Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by laakness
It took them 2-3 hours when I went, which day are you going...Tuesday?
That is correct
Old Nov 17, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let us know how it goes at the dyno. Should be some real good numbers with it being so cool up there.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Okay with all this talk of the playstation 3........ I have to ask..... what gaming system is the best bang for the buck these days? Is it a PC? I know nothing about playstations and **** like that. I've only played PC games. I'm now looking for gaming system or new pc to occupy time this winter. Anyone have some suggestions? I like to play war games like BF1942 and Quake 3 **** like that.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Xbox 360. no question. I'll think about buying a PS3 again next year when they accually have good games. Im sure you'll spend way more than $400 when you get a PC to look as good as a 360, not to mention that all the games are in High Def.

Last edited by Nez136; Nov 17, 2006 at 08:44 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is there an online option on the 360? I absolutely hate artificial intel. I prefer getting whooped by 13 year old kids online.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:07 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

In a little time PS3 is going to be a bad a$$ machine. It just takes a minute for the games to catch up to the system. There is alot of cool new stuff for the PS3 in the works and online is suppose to be free. Im sure I will end up owning another PS3 after this one sells.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Okay with all this talk of the playstation 3........ I have to ask..... what gaming system is the best bang for the buck these days? Is it a PC? I know nothing about playstations and **** like that. I've only played PC games. I'm now looking for gaming system or new pc to occupy time this winter. Anyone have some suggestions? I like to play war games like BF1942 and Quake 3 **** like that.

PC all they way, I have every console PS1, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, and I can honestly say pc rules, better graphics, better options, better controllers, better physics in relationto the controller, more games available,

but then again I do have a 5K pc too though, so price not being an option PC all the way.
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

check this
http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/video/index.html
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

God damn ps3, look what it's doing to people

I would go with Xbox if you're looking for a machine with an unmatched online experience. I really don't think Sony will do the online thing right...unless they just copy xbox live. You never know though.

I haven't played the PS3 yet in stores but Sony is trying to make it "future proof" for the next decade with the Blu-ray...too bad it's their proprietary format and if it doesn't take off and HD DVD does instead they're not going to be in good shape.

I'm a PC fan myself, but that's with money aside for what you want to do. I always have to have a good pc for just normal use/file storage/etc so why not spend a few hundred more and make it your all in one ****/music/gaming super rig
Old Nov 18, 2006, 05:44 AM

Thursday me and nick, kept trying to find a place and bringing stuff to kev, erik, and nez. We kept checking ebay, and heard of one going for ten grand, and watched two go for more than six grand. When i got home from work friday morning i clicked on the first one on ebay and it went for 5200.

just ****ing ridiculous.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

to bad the fu<king market is now swamped. Looks like we wont be selling this time around...
Old Nov 18, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

FWIW. In my opinion as far as online play goes, Xbox will own the market for years to come. Microsoft is too big of a power house and they aleady have a year head start on Sony. Sure sony's online play is free, but if any of you have played PS2 online you know as well as me that it sucks *****. The servers are really laggy and hard to get into.

Microsoft is a $4/month subcription that is maintained by them to always be running at peak performance with minimal lag ect. ect.
I was once die hard sony and then Nick let me use his Xbox for about 2 months and i was hooked. I had no problem with waiting in line for 30 minutes last new years to get a 360.

Honestly. If Sony doesn't have some big name releases in the next 6 months i think they are going to flop. This ps3 thing is a big gamble when it comes to buying and selling right away (release date). Hopefully we can get rid of those soon for some decent money or im affraid we will be stuck with them. IMO, i think by next year you will be able to buy a PS3 at price anytime. This is from what i've gathered by reading online topics.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 07:52 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

Morning all
Old Nov 18, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
FWIW. In my opinion as far as online play goes, Xbox will own the market for years to come. Microsoft is too big of a power house and they aleady have a year head start on Sony. Sure sony's online play is free, but if any of you have played PS2 online you know as well as me that it sucks *****. The servers are really laggy and hard to get into.

Microsoft is a $4/month subcription that is maintained by them to always be running at peak performance with minimal lag ect. ect.
I was once die hard sony and then Nick let me use his Xbox for about 2 months and i was hooked. I had no problem with waiting in line for 30 minutes last new years to get a 360.

Honestly. If Sony doesn't have some big name releases in the next 6 months i think they are going to flop. This ps3 thing is a big gamble when it comes to buying and selling right away (release date). Hopefully we can get rid of those soon for some decent money or im affraid we will be stuck with them. IMO, i think by next year you will be able to buy a PS3 at price anytime. This is from what i've gathered by reading online topics.
Yes.

Guess I should have stopped by the BB when you guys got them with my laptop and camera and could have sold them right in the parking lot on Ebay.
Old Nov 18, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

booya

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners