Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd, the same thing happened to a girl I work with...only it was a pain in the *** to get the dealer to fix it.

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Sorry to hear that you might have to sell the vo. I would be interested in your trunk setup for my RR, if it werent for my damn trunk that leaks everytime it rains or is washed! Something with the seal on the drivers-side allows about a gallon of water into my trunk. If i can fix the seal, then i may be interested. Could you PM me the price of the system and what it includes? (subs, amp, capacitor, wiring?)
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Hopefully more that 18,500k

Originally Posted by fcheng118
So how much are you selling your evo for?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Just preordered Halo3
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Nice Nez...

I wanna pick that up up soon from your friend if possible.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

So laak, you were saying an ecuflash would be just as good as the Cobb AccessPort?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by r3z0nate
So laak, you were saying an ecuflash would be just as good as the Cobb AccessPort?

Here's my take on the AP. I think it would compliment the Ecuflash perfectly. Since you can load a map in secnds without reflashing the ECU. Mine has been flashed in certain spots maybe 60-70 times. I am probably going to get it just for the logging features and it would be great for drag racing since the logging capabilities are much better than evoscan and MJ's logger. Plus I like the idea of having a new toy in the car to play with, keeps my mind off of driving. Will see what the response is once its released.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Nice Nez...

I wanna pick that up up soon from your friend if possible.
You let me know!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

sup guys!!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
Here's my take on the AP. I think it would compliment the Ecuflash perfectly. Since you can load a map in secnds without reflashing the ECU. Mine has been flashed in certain spots maybe 60-70 times. I am probably going to get it just for the logging features and it would be great for drag racing since the logging capabilities are much better than evoscan and MJ's logger. Plus I like the idea of having a new toy in the car to play with, keeps my mind off of driving. Will see what the response is once its released.
But doesn't the AP lock the ECU much like ECUTek does? Is this lock undoable by Scott like he says the ECUTek lock is?

The way I understood it (at least for the WRX implementation) was that it flashed the base map to the ECU, then stored the realtime map in some memory that was persisted as long as the ECU had power to it. If this is the case for the Evo then flashing the Base map would overwrite any ECUFlash created map in the ECU meaning you could only run one or the other.

Now, I have read very little about the AP since I sold mine with my WRX back in 2004, so if the way it works has either changed or the Evo implementation is conceptually different what i have said may not be true.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Ok the 600 mile is upon us, can I please open this biatch up yet?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't really looked into management other than the cobb, since it is pretty much has be recommended by every WRX owner I've talked to.

I was under the impression you could tap into it and select maps on the fly, and you could do it as many times as you wanted. I didn't know it needed anything else/it paired with anything else.

Originally Posted by dryad001
Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the-moss
But doesn't the AP lock the ECU much like ECUTek does? Is this lock undoable by Scott like he says the ECUTek lock is?

The way I understood it (at least for the WRX implementation) was that it flashed the base map to the ECU, then stored the realtime map in some memory that was persisted as long as the ECU had power to it. If this is the case for the Evo then flashing the Base map would overwrite any ECUFlash created map in the ECU meaning you could only run one or the other.

Now, I have read very little about the AP since I sold mine with my WRX back in 2004, so if the way it works has either changed or the Evo implementation is conceptually different what i have said may not be true.
Right, from the threads on OpenECU I thought it locked the ECU as well...but I'm not an expert on it.

Also, just to credit is given where credit is due...MalibuJack wrote the ECU Unlocker program and that seems to be what everyone uses. Scott may be using something else that is an insider thing but I only know of MJ's unlocker.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

I guess anytime this weekend would be good except tomorrow evening.

Originally Posted by Nez136
You let me know!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I haven't really looked into management other than the cobb, since it is pretty much has be recommended by every WRX owner I've talked to.

I was under the impression you could tap into it and select maps on the fly, and you could do it as many times as you wanted. I didn't know it needed anything else/it paired with anything else.
That's exactly right. The AP is all you need to load and switch between Cobb maps.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
Ok the 600 mile is upon us, can I please open this biatch up yet?
I'd wait, but then I denied myself for the first 3k miles Did you finish the S10 yet?

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners