Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Comparing Mike's slow spooling FP3065 to your car is a poor comparison + Mike is a ****ty drag racer. (Sorry Mike)

Ahh well, practice makes perfect, right? Plus I have a good time doing it. i don't expect to be at the level of John Force anytime soon.

I don't think the turbo is that slow of a spool, it is what it is. It's a 30r that is capable of flowing 65lb/min, thats quite a bit of air for that turbo size. Plus it keeps pulling the entire pull with no frop off n power like the 16g did.

Thanks again Ink for quite possibly looking after my mom just in case.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:35 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laakness
Silk. I'm not banging on Scott's tune because he's proven himself with the Florida guys, but there is no way in hell I would pay $300 for a tune that isn't verified on a Dyno. I also wouldn't pay $300 for a tune where you would have to do the bulk of the legwork.

You can't get around the fact that numbers are numbers and an *** dyno is pretty useless.

Oh, and if we want to start the drama by asking inquisitive questions only to push your own product against the number one shop in the US...why don't you ask Jestr about his E-flash. I had an awesome tune that he updated 4 times based on my logs with a wideband and my *** dyno was off the charts. You should totally go on that data alone

Imagine what you could do with the 450 extra dollars!!! That's a lot of strippers
My RemotEflashes many times are backed up on the dyno afterwards, some even complete them while on the dyno. I am tuning the Evom project car ON THE DYNO live via the Dynocam so fat wallet fellas like yourself that ride on the #1 bandwagon can see for yourself that what I do works and don't have to rely on driving a few hours just to claim "XXX" tuned my car as if somehow it resembles the 8 second shopcar afterwards. Martin is a great guy and a good friend, but there is there are other viable options available for less $ than what's available in your small world Mike, and best thing is they work.

Fact of the matter is Yeti is available to log the cars and provide the data back to us for review and if an appointment is set, we can complete multiple flashes quickly within a single sitting.

I don't care if you got a Jestr Eflash up front. Jestr and I used to both flash together and hold events together. So if you had an eflash, I would say thank you for your business.

If you think our flashes are limited to FL alone, you are well mistaken as we have custom remoteEflashed Evos from Hawaii, to Puerto Rico, Dominica, 5 just in Milwaukee, Southeast, you name it we've done it.

I am sorry you only received 4 updates. Our RemotEflash includes up to 25 flashes or until deemed fully tuned, whichever comes first.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:47 AM
Account Disabled

Comparing Mike's slow spooling FP3065 to your car is a poor comparison + Mike is a ****ty drag racer. (Sorry Mike)
Are you telling me that my stock turbo'd 2003 with no launch control was a better car than Mikey's 3065, expertly tuned, 15psi at launch machine?
Yes, your turbo hits 23psi from 8psi in a split second while Mike's takes its time make the same increase in psi.

The same 30psi on your stock turbo + meth would break the tires loose while the 3065 is spooling up.

The ACT is probably the worst clutch for drag application besides the exedy carbons. Street disc units are heavy and experience high RPM lockouts, make you grind gears and wear out your syncros.
Can't argue with you there on what is the best or worst drag clutch, all I can say is that I never experienced any of this lockout with my ACT/Fidanza combo.
You must not be high rpm shifting it as required in drag racing. No one is immune to the lockout from myself to Warrtalon to you.

Furthermore Fidanza is junk. Its about $369 and the only benefit is the "replaceable center section" which takes about 3-4 weeks to get that piece from Fidanza. Once I received my first set from backorder, the heat cycled screws that hold it on fused to the flywheel and required the unit to be sent back to Fidanza so that they could replace the center section with custom tooling.
If I had to spend $800 replacing the whole thing every 50k miles, that's not a big deal for me I guess..
I only wish everyone was able to do this. You should not have to however, which is the point. Getting the experience from those who have gotten screwed by Fidanza and believed in their perceived value only to find out it was more work than worth is helpful in the decision making process IMO. Even turning the flywheel and leaving it stock is a viable solution. The stock Evo flywheel is what we used to pay RRE to lighten 10 years ago on the DSMs. You don't have to anymore as the factory is nice enough to back-cut it for you.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

OK people, now that we all know that Im a ****ty racer can that be dropped out of the babble.

Jestr and I used to both flash together and hold events together. So if you had an eflash, I would say thank you for your business
I wish this would happen again, it was a good time. Put your differences aside and drop the egos for a day.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I would shift at 7,000-7,500 rpm.

Paying $800 every 50,000 miles (assuming it actually wore out after 50k miles, I don't know, all I know is that it was still going strong after 40k) means for me having paid $1600 in clutches by the time the car has 130,000 miles on it. How much is a tilton?

I still don't think that my stock turbo, stock cammed, non-launch controlled 2003 Evo launching from 0psi was a better launching car than Mikey's 3065, meth injected (correct?), launch controlled, LSD equipped car launching from the 15psi he claims given the same clutch and same driver. I would agree that my 2003 would probably have better roll on response, but not faster from a hard launch with Mikey's turbo spooling before the launch and mine not. But I have no proof to back this up, and I guess neither do you. So let's drop this point as it will just get into an 'is too, is not' discussion.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So are we meeting up at the one in New Berlin right away? i need a
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

a little testy in here! How bout we try this.. smack your buddy on the *** and say... "good job today" and call it quits! LOL!

Everyone is going to have opinions in here.. lets try not to slam anyone... Happy HUMP DAY PPLS!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by maverick92482
So are we meeting up at the one in New Berlin right away? i need a
That's the plan... but we are doing some work on 4rcd6's car before that so Pete and/or I might be late to BW3's.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

we can do nascar style if we get enough ppl there LOL. One person per wheel, someone put on the bov while Nick hooks up my timer lol. Half hour complete! Then
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

I was at BW's last night. The one here is small as hell One good get together and that place would be packed. Although sitting outside is nice, thank god last night was perfect weather. It almost got a little dangerous sitting there, kicking back eating drinking, uno mas? Then on the way home I missed the damn exit....

Forgot about the Heineken girls, they were pretty good looking, enough to make a wife for the night, and quite a few other females there. Not too bad of a place, might make it back tonight to watch the game.

JUNK- who's picking you up from the airport tomorrow? I should be home all day so if ******** isnt home gimme a ring, I can let you in.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

And about this whole drag racing thing. It was my first time on the track in over 3 months, gimme a break. It took me 3 tries going out to the track to run my previous best. So an 11.96 isn't to shabby in my book, especially after 2 fubared runs. PLus it was the first real time I had to re-teach myself launching a tilton. And yes I still do drive a bit on the slow side, or conservative. Could I make a non true excuse? Sure, but I wont, these are all stating facts. Trust me Ill keep the car the same and just get better and hopefully faster with time.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:51 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Ahh well, practice makes perfect, right? Plus I have a good time doing it. i don't expect to be at the level of John Force anytime soon.

I don't think the turbo is that slow of a spool, it is what it is. It's a 30r that is capable of flowing 65lb/min, thats quite a bit of air for that turbo size. Plus it keeps pulling the entire pull with no frop off n power like the 16g did.

Thanks again Ink for quite possibly looking after my mom just in case.

No problem
Old Oct 18, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Morning all,

Im not going to beat around the bush here, you guys are really comparing apples to oranges with this whole tunning battle. There is NO way you can compare a eflash tune to a custom tune on the dyno, end of story. Given if Jestr was close i would probably try him out just off of what i've heard about his great tunning abilities. The point is that EVERY car is different, so a dyno proven tune on a car in florida could be crap (figuratively speaking) on a car up here. There is know way to know for sure unless you can get consistent pulls while reading your numbers and AFR's. Now with the fact that you log and email back and so forth, well it seems that you are doing the bulk of the work as mike said. When you go down to AMS you pay for a custom tune on your car with the tuner THERE in your car, they will work on it until the car is done.

Im not putting Jestr or Scott down by any means, if you want a really good tune and save some money then yes you can do your pulls and email them out and tune your car that way. If you want to spend the extra money, give the car up for a couple hours, get some hardcore numbers with the tuner there, and just be done with it, then spend on the custom tune. But all of you guys can finally put it to rest, your completly out of your league to say that a eflash is better than a custom dyno tune. If you guys want to believe whats hundreds of miles away, than good for you, but dont try to put down AMS for doing good local business.

Silk, im saying do what you want, but there is NO way that a Eflash is better than a tune thats looked over and over by a tuner on the dyno.

Rez, my roomate up stairs is selling his HKS with flange for a WRX if your interested
Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:38 AM

I would totally dissagree with that. I was down at ams with Martin tuning my car with the UTEC. And on the dyno it runs awesome, no knocks on the UTEC and everything is dandy. But then as soon as I came out of the exit on and getting on the throttle I see shltload of knocks.

I believe in the road tuning, cause that's where my car runs all the times, not in a comfortable heated garaged that feels like you're in florida but you're actually driving it in Wisconsin.

As for the AFRs, it's right on the money, 11.3s so I think that's pretty damn good, with no kncoks. And the service is nice, let see anyone of you guys gets a reply from marting 12am in the middle of the night. Shlt, service sucks there unless your planning to spend a few grands there. I had an appointment for 10am and didn't get my car in the shop till 12:30, what the hell is the point of having a appointment then??????

Last edited by fcheng118; Oct 18, 2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:44 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Nez136
. The point is that EVERY car is different, so a dyno proven tune on a car in florida could be crap (figuratively speaking) on a car up here.
The problem with your statements is that this is a custom tune, not an catalog flash that we are speaking of.

The logs come from YOUR car in YOUR climate and weather. It has nothing to do with the location of the tuner.

There is know way to know for sure unless you can get consistent pulls while reading your numbers and AFR's.
This is what Jason has been doing for about 5 of the guys in this very thread. He sends me the zeitronix and evoscan logs, I analyze them, make adjustments BASED ON THE EXACT CAR being tuned and send back the new map. This process repeats until the car is fully tuned on AFR, Ignition Timing, and knocksums.

Now with the fact that you log and email back and so forth, well it seems that you are doing the bulk of the work as mike said.
#1- you don't need to buy a wideband
#2- you don't need a laptop
#3- you don't need to buy evoscan
#4- you don't need to do anything besides make a few pulls while Jason logs the car.

If you guys want to believe whats hundreds of miles away, than good for you, but dont try to put down AMS for doing good local business.
No one is putting down AMS. All that was stated is that there is a broader horizon of tuning programs available and at different pricing points. From $50 eflashes to $650 EcuTeK flashes + dynotime.

The RemotEflash is just one of the programs available at a price point that is more than fair for what you receive in return.

I don't think there is anyone in this thread that has gotten flashed by us that is less than pleased with the results.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners