for me (24 hours on, 48 hours off)! Count me in. I'll arrange my schedule to accomodate.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

I was at the BBQ with a few guys from my crew...it was actually pretty cool...we drove all the way from the Gurnee area just to come.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the replies so far. It's good to see this many people in the area. My bro was just up at Bigger's Mitsu in Elgin and said they have over a half-dozen VIII's sitting on their lot. It sounds like our local fam should be growing soon, if they can move them. Take this opportunity to save a friend and get them into an Evo! I couldn't save my bro from his new C6 Vette, but damnit...I tried!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

jerrad i tried calling you?? same # still
i saw a blue evo on 62 by the marathon gas station
parked right next to him on a sunday like 2 weeks ago
who was that?? tall caucasian male?? you in here?
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

what up guys. I'm usually between gurnee and lake zurich in a silver evo. I have seen maybe one other evo in gurnee, but that was even before I got mine. Anyway, just saying whats up.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by healthynine
what up guys. I'm usually between gurnee and lake zurich in a silver evo. I have seen maybe one other evo in gurnee, but that was even before I got mine. Anyway, just saying whats up.

What's up man...what color EVO was it you've seen around you? I'm in the area but I don't bring her out during the winter...unless it's nice out and no snow on the ground. Have you seen the Silver one with Rims and a carbon hood in Waukegan...been trying to see if he's on the board here but never get a response...looks good though...

Hope to see you around...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

it was red, totally stock. I think he was friends with someone from my old apartment, so I saw it maybe twice, and have no idea where its from

Quick Reply: Put a Hand Up in Crystal Lake