Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
honni offers you his protection!!!!!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Adam should be there with some of the cars he has done, I was supposed to tell you about it

haha well thanks for the heads up hopefully ill have a car for that show...i got some purrdy nifty lights....and whatever car i have is better than a scion
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man thats gotta be torture, what are you driving in the mean time? Haha..I'm not a fan of scions at all.

I saw your ride when I got an oil change acouple weeks ago. Do you have any pics of your interior?

Originally Posted by Honni414
haha well thanks for the heads up hopefully ill have a car for that show...i got some purrdy nifty lights....and whatever car i have is better than a scion
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

I got a mesh replacement grille and SRI comming in the mail next week, I can finally put in my linkage bushings while I have the intake off.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I like Scions. I want an xB as a daily driver, cheap, ugly but in a kinda cool way and a good sized interior perfect for hauling wheels and tires around. I actually test drove one last night, it was fine for what I want it for.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Is the shifting/clutch anything like the celicas'? I didn't like driving my friends at all. Those xB would be a good way to stand out for advertising a business.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
Mornin!

Suprised you guys haven't more jumped on the bandwagon for the Oct 22nd cruise to Normal...
I am thinking about doing this. Probably won't do the overnight thing, but maybe try and meet up with you guys in the morning.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Is the shifting/clutch anything like the celicas'? I didn't like driving my friends at all. Those xB would be a good way to stand out for advertising a business.
The two places I went to didn't have a 5spd in for test driving so I just drove an auto. I'm not looking for a fun car I have the Evo for that, just something cheap to put 4,000 miles/month on. If I do pull the trigger (and I'm pretty close) it would be subject to test driving the 5spd.

I have yet to find a comparable new car for less than $15k new.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by the-moss
I am thinking about doing this. Probably won't do the overnight thing, but maybe try and meet up with you guys in the morning.
I have the same plan, including the thinking part. There's something else I might have planned, but it would be cool to get back to Normal
Old Sep 21, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xynon
I have the same plan, including the thinking part. There's something else I might have planned, but it would be cool to get back to Normal
I think you could really do with getting back to normal!!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Could you get something better used? I'm sure exactly what you are looking for though, a car with alot of room. I hear ya though, I need something with alot more interior room and a roof rack to lug stuff around.

The two places I went to didn't have a 5spd in for test driving so I just drove an auto. I'm not looking for a fun car I have the Evo for that, just something cheap to put 4,000 miles/month on. If I do pull the trigger (and I'm pretty close) it would be subject to test driving the 5spd.

I have yet to find a comparable new car for less than $15k new.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 03:07 PM

I think you could really do with getting back to normal!!
Holy **** - in more ways than one... that's for sure
Old Sep 21, 2005, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

I was looking at certified civic's too. I found a 2001 EX with 47k miles for $12,800. It doesn't have the same hauling capabilities and is a 5 yr old car. The Scion felt better than the civic on the freeway too, quiter nicer ride (even with the bling bling wheels and low profile tires that the dealer had on it).

An old Volvo wagon would be cool, or anything like that. But if the SOB breaks then I would have to fix it, and to be honest I haven't seen anything for around the same money new or used that I like as much as the Scion. The other option is to just buy a $1000 civic that I can afford to replace twice a year for less than Scion payments. If it lasts 1 year then I win, if I have to throw it away after 6 months then I didn't lose anything, but if it lasts 2 years then I win BIG.

I think I need to buy the gf a mini before I can buy another new car though
Old Sep 21, 2005, 03:42 PM

I hear Elise's are nice...
Old Sep 21, 2005, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, my gf wants a mini too. Well accually she was in love with the thing and accually drove it and wasnt impressed...figures.

That sounds like a good way to do it. I need a winter beater, I did a number on my car last year. I'm not a fan of those civics, text drove acouple and they didn't seem as solid as other cars, I don't want to start a debate though, I only drove 2 (96')
Is that company in your sign yours?
Maybe you could sticify it like the buses around town with your logo, lol. I thought about doing it just because I know a guy that works at the company that does some of it...cheap advertising.

I was looking at certified civic's too. I found a 2001 EX with 47k miles for $12,800. It doesn't have the same hauling capabilities and is a 5 yr old car. The Scion felt better than the civic on the freeway too, quiter nicer ride (even with the bling bling wheels and low profile tires that the dealer had on it).

An old Volvo wagon would be cool, or anything like that. But if the SOB breaks then I would have to fix it, and to be honest I haven't seen anything for around the same money new or used that I like as much as the Scion. The other option is to just buy a $1000 civic that I can afford to replace twice a year for less than Scion payments. If it lasts 1 year then I win, if I have to throw it away after 6 months then I didn't lose anything, but if it lasts 2 years then I win BIG.

I think I need to buy the gf a mini before I can buy another new car though

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners