Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2005, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Silk
Hmmmmm, you seem to be digging yourself a bit of a hole. Renner is one of the better dealerships in our area and they gave you a pretty good deal. JUst try to appreciate the deal you got and remember, you gotta pay to play

Yes, Renner is a good dealership but everyone knows they are a business and a business is going to try and make every cent possible, understandably. Don't try to say that a dealer isn't going to try and bilk a young kid out of some rebates and freebies if they can try.

The problem is that the people wanting to buy evos know what it is, know what it can do, and know it's a little expensive, so the love drives you to say "i don't care, just give me it".

Honni, not to rip any comission away from Fireball, but have you even tried to talk to other dealers?

I know I did originally and Renner just ended up being a better deal for me at the time I got my Evo.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 07:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Honni414
JUST MAKING MYSELF CLEAR....ITS NOTHING AGAINST BRYAN.....its his job and he cant controll the prices....its the dealership i have something against...i mean someone even told me and my mom that i "couldnt handle the evo" because it has "wayy too much power" i just dont like how i cant get 0% or the free gas....both of which are advertised and they weaseled theyre way out of both so im just going to take my money and buisness and walk....im sure another dealership would try harder to work with me....the 9's are now in the US and i could even just wait for one of those... just put my money back into my account and gain interest buy a new evo 9...it is the end of the year and month, you think they would do what they can to get rid of the last of the 05 evos.
If you think that saving a hundred dollars somewhere is worth moving all that around, and pissing me off, more power to you.

You either are getting pressure from your parents, or really don't understand how things work. I'm telling you, personally, professionally, as a friend, this is a good deal.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

I don't understand why they wouldn't give you 0% if you applied, it just seems too shady. I would have loved to have gotten 2.9%, my payment would be quiet lower.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
If you think that saving a hundred dollars somewhere is worth moving all that around, and pissing me off, more power to you.
What's a couple hundred when already spending 30k. Stick with Bryan.

It sounds like you're stretching for this loan. Have you looked into insurance? You should make sure you can afford that too before signing on the dotted line.

Oh yea... morning fochers!!!
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

speaking of financing, anyway i can get my hands on a R33 or R34 GTR????
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
What's a couple hundred when already spending 30k. Stick with Bryan.

It sounds like you're stretching for this loan. Have you looked into insurance? You should make sure you can afford that too before signing on the dotted line.

Oh yea... morning fochers!!!

it adds up to a thousand dollars when everything is finally payed off and thats money i could use for tax, title, tegistration.... or i could buy a TT and a really nice alarm..

i want to stick with bryan but im just sick of the dealership... the only reason i chose renner was for bryan.... before i even spoke to him about getting an evo, a guy with the last name of renner (probably a hotshot there) told me and my mom that i shouldnt buy an evo because i couldnt handle it...isnt the point to sell cars instead of turn people away? we'll see today what happens...it just worrys me that they already changed something around on me...it makes me think of what will happen if i need warranty work or something.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

it adds up to a thousand dollars when everything is finally payed off and thats money i could use for tax, title, tegistration.... or i could buy a TT and a really nice alarm..

i want to stick with bryan but im just sick of the dealership... the only reason i chose renner was for bryan.... before i even spoke to him about getting an evo, a guy with the last name of renner (probably a hotshot there) told me and my mom that i shouldnt buy an evo because i couldnt handle it...isnt the point to sell cars instead of turn people away? we'll see today what happens...it just worrys me that they already changed something around on me...it makes me think of what will happen if i need warranty work or something.
Renner is pretty good with what little warranty work I had done, but again, that isn't their call. They call Mitsu and they decide if they will do it or not. That is the impression I got anyway.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Installed my mesh grille last night. Anyone think I should paint it a different color?

Old Sep 27, 2005, 09:20 AM

rez i think it looks pretty good nj

tom wtf man where was the offer for me to sport the tek3 decals

honnie, srry for what your going through man but to let you know i scored a 776 on the credit report and the best rate i could get was 5.6% so the 2.9% (although not 0%) but still a great rate for little or no credit

everyone, where the **** can i get the silver plastic paint for my triple a piller, i went to home depot, menards, farm and fleet, napa, advanced auto, dimond paint supplies, and milwaukee paint(they had it but you had to buy by the gallon at 40 bucks)

any help much appreciated
Old Sep 27, 2005, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

rez looks great, i don't think you should paint it!
Old Sep 27, 2005, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys. In the picture you can't really tell but the mesh is silver, I didn't know if it would look better in black, it wouldn't stick out as much. Now to find a way to do the rest of the bumber and find a way to re-mount the fogs.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
I don't understand why they wouldn't give you 0% if you applied, it just seems too shady. I would have loved to have gotten 2.9%, my payment would be quiet lower.
Credit issues. It's the same reason some people get 2.9, or 6.9.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

it adds up to a thousand dollars when everything is finally payed off and thats money i could use for tax, title, tegistration.... or i could buy a TT and a really nice alarm...
Actually, it doesn't. Example:

$200 difference at 2.9% financing, equals $215 over the course of the loan. So, $15. That's going to McDonalds, twice. Whoopeee...

You know, this bothered me. I even went so far, as talked to EVERYONE that I can think of to find out who said this and what was said. The end result... I could not find ANYONE that said this. I'm not saying that it wasn't said, but I think what happened, is something was said and interpreted incorrectly.

Ask yourself... why would the OWNER of a dealership try to discourage you of buying a car? It does NOT make sense.

Also, ask around. In terms of trying to make customers happy, I think that we're one of the best. I highly, highly doubt that you have had ANY other experience dealing with any other dealerships, if you think we're so bad. You just have a sour taste in your mouth, from dealing with the Lancer that unfortunately, our hands were tied in. There was NOTHING we could do about it. It was an open and closed case.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

I've dealt with other dealers before. I tried to buy a civic when the damn fast and the furious craze was going on and the dealers gave me fricking migraines. I wanted one untill I drove it, it felt cheap, and on top of that NO dealer would even try to give me it without a $500/month payment, for a ****ing civic ex!

When I saw the lancer es for $10k I went to griffen mistu, that place is terrible, the manager was the typical sleezy salesman and tried to do a swap me out for a es that was $2,000+ more than their ad.

Andy at Renner, when he worked there, was the most honest sales guy I've ever dealt with. I bought the ES no bs involved. I've had nothing but good things when dealing with them(sales). I know when I bought my RA I didn't get the greatest deal, people have gotten them for alot cheaper, especially when the a new model is comming in, but I got a descent one after the rebates.

The 0% financing ads really draw people to dealerships but I bet alot of people don't qualify. Like in the other posts there are other factors in credit reports other than perfect credit history.

My opions, if you really want the car, can afford the matience, payment and insurance, get the 2.9%! If not, there are other great cars out there, or save that downpayment and get interest, build credit untill next year when they will have deals, yet again, on the evo 9.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
I've dealt with other dealers before. I tried to buy a civic when the damn fast and the furious craze was going on and the dealers gave me fricking migraines. I wanted one untill I drove it, it felt cheap, and on top of that NO dealer would even try to give me it without a $500/month payment, for a ****ing civic ex!

When I saw the lancer es for $10k I went to griffen mistu, that place is terrible, the manager was the typical sleezy salesman and tried to do a swap me out for a es that was $2,000+ more than their ad.

Andy at Renner, when he worked there, was the most honest sales guy I've ever dealt with. I bought the ES no bs involved. I've had nothing but good things when dealing with them(sales). I know when I bought my RA I didn't get the greatest deal, people have gotten them for alot cheaper, especially when the a new model is comming in, but I got a descent one after the rebates.

The 0% financing ads really draw people to dealerships but I bet alot of people don't qualify. Like in the other posts there are other factors in credit reports other than perfect credit history.

My opions, if you really want the car, can afford the matience, payment and insurance, get the 2.9%! If not, there are other great cars out there, or save that downpayment and get interest, build credit untill next year when they will have deals, yet again, on the evo 9.
Yep, Andy was a great guy. Taught me what I know about this biz. Joe (owner) is just as good, if not better.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners