Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
What dyno? I hope you don't mean KJ. One word. CLOSED.
Have you talked to Hiram lately? Ive been meaning to give him a call but havent gotten around to it.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silk
Have you talked to Hiram lately? Ive been meaning to give him a call but havent gotten around to it.
Just had lunch with Hiram today.....

In GT4 i just ran a 6:46 in Nurburing w/ my R34 vSpecII and a 5:50 w/ my F1 car!!!!!

Beat that Fochers!
Old Oct 11, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
What dyno? I hope you don't mean KJ. One word. CLOSED.

bolsen- not really sure yet, but meth seems to burn a lot faster. The meth hits all of a sudden and you can see your afrs drop, but with alky the afrs don't seem to drop as far. Still turning up the boost 27.8 right now, what I really need is a new actuator since I think with the OEM WR actuator it seems it will only hit right around 29, 30 on a cold day this is at 100% duty cycle on the HKS EVC. By tomorrow I will need more alky since ive been heavy on the throttle lately. With timing, I am running about 25 degrees up top right now with no knock. Not too sure on how much more i want to push it, pretty fast the way it is.
AMS you silly goose!
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

What electronic boost controller would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards the HKS EVC V, but also considering the Apexi AVC-R (and possibly safc2) and the greddy profec e-01. I am leaning away from the blitz unit and the greddy b-spec2. I plan to upgrade the turbo to a WR or comparable unit next summer, so i believe a EBC seems much more suitable than a MBC for the time being (why not?!)

When buying the EBC i plan on also purchasing a 10.5 hotside, walboro pump, 272 i/e cams, and possibly injectors. I am going to gather up the parts during winter and install them after the after the snow subsides. Any other parts you guys would recommend to get the most out of this "power package"?

Looking for some evo enthusiasts opinions! Thanks in advance!

Chris

Last edited by RED DEMON; Oct 11, 2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Morning fochers!

I'm no help on the elec boost control. I've always used a manual before
Old Oct 12, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Right on..

I was thinking about a cf evo hood, just so my engine can breath better, and a trunk to get rid of the yellow fading, for good

I dunno if that would look to ricey on a yellow car.

Do you guys know much or have an opinion on underdrive crank pulleys? I'm thinking about getting one but don't know about the risk, if any.

Originally Posted by bolsen
IMO CF has it's purpose. Having CF parts just to have more CF is silly. Reminds me of ricers.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RED DEMON
What electronic boost controller would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards the HKS EVC V, but also considering the Apexi AVC-R (and possibly safc2) and the greddy profec e-01. I am leaning away from the blitz unit and the greddy b-spec2. I plan to upgrade the turbo to a WR or comparable unit next summer, so i believe a EBC seems much more suitable than a MBC for the time being (why not?!)

When buying the EBC i plan on also purchasing a 10.5 hotside, walboro pump, 272 i/e cams, and possibly injectors. I am going to gather up the parts during winter and install them after the after the snow subsides. Any other parts you guys would recommend to get the most out of this "power package"?

Looking for some evo enthusiasts opinions! Thanks in advance!

Chris
Don't doubt the Blitz unit. It very good. Right now I am using the EVC V and probably going to get rid of it. When I do get rid of it the Blitz is the one Im getting.

Also why are you going to 10.5 when you said you will get a WR or something similar, seems like its a waste of $200. If you want to see what the rabbit is capable of let me know I can take you for a ride.

Get engine management first, get use to tuning it then when all of your other parts come you will be more "in tune" of how to use the system that you choose. Me and a few others here use UTEC and it is a very good system and acts like a standalone but with less drivability problems plus you are still able to go through emissions.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Does the UTEC let you control boost through the UTEC or do you need a seperate boost controller? I'm assuming the answer is that you need a seperate one since you have one dryad.

I have an Xede but haven't tried tuning it much, I'm deathly afraid of blowing my engine up if I do something wrong. I have only used it to modify boost levels for summer/winter/something's-wrong-get-me-home-with-no-boost maps.

Alex
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Right on..

I was thinking about a cf evo hood, just so my engine can breath better, and a trunk to get rid of the yellow fading, for good

I dunno if that would look to ricey on a yellow car.

Do you guys know much or have an opinion on underdrive crank pulleys? I'm thinking about getting one but don't know about the risk, if any.
If it's lighter than stock, then I'd say do it. As long as it's not some storm trooper looking thing. Wether it looks ricey or not, that depends on what the rest of your car looks like!

Always remember, this is just my opinion. What it all comes down to, is if you like it, do it.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, btw, I have a GM 3bar map sensor and pig tail if anyone is interested.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=163649 I'm thinking about trying it.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the-moss
Does the UTEC let you control boost through the UTEC or do you need a seperate boost controller? I'm assuming the answer is that you need a seperate one since you have one dryad.

I have an Xede but haven't tried tuning it much, I'm deathly afraid of blowing my engine up if I do something wrong. I have only used it to modify boost levels for summer/winter/something's-wrong-get-me-home-with-no-boost maps.

Alex
UTEC does control boost but thats one of the features I don't use. It gets a lot of spike all of the time when I try and do it.

bolsen- what do you want for your 3bar?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

It's brand new (I went to a 3.5) so I'd be willing to sell it for right around what I got it for, but I'll throw the pig tail in for free If you're interested, I'll get the number tonight.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

what would you sell your EVC 5 for dyrad? Have you had any problems with it (not holding boost, overboost, etc)? Is it the PSI or KPA version?

I dont know much about the blitz unit, but all ive heard is bad reviews. What makes you want to switch from your HKS to the blitz?

I was thinking about your comment on the 10.5 hotside, that is a good point, maybe i will get a 02 housing or FMIC instead. Any suggestion?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

It would be around 35lbs light..I definately can't loose that on a diet, I'd be anerexic.

The hood would just look like a stock evo with the sri breather. Not getting a body kit or anything unless I get a turbo or something...if I have that kinda money I should just then use for a downpayment for something else.

Originally Posted by bolsen
If it's lighter than stock, then I'd say do it. As long as it's not some storm trooper looking thing. Wether it looks ricey or not, that depends on what the rest of your car looks like!

Always remember, this is just my opinion. What it all comes down to, is if you like it, do it.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners