Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2005, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bolsen
I see nez being the guy ordering fuzzy navels at the bar saying they're for his gf

I think another name for that is a slippery nipple.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning fockers.

So here I am stuck in Mukwanago, having to work in 2 hours, with my car running and the doors locked. I actually thought this was impossible but I guess I managed to pull it off. I've been calling Mitsu Diamond Care but no one picks up even though it's supposed to be 24/7
Old Oct 18, 2005, 05:38 AM

Dude-that sucks as*-do you have a coat hanger or what-god...

Pete
Old Oct 18, 2005, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Figures, the one time I will accually need the Assistance I can't get through to to them, they must be having phone issues or something.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Morning fochers! Got the wiring harness run last night. I have to say, mitsus have the ugliest wiring harness I've ever seen. It's disgusting! I should just take the pig down to the spaghetti mender and get it done right.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

I'm no locksmith but when I had my door off to put my speakers in it looked like the locking mechanism was block off so people couldn't do that.

Originally Posted by avguy
Dude-that sucks as*-do you have a coat hanger or what-god...

Pete
Old Oct 18, 2005, 07:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Bolsen, how did you crack the windshield? where is the crack? if you do get it replaced, be sure you get the CORRECT windshield. A friend of mine hit a deer, had to get his replaced, the shop assumed a regular lancer shield would be the same fitment. It is NOT, they are completely different, the evos has much more of a slope to it. Ill dig around for the picture he sent me of the reg lancer vs the evo windshield

Haha, was that me? I had the SAME problem. They only had 1 part # for a Lancer, and no mention of an Evolution. Fitment is the same, but the rear view mirror bracket is different.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

I cracked the windshield when i was taking it off the trailer. There were cross members for a tire rack, and when I losened it up, I think it rolled forward a bit.

Basically it was my fault, I wasn't paying attention to the front of the car at that time!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Morning!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Bolsen, how did you crack the windshield? where is the crack? if you do get it replaced, be sure you get the CORRECT windshield. A friend of mine hit a deer, had to get his replaced, the shop assumed a regular lancer shield would be the same fitment. It is NOT, they are completely different, the evos has much more of a slope to it. Ill dig around for the picture he sent me of the reg lancer vs the evo windshield

They are different?? the guy in the little red truck said they are the same seeing how I have one on. Its the exact same fit and look as my OEM one!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

morning kevin!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

whats up Brian... Did you read Scotts post about the radiator fan goin nuts?? I just read that!!! thats crazy.. im suprised he didnt call me first thing to tell me about that! How crazy.. wonder if its done and fixed by now!?!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 09:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 4rcd6
whats up Brian... Did you read Scotts post about the radiator fan goin nuts?? I just read that!!! thats crazy.. im suprised he didnt call me first thing to tell me about that! How crazy.. wonder if its done and fixed by now!?!
Sad news... the repairs won't be covered. We didn't make this call, the district manager did. It was something we had to call to get approval for, and it was denied.

Couple reasons:
1) His engine bay is HIGHLY modified. No problems with it, but it means he HAS been in there and has been doing things, so the chances of leaving something in there, or something loose, is great.
2) They looked up in case histories. There has never, EVER been record of a fan randomly shattering like that.

I can offer a connection to a replacement radiator, for a lot less than the factory price if it helps at all.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

I actually sold him my stock radiator last night. He does need a fan, though. I'm sure he'd be very grateful if you could help him out with that.

I could have given him mine, but my new radiator should be here, and I'd like to keep it in case he needs it for fitting.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

thats a bummer, but for sure i can understand Mistu not covering it if in fact there has never been a problem recorded to date after 3 full years of selling the car. Maybe a screw driver or something was left in there and it vibrated to a spot that hit the fan blade and messed it all up. that sucks, but its the price we pay for modding...

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners