Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2005, 06:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Honni414
nothing...my girlfriend drives me around in her sunfire and i dont have any pics of my interior....i did but idk where they went...u shoulda just been like "yeh thats my friends car, can i look"

If you would have come found me, I could have showed it to you.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 06:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by the-moss
OK, so in a couple of weeks I'm going to tackle the timing belt and waterpump in my car. Has anyone replaced these before? Any words of wisdom? Any "must have" tools that a fairly well equipped garage wouldn't normally have? Any other parts in there that I should replace while I've got it apart? (Unfortunately cams and gears aren't an option at this point).

I know I need the timing belt tensioner tool thingy, do any of the guys that have done cams have one of these that they wouldn't mind lending/selling/renting to a guy?

Lastly is anyone up for a trip to the boonies to help or offer moral support while I Git R Dun!!?

I just did one on my silver car... not fun. It's a very tricky process. You'll definitely need a high powered impact gun too to get some of the bolts off. You need to completely take out the motor mount on the passenger side as well, and jack the motor up and down to remove some belts/pulleys.

Make sure that you have a friend there to help you. There's a LOT of lining things back up when you put it back together and having an extra set of hands/eyes really helps.

DONT pull the pin on the tensioner till you are ABSOLUTELY sure it's in correctly, or it's shot.

IF you can find a cam gear holding tool, get it. The one they use for other cars, or DSM's, doesn't work on the Evo's. Otherwise, you need to have someone hold the cam gears in place with sockets... and it isn't fun!

Not sure what else I can think of right now...
Old Sep 22, 2005, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes dont remove the pin, I had the same type tensioner on my 300zx znd didn't know what the hold back bolt did, so after 2 new tensioners the belt was on.

Well I have to go to a meeting today. Boooooo.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
[vent] You know... I don't wanna sound like a *****... but one thing I hate about these forums is that people get more excited about exhaust, intakes and BOV's than anything else. Unless you're a vendor, big projects go overseen.

It's nice because you guys at least acknowledge the proects. Furthermore you guys give advice. The rest of this damn forum have no idea what the hell is going on. So many daddies boys... makes me sick. It's nice to have conversation other than cams and such. People willing to try new things and challenge ideas is what I'm interested in. Sheep...GRRRRRR. Time for a new sig file...[/vent]

On a plus note, how bout the brew crew tonight. Great game , expensive beer

If you look at some of the posts in turbo/drivetrain and in general ot's like 90% of people on here are morons, they post a thread and not read the others, duh.

I try to give advise on maybe a different approach or why it was done that way. I know some things are out of the norm with your car but hey, its yours and I like being different. Thats why I'm building my 2.4 instead of going 2.3.

Shoot late for the meeting.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Brewers win last night??
Old Sep 22, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Hey mike, since its been hot out for the last couple of days i thought i would crank my boost and beat on my car to see if the "Overboost Conditions" code would come on... nothing.....must be a spike in the MAF reading when it gets really cold....i can't wait to get a BlowThrough set up....stock MAF licks my *******
Old Sep 22, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Just started looking at this thread, what big projects have you done recently that went overseen, or that other people have done and been overseen?

Originally Posted by bolsen
[vent] You know... I don't wanna sound like a *****... but one thing I hate about these forums is that people get more excited about exhaust, intakes and BOV's than anything else. Unless you're a vendor, big projects go overseen.

It's nice because you guys at least acknowledge the proects. Furthermore you guys give advice. The rest of this damn forum have no idea what the hell is going on. So many daddies boys... makes me sick. It's nice to have conversation other than cams and such. People willing to try new things and challenge ideas is what I'm interested in. Sheep...GRRRRRR. Time for a new sig file...[/vent]

On a plus note, how bout the brew crew tonight. Great game , expensive beer
Old Sep 22, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Lol, now I know that for next time I come in. I'm due for an oil change in a week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honni414
nothing...my girlfriend drives me around in her sunfire and i dont have any pics of my interior....i did but idk where they went...u shoulda just been like "yeh thats my friends car, can i look"

If you would have come found me, I could have showed it to you. ]
Old Sep 22, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Another quick (and possibly seemingly stupid) question. Does anyone know for sure if the timing belt and waterpump are the same on our cars as on the cars sold in California?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Brewers win last night??

I think so. Hey I have 2 tickets for tomorrow nights game if you want to go. My company is holding a small get-together, free food and beer.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
I think so. Hey I have 2 tickets for tomorrow nights game if you want to go. My company is holding a small get-together, free food and beer.
!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 22, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

You know you want to go, or else theirs always my neighbor.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Brewers win last night??
Yup. Lost the lead at the top of the 9th... but came back and scored a run!
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

ok mike....i'll go!! i hate driving up north anyway!!!
Old Sep 22, 2005, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

I'll find out the details tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners