Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm interested to see how my clutch works out. I got the Clutchmasters stg 4. So far engagement is nice, quick shifts are smooth, and I didn't have to adjust the pedal.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:00 PM

I like my RPS 6-puck ceramic with the [cen't remember] lightened flywheel. It is a deent race clutch - grabs hard - and is still quite streetable. However, I think the price on that setup tends to be higher than some of the other options.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
I like my RPS 6-puck ceramic with the [cen't remember] lightened flywheel. It is a deent race clutch - grabs hard - and is still quite streetable. However, I think the price on that setup tends to be higher than some of the other options.
Cause RPS doesn't make a flywheel, and the flywheel is from fidanza, so that's one reason for that price, another reason is you're paying 2 shippings instead of 1
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Jeff, the Exedy Twin is far from too noisy, I have had it in both of my evo's and i would reccomend it to anyone with a daily driver. If you have ever driven one you would agree. For a twin the exedy is one of the best street clutch's you can buy. The ACT has a heavier feel than the Twin by far making the twin much easier to drive.

Edit*

Last edited by Nez136; Sep 6, 2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
I'm interested to see how my clutch works out. I got the Clutchmasters stg 4. So far engagement is nice, quick shifts are smooth, and I didn't have to adjust the pedal.
I have heard of the clutchmaster assembly "exploding" after a decent amount of abuse. So a couple companies told me.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
Tends to be higher? How about MUCH higher?

Does anyone know how much an oem flywheel costs?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Nez136
Jeff, the Exedy Twin is far from too noisy, I have had it in both of my evo's and i would reccomend it to anyone with a daily driver. If you have ever driven one you would agree. For a twin the exedy is one of the best street clutch's you can buy. The ACT has a heavier feel than the Twin by far making the twin much easier to drive.

Edit*
I drove Nez's and it didn't really sound any louder than mine. And it's very streetable.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
I have heard of the clutchmaster assembly "exploding" after a decent amount of abuse. So a couple companies told me.
Yea, there's always stories floating around for each company.

I'm giving it a try because I got it for under $500 shipped. (I want to say low 4's even.) At that price, I can go through 3 or 4 of them by the time I'm at the cost of a RPS/Exedy unit.

And to be honest, I'd rather my clutch be the weak point. I'd much rather spend 500$ on another clutch than say a..... tranny..... or differential.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:18 PM

Tends to be higher? How about MUCH higher?

Does anyone know how much an oem flywheel costs?
I think Nez's twin-disc setup was about the same price as my single.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Yea, there's always stories floating around for each company.

I'm giving it a try because I got it for under $500 shipped. (I want to say low 4's even.) At that price, I can go through 3 or 4 of them by the time I'm at the cost of a RPS/Exedy unit.

And to be honest, I'd rather my clutch be the weak point. I'd much rather spend 500$ on another clutch than say a..... tranny..... or differential.
Gottcha, must be a sellout item, i didn't even think they made clutch's anymore for the evo!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

ok ok, the exedy twin it is. like i said, it's going to be a present from the tax return fairy anyways, so i'm in no rush here at all. it's going to be quite a while yet. about 6 damn months
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
ok ok, the exedy twin it is. like i said, it's going to be a present from the tax return fairy anyways, so i'm in no rush here at all. it's going to be quite a while yet. about 6 damn months
I can't wait until the tax return fairy comes around again b/c after i take my money back im going to kick that b|tch in the babymaker!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by mack4477
Yeah, if I go thru my RPS, I think I'm gonna buy the EXEDE also, cause of all the times I take my car thru Chicago. Going thru that traffic with the tilton would suck some major donkey's ball, in the stop and go traffic. But the tilton once it's moving it's freaking awesome.

Unless Yeti, let me train in his car for like a few days first, then that's a different story. hahahahha

Mack, how bout we race the Cad Vs. Da Lude on the 30th...
Old Sep 6, 2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by fcheng118
Yeah, if I go thru my RPS, I think I'm gonna buy the EXEDE also, cause of all the times I take my car thru Chicago. Going thru that traffic with the tilton would suck some major donkey's ball, in the stop and go traffic. But the tilton once it's moving it's freaking awesome.

Unless Yeti, let me train in his car for like a few days first, then that's a different story. hahahahha

Mack, how bout we race the Cad Vs. Da Lude on the 30th...

i will agree the tilton can be a little grabby, but i still like it, when you can launch the car with 5 people in it and still get tire spin i think the clutch is doing it's job quite well

i drove it in chicago traffic this weekend, it wasn't bad but i did get some funny looks when people would hear the goose call everytime i started moving

Last edited by Yeti; Sep 6, 2006 at 02:01 PM.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 02:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Anyone hear of a Red Evo with Black wheels crash big time on Appleton Ave? Someone said they saw one try taking the turn too fast, lost it and was bouncing off the guard rails, and totalled the car.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners