Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
Glocks are junk, its combat tupperware IMO. The XD is an awesome gun but which do you want? Tactical, compact, sub compact? I would stick with .40 on the XD. Then you have HK, their best handgun is probably the USP, which would be perfect in .45. But I personally love my Sig, but if you get one of these you cant ***** out and have a ***** wrist or else the brass might get stuck in the camber since there isn't or wasn't enough force to bring the action back. This girl I take shooting all the time did it to mine.

Personally I would go:
Sig http://www.sigsauer.com/Default.aspx
Springfield http://www.springfield-armory.com/
HK http://www.hk-usa.com/

But what do you need a gun for RED?

I forgot about HK, I love those guns
Old Nov 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glocks are junk, its combat tupperware IMO.
Better watch yourself there.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't say glocks are junk since they shoot straight and are realiable. The biggest complaint as far as pistols goes i think would be the Berreta's.

And considering how similar they are, i dont think you could rightfully call the Glock tupperware without saying the same about the XD.

Last edited by Nez136; Nov 26, 2007 at 11:27 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about an Uzi?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
How about an Uzi?

Saw one at Shooter Shop, it looks cool but unless i could get it in full auto then im not sold
Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by joosdawg
anyone have a stock like turbo they want to sell me? stock viii, 10.5 hotside, IX turbo, green ect? paypal ready.thanks

I have a turbo from an 03 for sell. Let me know
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
I wish you fellas would have come down to GLD.

I ended up running an 11.97@116mph.

My only mods.... Ebay TBE and ECUFlash.

Ok i was 99.0% sure ....and the comment above added that 0.9%.....

i am 99.9% NOW looking for a 05-06 EVO - UNDER 20k MILES, PREFERABLY a MR, a MR SE , or a EVO9 SE..

PLEASE HELP A EVO-BROTHA OUT!

Found a red one locally- but ijust got sold today, also found about 50 within 400 miles on Autotrader....most of em are beat, modded, or overpriced!....or too far away to get my 03 appraised!

Last edited by RED DEMON; Nov 26, 2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
Red, why are you so worried about high mileage? Its cheaper to let something break and upgrade/fix it then it is to buy another car with almost identical stock parts that will have the same fate...and you will owe more money in the long run.

I know it's tough to keep up with the Jones' in the Evo crowd since most are financially retarded. Not quite sure why you'd go to an '05 from an '03...not that big of a leap.

You should seriously check out the high mileage thread on here. Plenty of people with 80k+ running all the bolt-ons with cams and no issues.

Look at Nick's car...I think he's got over 70k and he auto-x's almost every single event for the last 3 years and only has replaced wear items to my knowledge (no TC, tranny, diff, engine).

Anyway, it's just an opinion...take it how you want it.
I see what your saying and up until today i was thinkin of just keeping my car....but the truth of the matter is-i drive back and forth to CO all the time, and ill be at 80k within like a year....[edit and a few other minor reasons]

For me- its a matter of do i take a 10k loan out to.....1: get a new evo (trade difference, and a lil $ for mods)
OR
2: use the 10k for upgrading my car, get a stroker/turbo, new bottom end, etc etc,

You should seriously check out the high mileage thread on here. Plenty of people with 80k+ running all the bolt-ons with cams and no issues.

Yea i saw that thread, and it gave me some hope! But then look at the other people with like 25k having 10 times the problems...

It does make me worry about getting a evo9 (even with low miles) and having a boatload of problems (unlike my car, which has been almost trouble free)

AND it feels like i need new clutch discs......Where can yuo purchase JUST clutch discs for an EXEDY twin?

Not quite sure why you'd go to an '05 from an '03...not that big of a leap.

Personally after driving 05s and especially EVO9s, i believe there IS a substantial leap. Well given my car has like 60k on it and has decreased in power a lil with mileage- a stock evo9 felt almost as fast as my cammed 8!

Not to mention the ACD, the LSD, MIVEC, etc- how arent a single one of those- none-the-less all of them combined- a big leap?

Believe me i DEFIANTELY know where you are coming from, up until about a week ago i really wanted to keep my car, now i really want to trade it (looking at the price of the 60k service, and how higher mileage = more wear and more prone to items breaking and such)

Its REALLY hard to figure out monetarily, and such if i would be better to upgrade my current car....which would practically need a whole new bottomend, turbo, stroker, and drivetrain work.....or get a new fresh one with added engine features, better interior, etc etc...

I really dont know...now after this long spheal and rant im kinda "IFFY" again?!1!!

Last edited by RED DEMON; Nov 27, 2007 at 01:47 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Red:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=309891

Old Nov 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gbpkr21
I agree....the ACD is overated imho and the 6 speed is not the best tranny. For what you would lose in the switch, you could mod your car to equal or excede the performance of the later cars. After buying mine and modding it, I wish I would have bought a used 2003...I think it would have been money better spent. I paid the full boat for the MR when it came out...my *** still hurts.

Your car looks to be in excellent shape...hang on to it!!!
Your right it IS in excellent shape- never even a fender bender-only got keyed! The shape its in and the near problem-free life of the car so far is what is mostly stopping me!

To make it what i want it to be i would need a new turbo, stroker, supplemental mods, evo9 SE seats or reupholster mine, MR heads, and possibly repaint the car eventually.

Those DO add up though...VERY fast! Given the mileage of the car and possibility of the lifter thing in the future- would i be better off getting a evo8 or probably EVO 9 CRATE engine? and putting in a new or low mileage new engine? I tihnk the evo9 engine may be a problem with the new features and mine being an 03.
ARG i dont know what to do! Every time i total up what id wana do to my car, even with leaving a few out, it totals up to be quite a bit more than i want to spend on a 60k car! But at the same time its a great condition, no problem ,only seen 1 clutch replacement, no gear grind, and waited til 58k to throw a P0300....some people (especdially those who had problems) would think im crazy!

And now im thinkin of the numerous problems newimportowner had with his VERY low mileage evo9...makes me kinda sway away. BUT then i realize he still has warranty and is able to have Mitsu fix all them at no cost.....but how do u put a price on inconvience and the time and BS he had to deal with? And i dont like the thought of having those probs at such low mileage...but it may have been a fluke/lemon

/end wtf to do spheal

Glocks are junk, its combat tupperware IMO. The XD is an awesome gun but which do you want? Tactical, compact, sub compact? I would stick with .40 on the XD. Then you have HK, their best handgun is probably the USP, which would be perfect in .45. But I personally love my Sig, but if you get one of these you cant ***** out and have a ***** wrist or else the brass might get stuck in the camber since there isn't or wasn't enough force to bring the action back. This girl I take shooting all the time did it to mine.

Personally I would go:

Sig http://www.sigsauer.com/Default.aspx

Springfield http://www.springfield-armory.com/

HK http://www.hk-usa.com/

But what do you need a gun for RED?

Sig sounds liek a great idea- i need to go to the range and test em out- or maybe if your down come up to Gunnison when i am back in Denver (january) I know i can deal with the kickback - my wrists arent going anywhere after 4 years of football and three years of power lifting.

I want a compact or subcompact all around gun for home security, occasional range visits, and if allowed- occasional small game hunting. Ive hunted 7 times, all with either a rifle or a shotty..friend of mine Koenig (you may know him from the miltown ranges) inherited his fathers collection of 40 shotguns, ranging from vintage to new age. Those vintage ones are like a bat outta hell, but most are display only!

I have shot a glock and actually liked it, compared to the other pistols ive shot i find it to be a great all around pistol. i dont know much about arms in general but for how it shot, the kickback, and comfort - it felt nice.

Also i shot a friend of mines Springfield 1911 like you mentioned, BUT he replaced the original wooden hand guards/grips with rubber ones for comfort. The new grips he got are by Hogue i believe.

I really need it for personal security and home security. MY place was broken into in Denver - my roommate slept right through it. I woke up , realized i had no major defense mechanism besides my fists, and grabbed my spyderco 'civilian' knife. It was NOT a good feeling creeping towards a robber armed with a knife NOT knowin if he had a pistol or if there were multiple of them.
That was NOT a good feeling, knowing im the only one to react, my roomates asleep, and not knowing what he had. Also in the front of my head was "oh **** my car!" (he only got away with and ipod, 360 w/o cords, and zune player)
I want to have the ablility to enforce and protect myself and my place from a threatening person/lifethreatening situation if needed

Worst part is that is was part of a string of robberies! And someone even got their car stolen! Another had all their locks popped in and window broken. But somehow they didnt touch mine!

Random FYI:
Im having surgery this thursday so i wont be able to drive my car for at least 2 or 3 weeks - on my ankle .
A ligament and tendon is completely disconnected (snapped like a rubber band) and the one contracted up into a ball (had this happen once before when my Bicep snapped and the muscle contracted and balled up near my effin shoulder!) funny thing is i have been walking on it and sh|t for 3 months with no brace- there was only a 5% chance the brace would realign the tendon to where the two pieces are close enough to rebuild tissue between the ends and re connect

Last edited by RED DEMON; Nov 26, 2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON

I really need it for personal security and home security. MY place was broken into in Denver - my roommate slept right through it. I woke up , realized i had no major defense mechanism besides my fists, and grabbed my spyderco 'civilian' knife. It was NOT a good feeling creeping towards a robber armed with a knife NOT knowin if he had a pistol or if there were multiple of them.
That was NOT a good feeling, knowing im the only one to react, my roomates asleep, and not knowing what he had. Also in the front of my head was "oh **** my car!" (he only got away with and ipod, 360 w/o cords, and zune player)
I want to have the ablility to enforce and protect myself and my place from a threatening person/lifethreatening situation if needed

Worst part is that is was part of a string of robberies! And someone even got their car stolen! Another had all their locks popped in and window broken. But somehow they didnt touch mine!

You know CO has an open carry law right? Im not sure if Denver or the more populated cites ban the open carry but there is basically no crime here but this also is a town of 3000 or so and you kinda of get to know everyone around. Everyone usually has a side arm in the open or concealed.

Your more than welcome to come down a pop of how ever many rounds you want, just bring my scanner when you do.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Red, you can't honestly use the phrase "smart financial decisions" and Evo in the same sentence let alone same conversation. You then can't honestly follow it up with a statement like "take a loan out for mods"...especially when your car isn't broke. I mean you can say those things but you won't be taken seriously

It's your decision and your money so it's all you man but you asked for an opinion and you got one...you don't need to re-justify what you want to me.

Last edited by laakness; Nov 26, 2007 at 08:37 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I gotta say to those saying the 03-05 or 06 is not a big difference, man I think you are on crack. Maybe if all you are doing is drag racing, but the difference the ACD+LSD make in the turns cannot be overstated.

Going from 05-06 isn't a big jump, but 03-05 or 06 is huge IMO.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, that is a big deal...but Red doesn't auto-x so I was taking it from that approach.

Those that got the 9 for racing(you and Jeff J) are more than justified since you need every little capability you can get for time off your run.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Ok i was 99.0% sure ....and the comment above added that 0.9%.....

i am 99.9% NOW looking for a 05-06 EVO - UNDER 20k MILES, PREFERABLY a MR, a MR SE , or a EVO9 SE..

PLEASE HELP A EVO-BROTHA OUT!

Found a red one locally- but ijust got sold today, also found about 50 within 400 miles on Autotrader....most of em are beat, modded, or overpriced!....or too far away to get my 03 appraised!
I have one that I want to sell. Under 20,000 miles on it. The car is moded, and I will promise that the car is the cleanest most taken care of evo on the road. Dont drive it in the rain or snow!

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners