Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turb0z-MR
Why are you selling?

Time to Upgrade
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ You haven't even maxed out what you have now!
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

+1 jeff how the new car ?maybe i'll come up to see some street action up there sometime
Old Aug 14, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

I love it. But I loved my 03 too.

I tossed in the JDM RS mivec map and made a few recommended tweaks to it. I also pulled the BCS pill and bumped the boost a tad. Car really has some nice strong grunt down low and surprising tug up top even with the stock exhaust.

I have an ebay TBE on the way. I'm sure I'll have to beat it with a hammer to fit around the xfer case but for $250 I can live with a slightly bullied downpipe.

A friend of mine just purchased a used 9 with DynoFlash tune on it. Now I have a starting point for the tune. PM me if you would like to review the ROM.

This morning I got to fling the car around on some wet roads. I don't really care for ACD. It feels much more jerky when oversteering than the 03 with Ralliart front LSD. I'm not 100% sure what the ACD does when the car is in a skid but it does something because its has a completely different feel. I'm sure it probably makes the car faster but faster isn't always more fun!

The suspension on the 9 is completely different than on my 8. Its more comparable to my coilovers on their stiffest setting. Its seriously what I would call brutal. It also sucks to go back to the 4x4 look of a stock suspended EVO. My 03 looked soo freakin nice I wish I would have kept the coil overs for this car. Coil overs may very well be my next appearance modification.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know if anyone has been watching this thread...but it's pimp.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=287918

Make your CEL light flash for x seconds after a knock and load threshold have been met. I havne't done it because I don't have that much knock anymore after TTP but it might be cool for the self tuners.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, thumbs up to you Jeff for the first honest VIII -> IX impression I've seen in this thread.

Most of what I see is, OMFG11!!!, teh iX rulez you, it's the fastes evar! LOL.

The IX is a great car...it better be, it's newer...but most seem to be jaded after upgrading
Old Aug 14, 2007, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I love it. But I loved my 03 too.

I tossed in the JDM RS mivec map and made a few recommended tweaks to it. I also pulled the BCS pill and bumped the boost a tad. Car really has some nice strong grunt down low and surprising tug up top even with the stock exhaust.

I have an ebay TBE on the way. I'm sure I'll have to beat it with a hammer to fit around the xfer case but for $250 I can live with a slightly bullied downpipe.

A friend of mine just purchased a used 9 with DynoFlash tune on it. Now I have a starting point for the tune. PM me if you would like to review the ROM.

This morning I got to fling the car around on some wet roads. I don't really care for ACD. It feels much more jerky when oversteering than the 03 with Ralliart front LSD. I'm not 100% sure what the ACD does when the car is in a skid but it does something because its has a completely different feel. I'm sure it probably makes the car faster but faster isn't always more fun!

The suspension on the 9 is completely different than on my 8. Its more comparable to my coilovers on their stiffest setting. Its seriously what I would call brutal. It also sucks to go back to the 4x4 look of a stock suspended EVO. My 03 looked soo freakin nice I wish I would have kept the coil overs for this car. Coil overs may very well be my next appearance modification.

I'm not 100% sure what the ACD does when the car is in a skid but it does something because its has a completely different feel. I'm sure it probably makes the car faster but faster isn't always more fun!

I'm not 100% sure what the ACD does when the car is in a skid but it does something because its has a completely different feel. I'm sure it probably makes the car faster but faster isn't always more fun!

Because you said skid, I think the braking is also coming into play here. applying more or less pressure to diff wheels. and you are correct about not as much fun. wait till the X, less fun im sure.

The suspension on the 9 is completely different than on my 8. Its more comparable to my coilovers on their stiffest setting. Its seriously what I would call brutal

I have the MR is really alot less harsh than my VIII with hotchkis. dunno, feels smoother to me.

My IX W/o cams has much more torque than the VIII through power band. even my wife said while she was driving it, "this is a lot quicker than the other evo", it is, but w/o cams, you go to shift earlier. '

either car is agreat choice....... thats my biased remarks.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
My IX W/o cams has much more torque than the VIII through power band. even my wife said while she was driving it, "this is a lot quicker than the other evo", it is, but w/o cams, you go to shift earlier. '
Its actually a very strange switch. The car has different gearing so the speed vs shift point is different. I feel like I run out of gear fast especially in 4th. The combination of Mivec and gearing changes simulate more power but I don't think its all that different.

Even though its the same darn car I do like the changes to seats, lights, dash trim, and front end better. Too bad the dealership drilled the front bumper to mount the plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God that yanks my chain.

Old Aug 15, 2007, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Its actually a very strange switch. The car has different gearing so the speed vs shift point is different. I feel like I run out of gear fast especially in 4th. The combination of Mivec and gearing changes simulate more power but I don't think its all that different.

Even though its the same darn car I do like the changes to seats, lights, dash trim, and front end better. Too bad the dealership drilled the front bumper to mount the plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God that yanks my chain.

Too bad the dealership drilled the front bumper to mount the plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOH that sucks.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 07:37 AM
Account Disabled

why do u keep replying to everything quoted once and repeated 2wice in your post section? kinda wierd
Old Aug 15, 2007, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

i've really only liked the differences between the 8 and 9. You may feel like you run out of 4th quicker cuz well your car is faster than the 8
Old Aug 15, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

^ You haven't even maxed out what you have now!
You haven't been in my car for a while have you...
Old Aug 15, 2007, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

good morning friends. saw a stock scion tc down here yesterday, with tons of stickers, and lambo doors! so rest assured nez, your wheels aren't the gayest things on the street
Old Aug 15, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
good morning friends. saw a stock scion tc down here yesterday, with tons of stickers, and lambo doors! so rest assured nez, your wheels aren't the gayest things on the street
hey now!
Old Aug 15, 2007, 09:09 AM
Account Disabled

on that subject my cusin just bought a new black scion TC and get this, ALL my family memebers like it better than my car! its like WTF is wrong with you people!?!? then i look around and everyone drives camrys and im not joking when i say the street had about 15 camrys...

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners