Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, Im not getting rid of my 03 for a while. Now that I have the boost problem figured out I need a methanol solution. Seems like the only place that I can get it from is in Denver. And Im not going to that hell hole. I guess tomorrow Ill have to call VP and see how much it would be to ship 55gal of meth to me.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well in all honesty it only cost me $5k to go from a 30k mile to 5k mile EVO 9. Thats not bad. I was simply hoping to extract more from the car as it sits.

I can overlook the upsetting ACD behavior but I may have to fix the short 4th gear thing when the stock clutch craps out.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Well in all honesty it only cost me $5k to go from a 30k mile to 5k mile EVO 9. Thats not bad. I was simply hoping to extract more from the car as it sits.

I can overlook the upsetting ACD behavior but I may have to fix the short 4th gear thing when the stock clutch craps out.
I think nez was referring to the amount of money going from an 03 to a new 06...which the bath on interest (if financing) would have to be factored in as well.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dryaad i know someone in CO who is running meth constantly, so i bet he could either get you some, give you some of his, or you guys could split a barrel.

I start the drive on Wednesday, should be in by Thursday noon.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Good Morning.

FYI... College ****** are back in town!!!

BTW... I do not like my nine. I miss my eight. For all those considering an upgrade DON'T DO IT. Put the cash into your eight instead.

Mitsu f'd up the gearing big time..... and all those jack@sses saying 9s make the same power as a cammed 8 are full of crap or they never tuned an 8.

I like the seats and I like the front bumper thats it. I'm actually thinking of selling it already.
Im not trying to start shiat or anything but here it goes.....

"For all those considering an upgrade DON'T DO IT."

Bahahaha

"Put the cash into your eight instead."

Yes that will work too but.... depends on where your at.

"Mitsu f'd up the gearing big time..... "

"Dont think so myself but to each there own. we dont have 1 mile runs in a strait line down here without getting the po po on our ***. last time i realed her in, in 6th gear we went fron 85 to 150 and it didnt take long. '

I came fron an 05 GSR 5 speed running through traps in forth gear, AMS tuned with buddy club 272 cams, ams intercooler. Hks hi power TBE, HKS evc5 with 3 inch down pipe from ? i dont rememeber, ran 12.65 @113 in 4th gear with 5 speed .now I have 2006 MR SE speed ran 12.65@108 with no cams, in 4th gear, no a/m intercooler, with HKS evc6 bost controler, and TTP tune, Greddy 80mm exhaust runs the same ET, less MPH, with a slipping clutch. even my girl driving this car says "this feels quicker than the other evo"

I ran 40K on stock clutch with my 05 VIII gsr 5 speed. this car has 25k, and clutch is gone. I have not changed driving habits, I am making more power.

it makes as much power as the VIII did with less.

Am I wrong?

I am not trying to start crap, but you came out saying eveyone who says the 9 is talking smack. .i dont agree with you. I came from an 05, ya i might have lost my *** on the trade but i dont regret it at all. i will own this one, and the next provided it is better than this was is.

dont know but that is my .02 cest.

"and all those jack@sses saying 9s make the same power as a cammed 8 are full of crap or they never tuned an 8."

is it perhaps you dont know how too or cannot tune the Mivec? Just asking. you come out sliging but what is your game plan for the VVT?

Sorry this post has been bugging me a bit. no offense intended.
And didnt you say you hated the lip on the IX aboy 7-9 months ago. I think you did.

Last edited by newimportowner; Sep 4, 2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

^ ^ I have basically the same exact car as my eight. HIDs ... the works. Basically the 03 with ralliart diff felt much better than this ACD crap. That and the dicked up lower gearing which may be great for auto-x .... sucks for high speed events.

Yes the mivec helps with low end but it definitely isn't holding power like my 03 with HKS 272s did on the top end. Furthermore the 06 cams really haven't had much positive feedback. Seems they are hit or miss depending on the tuner.

I don't hate the car but I do believe that the 06 has alot less shock and awe than reported.

Its the same damn car with a nicer interior and exterior. It still needs cams, suspension, and sway bar. Then it will be up to par. I think I bought off on some over inflated 06 owner BS.

Scott can do some really impressive things with the IX Mivec maps. Dont trade it in just yet He'll be there soon.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think I bought off on some over inflated 06 owner BS.
Guy, you drove my car at Shawano. You were raving about how much better the car handled that your 03.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

The gearing in the 6 speed is fine depending on your power level. I am midway through 5th when i run the 1/4 mile which slows me down BIG TIME. Every shift is fast until i get to the big 4th to 5th shift...i feel like i loose a half a second. At modest power levels you can cross the line in 4th gear at about 8k and run a really good time but as soon as you have to shift to 5th....bye bye thats all she wrote.

But for the street i do like my 6 speed
Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:06 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

TTP- Scott
Is this trip still on? Its Tuesday and we still dont know if you are coming for sure or not. Whats going on?
Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ink
TTP- Scott
Is this trip still on? Its Tuesday and we still dont know if you are coming for sure or not. Whats going on?
^^^^^
Word
Old Sep 4, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

So i saw something funny today when i was going to grab my passport, i keep all my sh|t that i dont want to loose or could need in my night stand. I really had it sitting in here like this, I didn't mean to set it up! You'd think i was a spy of some sort....lol

Old Sep 4, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

More Bourne than Bond. The jeans and sneakers did you in.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

well hopefully its still on with scott.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
So i saw something funny today when i was going to grab my passport, i keep all my sh|t that i dont want to loose or could need in my night stand. I really had it sitting in here like this, I didn't mean to set it up! You'd think i was a spy of some sort....lol

Bourne does not shoot target rounds phool.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nood1es
well hopefully its still on with scott.
I have been trying to get out of a court date for tommorrow and it seems it down to the wire. It looks as if I might just slide out.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners