Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MidniteEco
Like your wallet?

DOH!!!!

Won't get stolen eh? Wanna make a bet? Once someone finds out who you are, where you live, where you hang out, who your friends are... All it takes is time.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

I phone looks neat..but here are some of my potential issues with it.

Battery life - projections are always way off, my job deals with industrial CE/windows based devices with screens like that and you're lucky if you see 75% of the projections...and that's with minimal use and a bigger battery.

Touch screen - With it only being a giant touch screen the finger prints and grime on the screen is going to be gross.

Don't get me wrong, it will sell, but for anyone who has an Ipod they know that a few minutes of using the screen and touch pad to browse songs or play a quick game eats up that battery life. I hope they have some revolutionary power save to prove me wrong though, cause it would be nice to have one.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Stop being so realistic Laak..... The only problem with that iPhone is that it's made by apple. That makes it 12% ghey right out of the box. I still want one though.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
DOH!!!!

Won't get stolen eh? Wanna make a bet? Once someone finds out who you are, where you live, where you hang out, who your friends are... All it takes is time.
But he lives in such a nice area.. I can't imagine anyone around there wanting to steal something.. Especially not a car valuable enough to warrant a mortgage.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Very good point Alex.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MidniteEco
Like your wallet?
I lost that....besides, wallet.....car, little bit harder to loose
Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
DOH!!!!

People see where i put the Evo everynight, my garage is not easy to break into...besides, who said i was keeping it in Milwaukee?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by laakness
I phone looks neat..but here are some of my potential issues with it.

Battery life - projections are always way off, my job deals with industrial CE/windows based devices with screens like that and you're lucky if you see 75% of the projections...and that's with minimal use and a bigger battery.

Touch screen - With it only being a giant touch screen the finger prints and grime on the screen is going to be gross.

Don't get me wrong, it will sell, but for anyone who has an Ipod they know that a few minutes of using the screen and touch pad to browse songs or play a quick game eats up that battery life. I hope they have some revolutionary power save to prove me wrong though, cause it would be nice to have one.
It starts with i, so it will sell. And will probably be sold out for no other reason than it will be a fad like the iPod and the iEverything.
If it's decent, I'll pick one up.
Samsung has been doing pretty damn good for battery life on their larger screened devices - like my Blackjack - and they have some pretty small batteries. Plus, with a phone as large as the iPhone, there is often more room for a larger battery.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nez136
People see where i put the Evo everynight, my garage is not easy to break into...besides, who said i was keeping it in Milwaukee?
Good point. I think your second mortgage will look pretty good sitting in my garage.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
But he lives in such a nice area.. I can't imagine anyone around there wanting to steal something.. Especially not a car valuable enough to warrant a mortgage.
A nice area 5 minutes from the ghetto and 1 minute from the college? Thought you lived on the east side but i could be wrong. But yeah watch what you call a "nice area".
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monies41
A nice area 5 minutes from the ghetto and 1 minute from the college? Thought you lived on the east side but i could be wrong. But yeah watch what you call a "nice area".
Right, i also live in the same neighborhood as a guy that owns a Ferrari 575 and a guy that owns a Ford GT, and many people that own porsche's and Benz's. But who said i was keeping it at my house?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

^^right on just had to add that though because i work in that area. Thank god for the river!! lol
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Right, i also live in the same neighborhood as a guy that owns a Ferrari 575 and a guy that owns a Ford GT, and many people that own porsche's and Benz's. But who said i was keeping it at my house?
Have they come to terms that you have the fastest car on the block
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silk
Have they come to terms that you have the fastest car on the block

No! The guy acrossed the street stairs at me all the time and revs his 911 carrera at me, LOL. I think that car does a 0-60 in about 5.5 seconds.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
Stop being so realistic Laak..... The only problem with that iPhone is that it's made by apple. That makes it 12% ghey right out of the box. I still want one though.

Hehe, I know, I get all crazy with logic sometimes.

You are correct, I did my own calculations and 12% is the exact amount of ghey...nice work

Nick, remember that this is just a screen...and is thinner than your phone so it should have an even smaller battery. I would think it to have the same type of battery experience Gerald is seeing...a full PDA type device with more reasons to touch it.

I'd still want one as well though cause it has some neat features...if it could get Goodlink email then I'd be sold.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners