Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:32 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeMAN
good meeting up with you guys again, hope to do it again soon.
Nice to meet ya
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ink
What does a used 996TT run?
I've seen them in the low to mid $50k range.. If I were to get one (and it's really only a pipe-dream right now) it wouldn't be until next year when they are hopefully in the 40s
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ink
What does a used 996TT run?
probably at least $75
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nah, they aren't that high. Low to mid 50s.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

thats pretty good then, they really are the ideal track car...
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:52 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

For 70k your in the new GT-R range. Which has a nice but small right up in the new Car and Driver... I do love the look of the 996TT though. It is a beautiful machine
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:55 AM

Good to meet ya MikeMAN and good chattin' with ya. Hope you can make it more often.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
.... performance has everything to do with missing my EVO. Most of the winter I was driving Caroles Mazda 3 5 speed and even though its a sporty little car it certainly is lacking performance and sex appeal. I could park that car and not miss it one bit but I missed driving my EVO.

It sounds more like you want something nice and comfy as a daily driver preferably RWD. Well there are lots of cars that fit the description. You don't have to drop 50K on a new BMW. You could buy a used M3 for less.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
.... performance has everything to do with missing my EVO. Most of the winter I was driving Caroles Mazda 3 5 speed and even though its a sporty little car it certainly is lacking performance and sex appeal. I could park that car and not miss it one bit but I missed driving my EVO.
I've got a '90 honda accord --- its my DD - and when winter hits, my evo stays in the garage.... and I do miss driving my Evo. Since October, I think I've driven my Evo a total of 3 times. I'm itching bad to get it out now..... this long #%@#^%** winter we've had.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the-moss
As I said before though I'm not exactly smart when it comes to this. Hell none of us are because we all own Evo's.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I have always said that if I didn't get my Evo the second I got out of college, I never would have gotten it...and that still holds true.

Now having a house for a couple years and enjoying home theater stuff more I wouldn't buy an Evo now. It's worth it for me to keep it forever now that it's somewhat close to being paid off and that my brother does all my body work for free so paint isn't an issue.

I plan on keeping it and once it's paid off get Kaizie a better car and I'll keep her 94 Camry so I could actually have downtime on my car if I wanted.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by laakness
I plan on keeping it and once it's paid off get Kaizie a better car and I'll keep her 94 Camry so I could actually have downtime on my car if I wanted.
similar to what my scenario is, Evo paid off, never going to get rid of it (well, you never know what happens in the future - but thats my thoughts right now), Katherine's 94 acura is getting old, find her a new (or newer car) for her DD, and keep my '90 honda for DD. Use her new car for trips, vacations, whenever we go out, etc.

Its kinda funny, I've asked her about getting a new car for her, she says she's not interested.... she likes her '94. Shes had it for 12 years now.... hahhahha LIAR!!1!!!
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

I have just witnessed the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life and it happened in my front yard.

So these salesman from Denver came into town to sell only god knows what. They approached my door and started their pitch, yada yada. I tell them politely that I wasn't interested and for them to go on their way. So 20 minutes after they leave they come back knocking on my door again, now the way our house is set up the mud room door is off to one side and I can see out at them before they see me. So Mr. Sig Sauer approaches them this time, they got the point.

Now whats even better is they headed to my next door neighbors house and did the same thing, but this time she called the cops. Since the cops have nothing to do in this town they sent the entire armada over. There were 5 people in the van that they pulled out, put face down in the mud. If I had battery life left in my camera I would have had a ton of funny pictures. The count went as follows:

2 Vietnamese
1 Diego
1 Midget
1 Carrot top
After the cops let them go with a strict warning and basically told them to leave town, my neighbors and myself were laughing at the whole ordeal and asked if they got pics of the midget laying face down...

And it's not even 2pm, this is going to be a kick *** weekend.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
I have just witnessed the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life and it happened in my front yard.

So these salesman from Denver came into town to sell only god knows what. They approached my door and started their pitch, yada yada. I tell them politely that I wasn't interested and for them to go on their way. So 20 minutes after they leave they come back knocking on my door again, now the way our house is set up the mud room door is off to one side and I can see out at them before they see me. So Mr. Sig Sauer approaches them this time, they got the point.

Now whats even better is they headed to my next door neighbors house and did the same thing, but this time she called the cops. Since the cops have nothing to do in this town they sent the entire armada over. There were 5 people in the van that they pulled out, put face down in the mud. If I had battery life left in my camera I would have had a ton of funny pictures. The count went as follows:

2 Vietnamese
1 Diego
1 Midget
1 Carrot top
After the cops let them go with a strict warning and basically told them to leave town, my neighbors and myself were laughing at the whole ordeal and asked if they got pics of the midget laying face down...

And it's not even 2pm, this is going to be a kick *** weekend.

hahha, sounds like Barnum & Bailey came to town unannounced

Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

no kidding
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

afternoon guys.

Ryan got that turbo on yet?

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners