Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I just got back from taking the new woman shooting. Not bad is all I can say. I fianlly got a chance to try my new Sig. Talk about a night and day difference from the XD, I can basically throw that thing away now.

Scott I got the clutch from UPS the other day, all is good. Mail and UPS move about the speed of a snail here.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 05:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
So I just got back from taking the new woman shooting. Not bad is all I can say. I fianlly got a chance to try my new Sig. Talk about a night and day difference from the XD, I can basically throw that thing away now.

Scott I got the clutch from UPS the other day, all is good. Mail and UPS move about the speed of a snail here.
Did he hit all his targets Mike?

Good deal on the discs, man... Cool.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 06:03 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott
I called and left a message. Paypal doesnt seem to be working well for me. I would like to order those parts and put down my deposit with my credit card. Please give me a call when you get a chance. Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2007, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

deposit sent. hopefully this goes thru.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good Morning.

FYI... College ****** are back in town!!!

BTW... I do not like my nine. I miss my eight. For all those considering an upgrade DON'T DO IT. Put the cash into your eight instead.

Mitsu f'd up the gearing big time..... and all those jack@sses saying 9s make the same power as a cammed 8 are full of crap or they never tuned an 8.

I like the seats and I like the front bumper thats it. I'm actually thinking of selling it already.

Last edited by Jeff_Jeske; Sep 2, 2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Good Morning.

BTW... I do not like my nine. I miss my eight. For all those considering an upgrade DON'T DO IT. Put the cash into your eight instead.

Mitsu f'd up the gearing big time..... and all those jack@sses saying 9s make the same power as a cammed 8 are full of crap or they never tuned an 8.

I like the seats and I like the front bumper thats it. I'm actually thinking of selling it already.
Sorry to to say my IX w/o cams runs just as quick as the VIII with cams. dunno. The VIII had ams intercooler too. time sheets to prove it.
Old Sep 2, 2007, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ink
Scott
I called and left a message. Paypal doesnt seem to be working well for me. I would like to order those parts and put down my deposit with my credit card. Please give me a call when you get a chance. Thanks
I left message too Scott. Please return call.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

boy you dont hear that every day...

but i do agree about keeping the 8. the money you would spend on the difference alone would buy a nice turbo kit.
Good Morning.

Old Sep 3, 2007, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Saw this at the Range Rover / Volvo dealer on Moorland (Waukesha).... one of you guys trade in?

Old Sep 3, 2007, 07:28 AM

Brake Caliper paint

Wondering if anyone in the Milwaukee area has had to deal with the caliper paint problem. If so where did ya take your car and did they cover it under waranty.
I appreciate any input on this. Also sorry if im rehacking an old conversation on this thread but 1300 and some odd posts are alot to go through.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good Morning.

What's so wrong with the gears on the 9?

In my opinion the 06 is better in every way than the 03. It handles better in all conditions, makes more power mod for mod and has a nicer interior.. Actually I guess the 03 came with HIDs and nicer window switches.

I would say if you have an 05 it isnt worth the upgrade, but if you have an 03/04, the 06 is by far a better car.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

It's all opinion folks. Jeff doesn't like his car as much as his old one...not a big deal. The things he valued about his previous car are not the same as what he got.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ ^ I have basically the same exact car as my eight. HIDs ... the works. Basically the 03 with ralliart diff felt much better than this ACD crap. That and the dicked up lower gearing which may be great for auto-x .... sucks for high speed events.

Yes the mivec helps with low end but it definitely isn't holding power like my 03 with HKS 272s did on the top end. Furthermore the 06 cams really haven't had much positive feedback. Seems they are hit or miss depending on the tuner.

I don't hate the car but I do believe that the 06 has alot less shock and awe than reported.

Its the same damn car with a nicer interior and exterior. It still needs cams, suspension, and sway bar. Then it will be up to par. I think I bought off on some over inflated 06 owner BS.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Its the same damn car with a nicer interior and exterior. It still needs cams, suspension, and sway bar. Then it will be up to par. I think I bought off on some over inflated 06 owner BS.
I know that a couple of the mke owners traded/wrecked 8's and got 9's , but for the most part a lot of the 9 owners haven't owned a previous evo, and all the talk from them is usually hear say. I almost bought into the whole upgrade thing but realized that the cash could go to far better use. I do like my '05 better than my '03, but my changes were huge going from stock evo struts to the MR setup and 5 to a 6 speed.

The car itself is still only the starting point of what we work at for performance, its always going to come down to who has the deeper pockets.

You dont see AMS using a 9 TA or drag car, b/c its not worth the upgrade if you have a perfectly good base right in front of you.

There is nothing you can't do to make an '03 perform as good as or out perform an '06, period.

I dont wanna say that you wasted your money b/c you have a great machine right there....but you always did.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
There is nothing you can't do to make an '03 perform as good as or out perform an '06, period.
You mean stock right?

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners