Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
Dammit, I can't find anyone to build my UICP for me. TTP sent me a number for Gato but now I can't find it and I don't see them in the damn phone book. Buschur still hasn't got back to me, Shearer said they wont do it, haven't called AMS yet. Im running out of options here.

I'd like to do the dejon pipe but the lower portion of the UICP would be the restriction then, I need something 2.5" all the way up, or even 3".

i would but i would need the car or your intercooler for a couple of days
Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MidniteEco
My Linksys has QoS. I'm not sure if it has the features you're looking for, but I have been using the port-priority to give my Xbox top priority.
If you read some of the more in-depth stuff online (don't want to go looking for it now) the Linksys QoS isn't really "real" QoS. When hammered with traffic it will just distribute everything like it would normally.

Your best bet to get a real QoS is to run your own hardware firewall...this is what I've been doing for the last year and it's been way better. You'll also get to use all of your internet bandwidth. The Linksys or any commercial home based router has such a tiny amount of ram in it that after a certain/realatively small amount of simultaneous connections it will start to slow down. I noticed when using bittorrent or dl'ing from the news groups my connection was only getting like 500K/s...which is still fast, but I cap out at 620ish with IPCop as my router/firewall.

I run a small PC running IPCop which is a linux distro/install CD all in one. Gives you real QoS through the use of IPTables as well as unlimited port forwarding as well as advanced/detailed security logs. I even got SNORT installed on mine for intrusion detection and was able to trace the turban that tried hacking my site from Turkey.

IPCop is also your DHCP server if you want as well as time server, and all the other standards. It also has graphical logs of all your interfaces (green/red) or internal/external...you can even add a third interface (orange) as a dmz for wireless or something. It's one of the best free pieces of linux software/distro's I run.

Anyway, I'm turning off the nerd now and going to watch some TV.

Last edited by laakness; Sep 7, 2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 08:12 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Mike, Thanks for the explanation. Let us know how things evolve with that.

As far as the tires go thanks to you all for you recommendations.
I think that all seasons would be the way to go and I am considering the ContiExtremeContacts. Out of curiosity what would be the next step up in the dry and wet from these?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

I have Kumho Ecsta all seasons and I like them, much cheaper than Contis
Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

I run the Continentals from Fireball's original recommendation back when I got the car. They've lasted me 2 fall/winters and #3 is coming up. They will have to be replaced after one more run, but for like $600 for the set you can't go wrong.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I had Kumho Ecsta ASX's on my yellow car, I liked them but I think the conti's are worth the extra money.

Ink, if you are looking for a year round tire also look at the Pirelli P-Zero nero. They are a bit more expensive than the conti's, and not quite as good in the snow, but way better in the dry and just as good in the wet. They are quieter too.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by laakness
If you read some of the more in-depth stuff online ...
He did say "low end". Sheesh.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
He did say "low end". Sheesh.
LOL..I missed that...though the IBM slimline pc that runs my firewall only cost me $50 from SWAP in Madison.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ink, I'd reccomend the blizzaks, they're well worth the money when it comes to your evo not sliding into something....like a ditch in amish country cause you have "all-seasons" on.

if I was to do it all over again I would have gotten blizzaks from the start instead of paying for them after I got my ecstas and then paying for un mounting and re mounting of the new tires.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 05:24 AM

The Vredestein Wintrac Extreme is very nice. It is a high-performance, V-rated (149mph) snow tire, but handles quite well on dry pavement and rain as well. I have been very surprised by them and drive them pretty aggressive. I have two winters and an autocross on them right now - the autocross chewed them up a bit and I tend to like to do burnouts with them.
Normal price puts them around $250 a tire, but we're looking for a new distributor. Hopefully we can get full sets for under $700 again.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dryad001
small battery- GM MAF wont fit with the stock battery
I still have that Braille battery for sale. See my posts a number of pages back.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Alright kiddies, Im taking a few hours of not sleeping to get you up close and personal pictures of the damn shuttle launch. Ill have pics up later today.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

fantastic
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:49 AM

hey guys, ok here, I could get you guys some tires now for damn good price.

Ink, I would recommend you these with no problem, price wise and performance wise you wouldn't be dissappointed. I have 2 seasons on it, and the same with nick with an winter autocross event on it, and it's still good, I think I've got couple more seasons to go. So let me know.

And all the events me and nick do over the years in after hour miller park and my parking lots. Their great tires.

Last edited by fcheng118; Sep 8, 2006 at 06:52 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:03 AM

Here's a link for you guys that are comparing some tires around.

http://www.vredestein.com/Banden_Ban...2&BandtypeID=7

Last edited by fcheng118; Sep 8, 2006 at 07:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners