Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by readrs13
Is there any ice racing, in or around Milwaukee?

Now that I think of it I bet there isn't any ice to drive on anywhere around here with such a warm winter.
There may be an ice race on plelican lake this weekend. Check the forums under http://www.fvscc.com for more details.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4rcd6
sweet! if you dont mind i'll need that lol. Dont like stuff flying up in the engine bay.
Ive had my undertray off since about DAY 40, dont really need it. Nothing will fly up there.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
Ive had my undertray off since about DAY 40, dont really need it. Nothing will fly up there.
I didn't have mine on either, but that thing really helps with keeping the engnie clean and cutting down a little on wind noise.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

snow and crap wont fly up in there? Hmm for some reason i thought it did. Maybe i'll consider just removing it.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

snow and crap wont fly up in there? Hmm for some reason i thought it did. Maybe i'll consider just removing it.
The only time I had a problem is when I took the vent thingy off the hood and leaves and crap went all over the place. But having the lower tray removed doesnt kick anything up. Take it off and hang it on the wall for a conversation piece.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've had my tray off for over a year. Water gets in the engine bay from the hood vent and through the radidator and such anyway. Unless you take your evo mudding that lower tray doesn't protect the motor much if any.

I never noticed a difference in wind noise but that was probably due to the TBE and the fact that I always have the window or moon roof open.

Its in a low pressure area so it doesn't do much. The only benefit that jumps out at me is the plastic under the FMIC may force more air into the IC instead of letting it go around/under it.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:05 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

Sorry Mikey but Im going to disagree on this one. Just ask Yetti. Last big snow his engine bay was packed full of snow up to the air filter. Granted we were out givin her hell a bit but still it does help in the winter
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Red EVO'S are cursed this week. Laak and Red Demon.. watch out your next on the Final desination list.

Geezus what happened? Luckily my evo is still back in Miltown, sittin in my parents garage...no way i was going to leave it on the street in Brown Deer~., When i glanced at your pictures at first i thought it was MY car....hahaha with the wheels (with salt hard to see my red lip) and with the hood (cant tell if its black or CF)....made me think for a second someone stole mine!

Last edited by RED DEMON; Jan 16, 2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ink
Sorry Mikey but Im going to disagree on this one. Just ask Yetti. Last big snow his engine bay was packed full of snow up to the air filter. Granted we were out givin her hell a bit but still it does help in the winter
I've had mine off since last winter and have done plenty of doughnuts without issue.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

For some reason i feel the undertray does make somewhat of a substantial amount of difference. When doing my clutch install, the tranny came off and went back on like butter. There were no major problems and all parts disassembled and reassembled perfectly without any need to "jimmy" them or fitment issues. Unless i just got really lucky....or its a coincidence. But i have had my undertray on for all 50k miles, last 15k with part of it cutout for the AMS FMIC. I believe its personal preference, but with how clean it kept my engine along with how easily parts and bolts came off, i feel it truely helps.

DAMNIT i miss my evo, i got to drive a buschur powered 04 RS out here, owned by a guy on the forums named Addison, REALLY cool guy- he also races his 60s Mustang GT350 and a 90' 5.0 stang. Went for a ride yesterday for what i thoguht was going to be some snow drifting...ended up being street drifting, hahaha. Then he let me drive, without a second thought. Really nice guy...surprised he let me drive his car.. i NEVER have let anyone drive my car besides HKM and my parents (which are now scared to drive it....only start it up every few weeks while im in Denver)
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Just got my DC3 catch can/s will post pix soon
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Kevin...that almost looks on purpose
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:56 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laakness
$hit, I thought it was at first glance. What happened?
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by laakness
I think it was... he's just fu<kin' with us.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

The car is teetering on a snow mound...so i dunno. I doubt he would risk driving it up on there and scratchin the paint on the trees infront along with harming the undercarriage for a simple photo...but thats just my personal thought.

Im thinking either he tried to turn and the wheels turned but the car kept going straight...or he was snow drifting.....or possibly too much gas....or maybe wrong gear (hopefully not!)

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners