Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the-moss
You gonna go to Blackhawk on April 20th Mr. Mitsu?
OK, how far away, is it all day??

How much, and how set up does a car need to be??
Old Jan 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monies41
i am going to be running the forge rs bov. AMS told me that it was one of the best for stock ecu apps
Im running a Tial with the stock ECU. Soon Ill be changing to a AEM. Im sick of this stock ECU stuff thats been going on.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MR.MITSU
OK, how far away, is it all day??

How much, and how set up does a car need to be??
It is just by beloit, $160, and it is all day.

Not sure what you mean by how 'setup' the car needs to be. But the car needs to be safe (basically if it is stock and nothing is worn out you are fine). I would recommend better than stock brake fluid and pads, but it certainly isn't a requirement.

More info here [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']http://www.madisonsportscarclub.com/trackday/[/FONT]
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WaxThis2005
And a very big Turbo from AMS
Teheee, 50 trims AREN'T that big
Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

I was watching the news this morning and there was a story on the cops in Racine......they said they were going to have a 10 day "crack down" on cars with tinted windows. If they see a car with tinted windows they "will" pull it over, check the tint level and issue a ticket. I left California to get away from this kind of $hit........
Old Jan 26, 2007, 07:27 PM

thank god im going the opposite way. im illegal all the way around.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

So how do-able is a 15 hours drive in an evo?

I have done 7 hours up to Boulder junction, and then 9 hours to michigan (that was loooooooong). Has anyone driven the evo for on a 15 hours, 1000 mile trip? I am just looking for how THAT long of a drive would be in an evo, 9hrs was bearable, but nothin horrible. Dyraad how was the drive down to Florida?

I am tihnkin the only prep i will need to do is get an oil change, and be sure to fill up and let pressure out of the gas tank as i go up in altitude.

The evo's ECU can factor in barometric pressure, correct? The diagnostics will be able to allow me to drive in altitude without any adverse effect, right?

Thanks in advance!

...12 hours til ice racing in Addisons evo!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Edit: double post

While im at it... i should probably explain, i am considering getting a one way ticket back to Miltown, finish painting my gramlights, slap em on, and then drive the evo from Milwaukee to Denver (1020 miles)....that would be one helluva trip since i will be able to beat on the clutch for the first time!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 08:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by the-moss
It is just by beloit, $160, and it is all day.

Not sure what you mean by how 'setup' the car needs to be. But the car needs to be safe (basically if it is stock and nothing is worn out you are fine). I would recommend better than stock brake fluid and pads, but it certainly isn't a requirement.

More info here http://www.madisonsportscarclub.com/trackday/[/FONT]
I will probably be there.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON

I have done 7 hours up to Boulder junction, and then 9 hours to michigan (that was loooooooong). Has anyone driven the evo for on a 15 hours, 1000 mile trip? I am just looking for how THAT long of a drive would be in an evo, 9hrs was bearable, but nothin horrible. Dyraad how was the drive down to Florida?

I am tihnkin the only prep i will need to do is get an oil change, and be sure to fill up and let pressure out of the gas tank as i go up in altitude.

The evo's ECU can factor in barometric pressure, correct? The diagnostics will be able to allow me to drive in altitude without any adverse effect, right?

Thanks in advance!

I think you'll be just fine. The car isn't that special that it can't handle altitude changes.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

I've done the FL trip 3 times now. Im not doing it again. When I came here on vacation it was fun, I stopped along the way to see parts of the country. but this last time it was for a change of life, I didnt take time to stop and smell the roses.

But overall the Evo is a good highway car, didnt have a problem any of the times. Sure your back starts hurting around hour 14 or 15 but a quick stretch and small walk around will get you back in the drivers seat in no time. I think this last trip I did 1362 miles in just about 18.5 hours. It could have been faster but Atl and a freak storm in southern GA slowed me down. In TN,KY and parts of IN I was cruising in the 100 mark. GA I didnt speed too much in because of the heavy patrols I remembered from my first 2 trips. Once in FL the speed hovered around 90.

Let pressure out of the gas tank? Never heard that one before. I highly doubt a -1inHg will be even noticable. Remember the Evo is just a car, nothing special, no ECU tricks played on unsuspecting owners. It's a regular friggin car.

Last edited by dryad001; Jan 27, 2007 at 07:24 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON

Thanks in advance!

I drove here from California....it was a blast. Just did an oil change, checked the other fluids, replaced the wiper blades, washed/waxed it, and hit the road
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:25 PM

Help

happy saturday!

Last edited by MR.MITSU; Jan 27, 2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

I am saying as i am climbing up in altitude drastically as i get closer to Colorado/Denver, i have heard that the altitude can create some minor pressure in the gas tank, like how canned and bottled sodas are much more carbonated out here. Maybe its a myth, but Addison said he did it when driving from New York out here
Old Jan 27, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

From here on out I won't be posting on this board anymore. Too much BS, drama, and f'en liars that I have encountered. If you need something from me catch me on AIM, my phone number is changing tomorrow, Nextel sucks.

Dryad out for good.
Account is in the process of being disabled.

Last edited by dryad001; Jan 27, 2007 at 03:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners