Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Well, If I don't have to work I'll probibly go. I really want the parts installed before I go. When do the morning sessions start?

Happy B-day Nick
Thanks! And what parts are you looking to get installed?
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this the best way to start-up a tivo setup. I have a 800mhz I was hoping to setup as a tivo/media box.
For being completely free (other than your pc hardware) I think it's the best solution. You can do many other things than just watch TV. You can play any video files you want, play music, view pictures, check the weather, play arcade games, look at your netflix queue...it's pretty crazy.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
It's not a matter of proximity to the site... It's more because of the seriousness of the event that it's one fo those things that gets frozen in your memory. Many people have also mentioned the assasination of JFK - you ask anyone that was around during the late 60's and most of them will remember where they were when they heard the news.
I don't think you can deny that it affected everyone in this country, though it certainly affected some a lot more than others.
+1
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:35 AM

It's not a matter of proximity to the site... It's more because of the seriousness of the event that it's one fo those things that gets frozen in your memory. Many people have also mentioned the assasination of JFK - you ask anyone that was around during the late 60's and most of them will remember where they were when they heard the news.
I don't think you can deny that it affected everyone in this country, though it certainly affected some a lot more than others.
Yeah, I was thinking " Fu<k, that PATH train going from World Trade Center to Newark is gonna be back up from there to like Hoboken"...

I was driving from baraboo and my cousin paul call me saying it's crazy, he's seeing WTC falling down from New York Film Academy.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I only had afternoon classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I was outside my parent's house working on a stereo install on my Audi when it happened.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Is this the best way to start-up a tivo setup. I have a 800mhz I was hoping to setup as a tivo/media box.
800mhz is right on the barrier. =/

I was going to set it up, but my tuner cards use the ATI rage chipset
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
I only had afternoon classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I was outside my parent's house working on a stereo install on my Audi when it happened.
I was working on a service truck out at Elsworth Adheasives in Germantown. I called the office and asked if they heard and they hung up on me telling me not to f'around. Little did they know.

Shortly after, Czaben was like "a plane just flew into..."

Crazy stuff.....
Old Sep 11, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
I was working on a service truck out at Elsworth Adheasives in Germantown. I called the office and asked if they heard and they hung up on me telling me not to f'around. Little did they know.

Shortly after, Czaben was like "a plane just flew into..."

Crazy stuff.....
i was delivering for miller at the time. just pulled up behind piggly wiggly in muskego. was listening to bob and brian with czaben on. remember them talking about how clear of a day it was. then the second one hit
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:04 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

I was living on the east side still asleep before one of my classes when my neighbor came over with the news just as it all started. I have friends that lost family in all this mess. God bless New York and us all.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eh I guess I'm just sick of hearing that question.... of course everyone remembers, they have for the past 5 years.

It just seems that people forget the seriousness of what happened and use that question as a diversion to talk about where they were rather than what happened.

Or I'm just *****y and hate today due to the loss of friends.

Sorry guys just venting
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

so anyways.....what about this sh|tty pouring rain...
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

well, i just got the beast (aka the caddy) back from the mechanic. new back passenger brake line, new front pads, and a check of the charging system, and she's ready for another winter. 256k miles and counting
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

+2

I was living & working in downtown Chicago & right after they figured out what happend they closed our building and tried to evacuate as many tall buildings as possible, as they thought Chicago could also be a target.

It was crazy, I never seen so many people so freaked out..... I'll never forget it.

Weeks later, a TON of High rise condos went for sale dirt cheap....

If I would have had any money back then, I would have bought a couple, because they were going for so cheap, but it really showed me what kind of effect it had on people.....

Last edited by Big Boost; Sep 11, 2006 at 05:58 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Powder Coater in WI

Hey - Do any of you guys know a really good powder coating in WI? I have some wheels I need to get re-done.

Yeah, I know it might make them slightly weaker, but these aren't going on a car that I will be racing with.....

Any thoughts?
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Big Boost
Hey - Do any of you guys know a really good powder coating in WI? I have some wheels I need to get re-done.

Yeah, I know it might make them slightly weaker, but these aren't going on a car that I will be racing with.....

Any thoughts?
weaker schmeaker.....

if you find a good place, let me know

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners