Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have stock injectors laying around?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
thought you may be interested in another piece for your collection laak:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=318982
Hah, nice! Does look a little odd though. My work cubicle is riddled with cars and work swag.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok, a question for all you mobile tech guru's.

I'm thinking about getting me an iPhone because I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket and it's freaking cool. But I am going to want to still use my blackjack when I go away on business because from all the reviews I've read it's a far better email device than the iPhone.

So if I buy this iPhone am I going to be able to steal the SIM from it, stick it in my blackjack and have a fully functioning blackjack? Or will I have a nice samsung paperweight?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think you can change the sim in the iphone without cracking it open. You have to activate the phone through iTunes so I'm pretty sure it's sealed.

I'd wait on the iphone though since they are already working on the next one and it should have 3g hopefully by year end.

Edit: I am mistaken...but not sure if it'll just take your other sim: http://www.mobilewhack.com/how-to-ch...-apple-iphone/

Last edited by laakness; Jan 20, 2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GD.... that game had a crappy ending!
Old Jan 20, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laakness
I don't think you can change the sim in the iphone without cracking it open. You have to activate the phone through iTunes so I'm pretty sure it's sealed.

I'd wait on the iphone though since they are already working on the next one and it should have 3g hopefully by year end.

Edit: I am mistaken...but not sure if it'll just take your other sim: http://www.mobilewhack.com/how-to-ch...-apple-iphone/
Thanks, haven't looked at the link yet but just for clarification, the idea was to activate the iPhone as on my current line and then swap the iPhone's SIM into my blackjack when I wanted to use that.

Also on the 3G thing.. I don't really need 3G. I have it turned off on the blackjack because it was munching through batteries and haven't missed it. So for my casual use I think the current iPhone is fine. Even if it is 12% gay because of the stupid manufacturer.

Jeske, yeah the game sucked. Packers played bad though and really didn't deserve to win. I really hope the last pass Favre ever throws doesn't end up being an interception.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ I feel bad for Brett but I agree with you. I'm glad I didn't go and freeze my **** off for that.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GO GIANTS!!!
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:08 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Alex
I just got my iPhone a little while back. There is no way to change the sim without busting the phone open which I wouldn't recommend just in case you need the warranty. You can sink it to your computer and put your numbers in a program like windows address book and a few others... I'm not sure if this would work with your blackjack too but its something to check out.

Edit--- Watching that vid makes me not so sure... I do know that punk a$$ apple is hard about there warranty and all so if you do try it let me know how it works for ya

Last edited by Ink; Jan 20, 2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Ink.. How do you like the phone?
Old Jan 20, 2008, 10:26 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

I love it. I use the ipod in it every day, with the new update--jan 08-- google maps got better where as it now can locate you so you dont need to know exactly where you are. Its still no GPS but hey it works for now. Its nice to see texts as they show up in IM form so you can see the whole conversation. The camera isnt bad either. It also lets me keep my portfolio pics on my phone so when Im talking to someone who wants to see my work I can just pull out my phone and literally thumb through the pics. $hity part is you dont get pic texts yet but you can take and send pics to email so its not the end of the world. Its definately not for someone who wants a PDA but it definitely does what I need it to do for now.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

That is a pretty fair assesment Ink...and Alex the video I posted may be the Euro version of the iPhone, not quite sure.

I really like the iPhone because it's an awesome interface and I'd definitely do the hacks to it to unlock everything but email integration with Exchange and 3g are the things holding me back for now.

Alex, my beef with edge is not the speed but the fact you can't do data and voice at the same time. I used to miss so many calls on my BJ since it was setup to check my work email every 10 minutes. I get about 36 hours out of my tilt with pretty heavy internet use and hour of calling on 3G. If I force it to Edge then it will last a couple days easy.

Last edited by laakness; Jan 21, 2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laakness
I used to miss so many calls on my BJ since it was setup to check my work email every 10 minutes.
That's funny. I think you just solved a mystery for me.

From my own research and talking to Nick it seems the SIM is removeable as that video shows. Everybody seems to agree that the voice will work on the blackjack but disagrees on whether the data will work.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
That's funny. I think you just solved a mystery for me.

From my own research and talking to Nick it seems the SIM is removeable as that video shows. Everybody seems to agree that the voice will work on the blackjack but disagrees on whether the data will work.
Glad I could help. The battery life thing was definitely an adjustment but I made sure to have a home/work/car charger and have never gone dead.

Edit: good call on the data. The iPhone has that special data plan right?...so ATT may catch on. I know they caught me with Goodlink when I hadn't told them so they definitely do a little monitoring.

Last edited by laakness; Jan 21, 2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Dear Apple/ATT:

You are dumb.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...business-plan/

Their unlimited "business" data plan costs more than what I pay now with 1500 sms and unlimited 3G!

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners