Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Check out my tweaked list for the same power, lower out of pocket expense $.

GSC 272/272 $499 (same specs as HKS)
walbro 255 $99
ARP headstuds $99
Fidanza silver gears $205/pair (silver)

FREE SHIPPING

Take $25 off entire order for Milwaukee thread special hookup.
Have all the manufacturing problems with the GSC cams been solved recently? I've seen a rash of posts about chips in the cams, and warped cams. I even had a friend who had a 272 GSC intake cam installed recently which was warped and caused the cam gear to wobble. It was taken out and send back under some "recall". He now has an hks cam. Mike's post makes sense... I'd definitely rather spend the extra $$ if the HKS cams are only $50 more.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, and I'm not a gambling man...at all, so even taking the risk that there is still the possibility of recent bad product...I'll be going HKS.

Scott, your prices are very good. How about the following...

HKS 272/272
Fidanza Cam Gears (red?) - might get a clear cover for the bling
Walbro 255lph
ARP Headstuds

Fireball...what's the cost of a timing belt...or is that something I can get cheaper online?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Wings tonight?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Eh, F it, I'm going to skip the gears and save some money. I did a reality check and for my needs/wants I won't be adjusting them much...if ever.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good Morning!

Ahhhh wish I could go get some wings tonight as well.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
What made you go with a 272/264 combo?
I would have gone straigh 272's but I got that combo used from a member on here for $275 shipped
Old Sep 20, 2006, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silk
I would have gone straigh 272's but I got that combo used from a member on here for $275 shipped
Nice work. I was goign to look used too but right now...since this is my last big upgrade for at least a year I'm going for the gusto and getting all new. It's also just a preference of mine.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Morning fochers!!
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:04 AM

And again, everyone here is a friend and I don't mean disrespect, but no one in town can hold a candle to Martin's *** as far as tuning goes...and they know it.
EcuFlash, AEM: sure. UTEC - not a chance. I think dryad (though he's not here anymore) would run circles around Martin with a UTEC, but I think the opposite would be the case with an AEM. ECUFlash - I dunno.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
EcuFlash, AEM: sure. UTEC - not a chance. I think dryad (though he's not here anymore) would run circles around Martin with a UTEC, but I think the opposite would be the case with an AEM. ECUFlash - I dunno.
Yes, sorry I didn't specify I was referring to just my setup which is just ECUFlash/stock ECU.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:34 AM

I'm not knocking Nick an all by not having him do this. He did my clutch and did and excellent job and I would have him do it again with many other parts, but a cam install by a professional that does it every day as well as having Martin tune my car gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling inside as far as garauntee goes. Plus, AMS install price was only a small amount more.

And again, everyone here is a friend and I don't mean disrespect, but no one in town can hold a candle to Martin's *** as far as tuning goes...and they know it.

I don't think anyone said you should have one of us tune your car. I think Scott was just trying to save you some money, by giving you a better price on the parts and having one of us install them for you. Then you can just let AMS tune it for you, we would be able to check your tune to make sure you will be safe for the drive there, but i don't see that causing a problem. But at the end of the day you have to do what makes you comfortable, if you want the cams installed here i am sure something can be worked out, otherwise take it down to AMS. But either way let me know when you are going down there, I want to get some dyno numbers for my car.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yeti
I don't think anyone said you should have one of us tune your car. I think Scott was just trying to save you some money, by giving you a better price on the parts and having one of us install them for you. Then you can just let AMS tune it for you, we would be able to check your tune to make sure you will be safe for the drive there, but i don't see that causing a problem. But at the end of the day you have to do what makes you comfortable, if you want the cams installed here i am sure something can be worked out, otherwise take it down to AMS. But either way let me know when you are going down there, I want to get some dyno numbers for my car.
Thanks Jason. I will let you know. I'm going to call AMS later today and find out when I can get in...hopefully soon.

I would like to buy all the parts from Scott as well. I just wnat to make sure he can get the HKS cams at a decent price.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:39 AM

Thanks Jason. I will let you know. I'm going to call AMS later today and find out when I can get in...hopefully soon.

I would like to buy all the parts from Scott as well. I just wnat to make sure he can get the HKS cams at a decent price.

plus just think with all the money for could save you might be able to sneak in the purchase of a wideband
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Silk, what'd you do for a tune on your new setup?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Speaking of cams, I know when you install JUN cams you have to change out the springs and retainers, is this something that can be done with the head on, or does it require the head off to change the valve springs?

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners