Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ink
How much boost over stock should you run in order to use the Tial?

The Tial is more for race applications. I had one on my car when I was running the maftpro and the drivability is a little worse since the valve is very touchy. There only 3 spring rates avaliable depending on your set up. Most people who are keeping the MAF need to use the 9lb, the 11lb is too heavy for the stock turbo and it will cause it to surge badly. I ran the 7lb but during idle and cruise the valve remained open it didnt matter in my case since I didnt have a MAF to begin with. All in all I really like the Tial valve it held an insane amount of boost and never leaked unlike 2-3 stockers I went through and now my JDM MR valve is beginning to leak above 27psi, anything below that it works perfectly.

If I had to do it all over again I would have kept my old APS valve and just tightened it up a bit to hold the boost of the larger turbo. But knowing me I can't keep the same set-up for too long. I have changed the car so many times with intakes, exhaust (current one will be up for sale in about a month), turbos, engine management, widebands, etc. So if you ever want an honest opinion of products Ill do my best to explain my experiance with them. I have also seen how other combinations work especially in Pete's car and his is able to make a bunch of power. But the way I left it was on the very conservative side. Now that I've learned quite a bt more Im sure I could get 20-30 more hp out of it.

On the other hand I spoke with Slappy the other day for about 3 hours catching up on the last 3 months. He is currently in Gunderson, CO and got a job with an outfitter there and he's going to be there until his woman finishes up her last year of college, then I believe he's moving up to Alaska to become some type of great white hunter.

For everyone thinking about coming down here during x-mas you might want to think of staying up there. Im not sure if Ill be in town during that time since it's prime Elk season near slappys house. It's been a long time since I had to crack open the arsenal and go kill an innocent animal.

For thsoe of you who care, hunting is ****ty here. Theres no big game, the deer that are down here are about the size of small poodles, wild boar isn't appealing to me and I can kill a turkey back home within a few blocks of my old house. The gun ranges here also suck, theres no long distance ranges. I think the longest I found was 50 yards, I need something from 500 yards and longer. Theres a lot of pistol (boring) ranges here though.

Ill get in touch with the people that were coming down here for sure during x-mas via PM within the next few days.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So apparently my car isn't running lean(according to Rob @ RRM/RRE). I find it funny, what else could it be when you are driving along and your car hesitates every 30secs or so at lower trottle. He even said it's not possible to run lean with that PB and that it must be the installation because the PB adjusts itself for the mods you have. I soldered the wires and even went over the installation again and he still had the nerve to call it a bad install....but what do I know.

He is letting me send it back to look at it but I just want a refund so I can move on to something else.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

If the car runs too rich you will also get a hesitation. More or less sounds like cylinder wash to me.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:26 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Hello and thanks for the explination Mikey.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

I have a buddy selling a few parts, Anyone interested in:

Dc sports downpipe with bung for wideband 02

Jgt 500 catback (bought from midnite tuning)

Slowboy racing fmic

K&N typhoon intake

Hks ssqv bov

RSR turboback for dirt cheap in perfect condition

Text me if your interested, if you don't have my number then PM me
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

No problem, I try
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

That could be it also, the car is a hell of alot slower before mivec kicks in..which is where the car will hesitate.

I had a SES light friday and had to reset the ECU to drive it home. I took out the PB over the weekend. Hopefully I can trade it for some suspension parts.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

You know rez, the Ecuflash will work on the RA's. Might want to get a hold of someone with a cable and have them ride along with you and change some things around.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Well Im cruising for a new avatar and found some pretty intresting animated .gifs out there.

if there was a way to make this smaller this would be my next one:

This one is pretty cool:
Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:05 PM

that's pretty funny...
Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

http://sports.aol.com/news/articles/...24193609990001
Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:10 PM

Pretty crazy, good to hear she's alright.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

So remember when I posted about that guy that came in with his girl to get the evo/sti combo well, Turned out that its not going down so I didn't miss out thank god haha.

Anyone down to go to culvers tonight on hwy? I figure one last nice night to go be ricers
Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Just sayin hi to ya folks! It's been killer at work since firing a manager and now i am needed in 2 stores!

I see we have a new name for the milwaukee chat.. lol Pretty nice of bolsen to change it

Hope everyone is still getting along.. I hope to make it out once i have some extra time haha... whenever that is haha. Nick is now my part time employee as of today. He is now my biotch... lol... jk nick.. Things will work out great. I need all the help i can get right now..

Anyways.. hope to meet up sooner than later... peace to all my evo buddies
Old Sep 26, 2006, 04:06 PM

----------ATTENTION---------------

I'm asking if anyone locally has a 5pt. racing harness that I could borrow sunday for a photoshoot. Now guys as long as someone lets me borrow this I'm very positive you will all ENJOY the pics once I get them back from the photographer.

Oh and preferably a recaro or corbeau ect. harness. this is only going to be used as a prop for the model. Let me know so get back to me call me on my cell or pm me or email me junkgsx@gmail.com

THANKS!

~tony

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners