Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2007, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ink
Ok Gents, Im tring to be smart and look into the future to save for a clutch. Silk, Mano, and others.... you all went with the Exedy twin HD right? Im assuming that NoLimit was the best deal? What did you guys pay?
Don't get the Tilton. It was an awsome clutch while I had it. But the longevity is only about 10k or so. Im getting a quartermaster for the next one if I still have the car.
Old May 7, 2007, 03:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
Don't get the Tilton. It was an awsome clutch while I had it. But the longevity is only about 10k or so. Im getting a quartermaster for the next one if I still have the car.
why dont you get a exedy? just curious. they have been proven to be the best havent there?

how much are the ones you mentioned?
Old May 7, 2007, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

I wanted to steer clear of the pull type clutches. I had 2 clips pop out on me. Once with the stock clutch while still under warrenty, and another with the ACT. The push type is IMO a lot better design. I think I jumped the gun getting the tilton. I was originally going to wait a year on getting a clutch but when the 3065 came along I knew that the ACT I had in the car, minus the blown tranny I needed a new one. SO I got the tilton because of the deal I got, and it was a good one.

Overall the tilton is an awsome clutch, if the service life was at least 20k I would stick with it, but Im not shelling out 3500 for the carbon. I think the Quartermaster might be a little better. If you look up Trinababe on the forums and if you ever seen him drive, he beats the hell out of the car and he never once had any clutch issues.

I think whats saved me with the tilton is having the shep tranny in the car. The shifting is 10x better with no notchyness. I know Jason blew 2 of them out in under 20k.

Id still like a 10sec pass before I get rid of the car, but with my company going belly up lately who knows if Ill have a job next week, so Im on the money saving bandwagon just in case.

Ill tell ya what, if Jericho ever came out with an Import clutch Id be all over it. WIth their 3 palte design in high HP applications they can hold anything from daily driving to full out top fuel runs.

Im in the market for another clutch but waiting to see what I can come up with. When I was at PRI here back in Nov I think, tilton said they knoew they had a short life and they were trying to improve on it. They did good with heat treating the hub splines so they don't wear out quickly, now they just need a new composition of the clutch material to extend the life. Ill pay Scott to pull the tranny the next time, Im done pulling that thing. It's been out of the car at least 6 times. But if you put in a tilton it comes out and goes back in much quicker since the clutch pack is only 7.25" and the bell housing clears it easier than the full 11.5" clutches.

I've driven Tiltons, ACTs, Exedys, RPS, APS, and I still think the Tilton has the best drivability. I know most will disagree with me but it complements my driving style. When buying a clutch you have to figure out what you are going to use the car for and go from there and just do some research.

Seacrest out
Old May 7, 2007, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Almost forgot

I can't say on how much I paid for the tilton since it was discounted for me but I think they normally go for 1500 or so, Im sure TTP will chime in and correct me. The lowest Ive ever seen a new Exedy go for was 1150 but that was 2 years ago. Not sure on the RPS, or APS.
Old May 7, 2007, 05:11 PM
Account Disabled

I wanted to steer clear of the pull type clutches. I had 2 clips pop out on me. Once with the stock clutch while still under warrenty, and another with the ACT. The push type is IMO a lot better design. I think I jumped the gun getting the tilton. I was originally going to wait a year on getting a clutch but when the 3065 came along I knew that the ACT I had in the car, minus the blown tranny I needed a new one. SO I got the tilton because of the deal I got, and it was a good one.

Overall the tilton is an awsome clutch, if the service life was at least 20k I would stick with it, but Im not shelling out 3500 for the carbon. I think the Quartermaster might be a little better. If you look up Trinababe on the forums and if you ever seen him drive, he beats the hell out of the car and he never once had any clutch issues.

I think whats saved me with the tilton is having the shep tranny in the car. The shifting is 10x better with no notchyness. I know Jason blew 2 of them out in under 20k.

Id still like a 10sec pass before I get rid of the car, but with my company going belly up lately who knows if Ill have a job next week, so Im on the money saving bandwagon just in case.

Ill tell ya what, if Jericho ever came out with an Import clutch Id be all over it. WIth their 3 palte design in high HP applications they can hold anything from daily driving to full out top fuel runs.

Im in the market for another clutch but waiting to see what I can come up with. When I was at PRI here back in Nov I think, tilton said they knoew they had a short life and they were trying to improve on it. They did good with heat treating the hub splines so they don't wear out quickly, now they just need a new composition of the clutch material to extend the life. Ill pay Scott to pull the tranny the next time, Im done pulling that thing. It's been out of the car at least 6 times. But if you put in a tilton it comes out and goes back in much quicker since the clutch pack is only 7.25" and the bell housing clears it easier than the full 11.5" clutches.

I've driven Tiltons, ACTs, Exedys, RPS, APS, and I still think the Tilton has the best drivability. I know most will disagree with me but it complements my driving style. When buying a clutch you have to figure out what you are going to use the car for and go from there and just do some research.

Seacrest out
good information mike.

as for my exedy hd, I dont mind it daily driving. well considering that about 80% of the time, I dont even push in the clutch. just go upto about 3-4k rpm let go of the gas, shift, till it falls into gear, then push the gas, works like a charm.
Old May 7, 2007, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

I DD my evo (except when in CO) and have the Exedy Twin HD. I love it- dont have a lot of disc noise, not much decel noise, and holds up to a LOT of abuse. Only disadvantage i see is the engagement point is so small and the pedal pressure is a bit harder, so it takes some time to get used to the new motion and speed of letting out the clutch.

IF YOU are going to go with NOLIMITMOTORS...do NOT buy from Chris! again do NOT!

I shopped around for Exedy twin HDs, and PMed BOTH chris and Steve at NOLIMIT....Both at the same company, under the same roof-Steve quoted me 1300 SHIPPED with a TOB and SSclutchline (this was a while ago tho)- and Chris quoted me 1500 for ther EXACT same items.....WHO do you think was trying to make a pretty penny on me?

So i purchased it form Steve, and once it went through told him about the price difference between fellkow employees-seems that Chris can bee very greedy!

PM steve-tell him Red Demon sent you to him about amazing prices on exedy twin HD and HD packages.
Old May 7, 2007, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both Tilton and EXEDY pricing has gone up for 2007.

I am sure the pricing you were comparing was before and after the pricing changes.

Evostore retails tiltons at $1749 now I think.

Of course, TTP units are priced nicely.
Old May 7, 2007, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

lol interesting day, i must say!
Old May 7, 2007, 05:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by voodooutt
lol interesting day, i must say!

care to elaborate?
Old May 7, 2007, 07:50 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Turboz,
I thought you may be interested in this
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pric...ri/Body/Grills
Old May 7, 2007, 08:46 PM

This should be out autocross vehicle

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2027798367
Old May 7, 2007, 09:01 PM
Account Disabled

the atom rocks. my cousin in vegas his neighbor has a supercharged one. the thing is CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! ( yes with that many Y's )
Old May 7, 2007, 09:14 PM

yeah, check out that guys face, vetcing hilarious...
Old May 7, 2007, 09:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fcheng118
yeah, check out that guys face, vetcing hilarious...
talking about vtec, a dude I know just got a integra type R
Old May 7, 2007, 09:34 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input Mikey. I was thinking the same thing about the Tilton after seeing Jasons results....

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners