Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't someone on here selling that?

Originally Posted by monies41
went to get a oil change in the falls and i saw a 9 mr with some ams goodies. It had a locked up tranny and transfer case, so they told me. Some rich dad bought it for his son and is gonna be down 6 grand or so for repairs. Some people will never learn! LOL

16 year old + Evo = me being a hater but also a f'd up evo!!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

not sure but if they are i wouldnt buy it. Just wondering i guess it had like 9k miles on it and looked to have the stock turbo still on it, or a comparable turbo, why the trans locked up. I am guessing he had a ****ty clutch install. any other thoughts? bad driving, just kinda worried me cause i have the 6 speed too but I have had 19000 miles with no problem but i am on the stock clutch still. Any insight on why it would have locked up?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Well..I finally sold off the ecu, shifter, bushings, grille and pulley.

Not much left now, just my diamond audio components and speaker spacers, perrin antenna, tie bar and SRI
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:23 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Honni414
well im back from california... monte i have noooo clue why you moved, nothing would have made me move here from there!

and out there evos are rare from what i seen i mean 5 ferraris in 3 minutes, 2 ford GT's in half an hour, 903929329434 porsches, 12 elises, 1 evo

im planning on going back in january cause i liked it soo much and NY will still be cold as *****.
Honni I agree that Cali-LA is a nice place. I love the Ocean. There is a lot to do and the weather is beautiful. Some of the drawbacks that you will probably not see on a visit though are that alot of the people are very flaky and have the attitude of--what can you do for me. Very discouraging when you come from a place where people in general are more genuine and up front--for the most part. Another drawback is that alot of things are very far apart and the commute becomes a part of life. Here its not far for what or wherever you are looking for-going. Last but not least on the short list is the air. You dont notice it as much until you drive out of LA and go north. Your lungs will clear and you can breath again and on the return trip your eyes will water. Its kind of like standing behind a buss all day. There was a comparison done where it was figured out that living in LA is like smoking ___ cigarettes a day. I forget the number. Now all of these things seem like something that dont matter all that much but when you live with those 3 changes they add up more than you think. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying I dont like Cali because I do like Cali. I am just saying that sometimes it can be hard to see the downfalls on a quick visit.
P.S. Good luck with mods out there The cops are hard on that!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I've been thinking on how to lenghten the tilton life. Now Im not saying it's a bad clutch, but I just want the most for my money and not have to pull the tranny again this year, especially without a lift.

So I have been seriously looking into the Fluid Damper crank pully. These have been around since before I have and in all of the domestic cars I have built over the years these have been used. They are finally avaliable for the Evo application, thankfully. So with all of you out there modified or stock this is a worth while investment to save the crank bearings, and quite possibly the tilton/exedy clutch discs. If you all remember from the tilton install that the input shaft of the transmission doesnt have a pilot bearing into the back of the crank. I think this is what has been wearing out the splines so quickly in the earlier versions of the tilton. I know that tilton did revise the rockwell hardness of the material in the center of the disc hub which is great. Clutch problem resolved.

Now onto the crank bearings. For the ones that drag race or auto-x with holding high load and high rpms. This will save your bearings in the long run. Here is a little general info on how the Fluid Damper works:
http://www.fluidampr.com/HOWITWORKS.htm

And who is bring yet another kick @ss product review to WI? Well me of course. Who is supplying the parts? TTP like usual.

Im sure Scott will jump on here with pricing info and delivery times. But whoever wants to jump on the bandwagin with me the more we get the cheaper it will be. I plan on getting one ASAP. So count me in.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 01:09 PM

Engine Dampers

Ok, here is the engine damper that I can get you forkers. It's in my car and I tested it out with Yeti thru Chicago Loop yesterday, and it's working.

So if anyone wants them, let me know or PM me. I need to order at least 5 of them
Old Nov 6, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Thats not the same thing im talking aboput Pete.

This is a crank pully replacement not an anti-engine shaker.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by dryad001
Thats not the same thing im talking aboput Pete.

This is a crank pully replacement not an anti-engine shaker.
I know, I got a different item here and see if anyone is interested in.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 01:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

went to get a oil change in the falls and i saw a 9 mr with some ams goodies. It had a locked up tranny and transfer case, so they told me. Some rich dad bought it for his son and is gonna be down 6 grand or so for repairs. Some people will never learn! LOL

Ahh, so just like the one we have torn apart in OUR shop... eh? Seems to be a lot of that going around.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fcheng118
I know, I got a different item here and see if anyone is interested in.

Gotcha, didnt know if my long boring over informative post made you fall asleep.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

So my LC1 wideband went crazy yesterday after doing a logging run. It read fine all the way through the run and then after I disconnected the serial cable it went wacky. The % light is lit up on the XD1 instead of A/F and it's reading like 1's, 2's,and 3's then it'll go off the gauge to +20 and display just "o2". I'm going to try and recalibrate it before I leave work.

Any ideas here? Can the sensor get dirty/clogged if some soot flaked off the inside of the downpipe and onto the sensor holes?

Last edited by laakness; Nov 6, 2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, problem fixed.

Called Innovate and you aren't supposed to unhook any serial devices while the device is on. I just have to hook my laptop up to in and change the setting back to Gasoline. Turns out when you just disconnect it can mess up your settings.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

How exactly does a guy send web development examples, seems kind of hard when your work runs off databases and is on an intranet.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Steal the code ...j/k
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

I know how to keep from fu<king up my tranny

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners