Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mack4477
awwww, poor nezzy's all alone in here. did you miss me fu<k face??
Yes I did sh|t head!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Hows the weather back there? Sunny/warm, overcast/brisk, or windy/cold? Ill be back in two days, anxious as hell!

Any snow on the ground?

Just need to make sure i dont have to finish painting my gram lights....or i could rock gold rims on one side and black w/ red lip ones on the other (friend of mine did that when he was sponsored, same rims just showing alternative colors; i found it to be tacky!)

Last edited by RED DEMON; Mar 14, 2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Hows the weather back there? Sunny/warm, overcast/brisk, or windy/cold? Ill be back in two days, anxious as hell!

Any snow on the ground?

Just need to make sure i dont have to finish painting my gram lights....or i could rock gold rims on one side and black w/ red lip ones on the other (friend of mine did that when he was sponsored, same rims just showing alternative colors; i found it to be tacky!)
Why would you paint the gram lights

Overcast and 50*
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Believe me , i like the gold color, but ever since i started getting many CF parts my car started taking the black/red theme and the gold just stuck out and looked tacky.
So i am now in the LONG process of strippin the paint off of the gold gramlights and re-painting them how i painted my stock enkeis (black wit red lip)
With the black/red color combination i have going and the fact that my older brother curbed them (two of them thats why i was joking about rocking two gold two black)

Dont get my wrong, i love gold/bronze wheels, but for my setup with a CF hood, CF VG, MR tails, black UK badging, CF heatshield, etc - the gold was just too out there!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Accually like colors would be considered more tacky, like some people dont like my white wheels on a white car.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seriously...you should sell the expensive gram lights, buy **** rims and paint those black...then with the extra money buy yourself some smarts
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
Seriously...you should sell the expensive gram lights, buy **** rims and paint those black...then with the extra money buy yourself some smarts

uhhh think about it logically from my standpoint. The grams have over 35k on them, curbed as FACK on two of them, and even the spokes have some scrapes. For a DIY project that costs less than 100 bux, i thought i may as well paint them myself- my enkeis held up and are still holdin up for over 20k. I see what your implying though, but theres no way i could sell the gramlgihts and get anywhere near what i paid for them, OR even enough to buy some cheap rims. I got the grams for 179 a wheel on clearance, cant beat that-i almost consider them my "cheap" rims sincei got them for such a low price, although not in the quality aspect. Also i saw them going on EVOm for insanely cheap prices, in good condition- meaning if i tried selling mine i would get an even lower return.
Also i like the look of the gramlight 57s and did not want to give up the wheel design or spoke pattern, I think a gloss black with a red lip will look great on those rims.

To fix the problem of needing all seasons (which are on the grams), and also to fix the bad curbing (thats why im strippinf them completley) without any major cost , i feel that painting them myself is the best option.
I was goign to powdercoat, but the painting is SO easy and SO cheap. When i went down to AMS 9sec240 was doing work on my car installing the parts while it was on the lift and asked me "who powdercoated your rims?". I told him i painted them myself with dupont wheel paint and just took my time and he was astonished!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry for the rant above i was jtus explaining my actions and kinda snapped after your last comment! Damnit finals are making me stressed as fack!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

i'm with you red. i painted a set of volks instead of selling and buying new ones. screw these haters
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

i'm with you red. i painted a set of volks instead of selling and buying new ones. screw these haters
LOL, can't wait to see what the wheels look like in a couple years!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:12 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
He's with TTP right now but when he gets back Ill mention it to him. He did mention the Forge clamps yesterday though.
Thanks Mikey
Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing I'm hating on is the fact your wife wants to lay and cuddle but I gots **** to do
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Believe me , i like the gold color, but ever since i started getting many CF parts my car started taking the black/red theme and the gold just stuck out and looked tacky.
So i am now in the LONG process of strippin the paint off of the gold gramlights and re-painting them how i painted my stock enkeis (black wit red lip)
With the black/red color combination i have going and the fact that my older brother curbed them (two of them thats why i was joking about rocking two gold two black)

Dont get my wrong, i love gold/bronze wheels, but for my setup with a CF hood, CF VG, MR tails, black UK badging, CF heatshield, etc - the gold was just too out there!
Not MORE spray painted time attacks . Sorry its a touchy subject
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laakness
The only thing I'm hating on is the fact your wife wants to lay and cuddle but I gots **** to do
not my fault she's not used to it being over so damn fast
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
LOL, can't wait to see what the wheels look like in a couple years!
then they'll get re-done if necessary, where's the problem??????

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners