Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RED DEMON
NEZZZ and DYRAAD:

Of these which is the best overall choice: a glock, a 357. mag, a .45, a baby desert eagle (really want a full size but impractical, expensive, and more a show/showoff piece), or ruger? Or is there another one you'd recommend? Ive shot a 45 and theres a lot of kickback- love it, but dont know if i could deal with the kick..im assuming the fullsize desert eagle would be even worse. also I am swaying away from revolvers, altho i know they are nice.
Which would be the best for protection, occasional shooting ranges, and possibly a few hunting trips?

Heres the site for the Baby d-eagle : http://www.magnumresearch.com/Baby_Eagle.asp - id probably get the .40

/
Out of all the choices the 6 shooters will be the most accurate. Glocks are reliable and easy to shoot, if you go that route dont get a 9, they have no stopping power, but i would get the XD over the glock any day of the week. If you want a .45 then get a 1911, hands down the best out of all tacital pistols. Dont make your first gun a Desert Eagle, too pricey and its not pratical.

I love my XD .40, not too expensive to shoot, dead accurate, and looks Bad ***

Also, Check out Sig Sauer, they make some of the best weapons in the world.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tek3Evo
^ what about a used evo!!

I like this idea!! Check the sig...although maybe not the best gas mileage...
Old Nov 24, 2007, 03:07 PM
Account Disabled

u like that idea too? hmm check sig link aswell lol
Old Nov 24, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wish you fellas would have come down to GLD.

I ended up running an 11.97@116mph.

My only mods.... Ebay TBE and ECUFlash.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 05:48 PM
Account Disabled

nice time! Did anyone end up taking any videos?
Old Nov 24, 2007, 05:59 PM
Account Disabled

anyone have a stock like turbo they want to sell me? stock viii, 10.5 hotside, IX turbo, green ect? paypal ready.thanks
Old Nov 24, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Yes its all captured on video but not by me. I'll link the vids soon though.

Couldn't get a good launch. I ended up launching with next to no boost because anything over 5psi and I would spin then wheel hop.

I know the car has more in it down low but its definitely tapped out on top end. Had to run 4th gear to 8000rpm otherwise I couldn't get faster than 114.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

He would not be interested in an Evo....i tried, believe me!

I tried especially hard bcuz i am thinking or trading in/selling my evo 8 and getting a evo9 or 05 evo8 (probably not), and if he got one we could get a two car discount!

BUT that isnt happening!

I still am going to be looking for a 05+ EVO or EVO MR PLEASE HELP, IF YOU FIND ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Old Nov 25, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RED DEMON
He would not be interested in an Evo....i tried, believe me!

I tried especially hard bcuz i am thinking or trading in/selling my evo 8 and getting a evo9 or 05 evo8 (probably not), and if he got one we could get a two car discount!

BUT that isnt happening!

I still am going to be looking for a 05+ EVO or EVO MR PLEASE HELP, IF YOU FIND ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Red, why are you so worried about high mileage? Its cheaper to let something break and upgrade/fix it then it is to buy another car with almost identical stock parts that will have the same fate...and you will owe more money in the long run.

I know it's tough to keep up with the Jones' in the Evo crowd since most are financially retarded. Not quite sure why you'd go to an '05 from an '03...not that big of a leap.

You should seriously check out the high mileage thread on here. Plenty of people with 80k+ running all the bolt-ons with cams and no issues.

Look at Nick's car...I think he's got over 70k and he auto-x's almost every single event for the last 3 years and only has replaced wear items to my knowledge (no TC, tranny, diff, engine).

Anyway, it's just an opinion...take it how you want it.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nez136
Out of all the choices the 6 shooters will be the most accurate. Glocks are reliable and easy to shoot, if you go that route dont get a 9, they have no stopping power, but i would get the XD over the glock any day of the week. If you want a .45 then get a 1911, hands down the best out of all tacital pistols. Dont make your first gun a Desert Eagle, too pricey and its not pratical.

I love my XD .40, not too expensive to shoot, dead accurate, and looks Bad ***

Also, Check out Sig Sauer, they make some of the best weapons in the world.
Glocks are junk, its combat tupperware IMO. The XD is an awesome gun but which do you want? Tactical, compact, sub compact? I would stick with .40 on the XD. Then you have HK, their best handgun is probably the USP, which would be perfect in .45. But I personally love my Sig, but if you get one of these you cant ***** out and have a ***** wrist or else the brass might get stuck in the camber since there isn't or wasn't enough force to bring the action back. This girl I take shooting all the time did it to mine.

Personally I would go:
Sig http://www.sigsauer.com/Default.aspx
Springfield http://www.springfield-armory.com/
HK http://www.hk-usa.com/

But what do you need a gun for RED?
Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone interested in Jdm MR heads, tails, Authentic Ralliart mirrors, Volk Time Attack Rims, 05 Leather Interior PM me. Trade + Cash on all items

Let Me Know
Corey

Would like these to go to a good home.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

I know a local here that is selling his silver 2006 EVO9 (not se). It has 18k miles on it all highway... maybe 4 launches on the car. He changed jobs and can no longer afford the payments. He is looking for $26K.

It comes with MR BBS wheels with advans and the stock 9 rims with snow tires.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If anyone has 2 of the spring clips that hold in the center caps on 03-05 wheels, let me know.

Also looking for 5 stock lug nuts and possibly 2 center caps of 03-05 enkeis if anyone has them.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laakness
Red, why are you so worried about high mileage? Its cheaper to let something break and upgrade/fix it then it is to buy another car with almost identical stock parts that will have the same fate...and you will owe more money in the long run.

I know it's tough to keep up with the Jones' in the Evo crowd since most are financially retarded. Not quite sure why you'd go to an '05 from an '03...not that big of a leap.

You should seriously check out the high mileage thread on here. Plenty of people with 80k+ running all the bolt-ons with cams and no issues.

Look at Nick's car...I think he's got over 70k and he auto-x's almost every single event for the last 3 years and only has replaced wear items to my knowledge (no TC, tranny, diff, engine).

Anyway, it's just an opinion...take it how you want it.
I agree....the ACD is overated imho and the 6 speed is not the best tranny. For what you would lose in the switch, you could mod your car to equal or excede the performance of the later cars. After buying mine and modding it, I wish I would have bought a used 2003...I think it would have been money better spent. I paid the full boat for the MR when it came out...my *** still hurts.

Your car looks to be in excellent shape...hang on to it!!!
Old Nov 25, 2007, 09:19 PM

does anybody have a stock mass air flow sensor and
the front o2 sensor?!?!?
I need both items as well as the center pocket on the dash that sits underneath the heater controls and 1 stock tweeter for the pillar.
this is all for an '03 evo
please let me know as i need these asap!
thanks~

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners