Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mooo!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It has begun.....

The old Puerto Rican guy did it the best.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Spotted cow is a GREAT beer, whoa off topic- i like Fat Tire better though!

But that RWD evo IMHO seems liek a waste- if you replace practically everything and keep the evo shell (body) its not still an EVO!

Its like building a funny car- you can slap any body on it but it doesnt make the car a evo or a celica or a gto, etc.

Damn he must be dropping some dime on the project, im with Nez - where did he get the money to fund that project? Ive seen the loot hes dropped into the car before, but this is going over the top, goin back down, and then over the top again!

you guys are missing the point. Its not about building an EVO it about building a fast drag car. Thats it, he just aparently likes the look and the motor from EVO's so thats the shell he is using.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Fat Tire is the ****, I look forward to that as much as boarding when I go to CO.

Utah has a bunch of micro beers that were good but nothing I've had yet is better than fat tire or spotted cow.

If you are coming back bring me some!!

Spotted cow is a GREAT beer, whoa off topic- i like Fat Tire better though!

But that RWD evo IMHO seems liek a waste- if you replace practically everything and keep the evo shell (body) its not still an EVO!

Its like building a funny car- you can slap any body on it but it doesnt make the car a evo or a celica or a gto, etc.

Damn he must be dropping some dime on the project, im with Nez - where did he get the money to fund that project? Ive seen the loot hes dropped into the car before, but this is going over the top, goin back down, and then over the top again!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

I am back right now! i didnt bring any back however. I go back to Colorado this Sunday

When will you be in CO? What area? If you are near Denver or Boulder i could show you some sick Denver-ian cars!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yeti
you guys are missing the point. Its not about building an EVO it about building a fast drag car. Thats it, he just aparently likes the look and the motor from EVO's so thats the shell he is using.
I see what your saying, i just find it to be a complete waste of money. Maybe buying a evo engine and an evo body would be acceptable, but gutting and destroying a perfectly fine evo in the 11s to make that mutant is crazy IMO. Personally if it were my project i would have just bought a evo body and engine, as those are practically the only evo parts he is using.

If hes got the time and money to do all that without wincing, then more power to him i guess! I just could never do it!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:28 PM

great its not your money so who gives a $hit, and if thats how you want to do the project go buy the body and engine and have at it.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Red, I think we switched to HWY 100 again. That's where I'll be headed.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone on here or their friends live on the eastside and own a YELLOW Yamaha R6?
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

HWY? nick just called me a bit ago and said moorland

Yeti im jsut voicing my opinion, and you are doing the same, damn! everyone is entitled to thier opinion
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

I think Red is missing the point of the build here. What Tim is trying to do is raise the bar to a new and different level. I can go back to WI have everyone raise their hoods and "OMFG" look its the same exact engine, maybe not in the same car, but they are all the same.

It's the norm now to have cams, tbe, boost control, flash...

What I tried to do is try every avaliable option out there, Ive been through 3 exhausts, 3 turbos, at least 6-7 EM systems and working with a new one tomorrow, 3 clutches, 2 trannies, 2 motors of which i sold one, 2 meth systems, etc. I could go on, but who wants to be the same as everyone else on this board?? You might but I try to stay a little more on the innovative side as does Yeti.

Im in a good mood tonight, dont ruin it or someones going to get bitten...
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

I try to go once a year. I was in eagle-vail like three weeks ago staying at a friends house.

In two years I will be living somewhere out there. Bring some back when you come home again!

I am back right now! i didnt bring any back however. I go back to Colorado this Sunday

When will you be in CO? What area? If you are near Denver or Boulder i could show you some sick Denver-ian cars!
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

if your innovative rock on! Innovation costs more money as you stated than doing something that is pruven. I am on my second exhaust naow and i am pissed about it. I perfer to do thing right once and be done with it. But we need guys like you to be innovative and try several products and give input as to what you like and dislike. If I had the money I would go through several parts and tune my own car. I just don't have the money to deal with my own mistakes. I feel I speak for a lot of people on here.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

On a similar note lets face no one is redesigning the damn engine. everyone who has mods are using an intake of some type, perhaps IC pipes and FMIC, (however most of the time its not needed) TBE, boost controller and cams, meth, and maybe a small turbo upgrade and a tune. maybe injectors, intake manifold, direct NO2 injection, O2 injection, Nitro methane,

on that point What are you trying to say, because someone did it first you cant? i mean jeez, you cannot mod anything if somone else did it already or is thinking about doing it? WTF

I like everyone in here but what the hell? do what you want to do, if it works great, but expect others to look on and admire, and perhaps copy because it works, but why tell them their turds because they do so? feel good about yourself, but perhaps you got that idea from someone else too? maybe not, but maybe you did. I dont see anyones name in the sponsers section from around here.

i mean I think Yeti should market his ideas he has for a few things, but at the end of the day are they refinements on somthing else?

I dunno, thats my piece, sorry if i offended anyone, but that life.

-Bill
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
On a similar note lets face no one is redesigning the damn engine. everyone who has mods are using an intake of some type, perhaps IC pipes and FMIC, (however most of the time its not needed) TBE, boost controller and cams, meth, and maybe a small turbo upgrade and a tune. maybe injectors, intake manifold, direct NO2 injection, O2 injection, Nitro methane,

on that point What are you trying to say, because someone did it first you cant? i mean jeez, you cannot mod anything if somone else did it already or is thinking about doing it? WTF

I like everyone in here but what the hell? do what you want to do, if it works great, but expect others to look on and admire, and perhaps copy because it works, but why tell them their turds because they do so? feel good about yourself, but perhaps you got that idea from someone else too? maybe not, but maybe you did. I dont see anyones name in the sponsers section from around here.

i mean I think Yeti should market his ideas he has for a few things, but at the end of the day are they refinements on somthing else?

I dunno, thats my piece, sorry if i offended anyone, but that life.

-Bill
I think that was well put. It's all just opinions and to each their own I guess. I'd like you to find/create something here that NO ONE has tried anywhere in the world that is 1) New, 2) innovative, and 3) produces reliable power...it'd be very hard.

Maybe a rocket engine on the back of an evo hasn't been done That's my idea btw, so you can't take it as your own.

I don't know the nitty gritty about cars but I educate myself as far as I need to get what I want accomplished. I don't come in here and yell at everyone for not understanding computer stuff.

I'm not trying to come down on you Mike but ever since Yeti got back you seem like you're trying to crap on everyone...and I'm under the "Milwaukee Mooocow" blanket so I take it as me being included.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners