Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
11pm wings...hah.

Most of us bail around 9/9:30
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrong wings. they do one on Monday in pewaukee or somewhere around there.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tek3Evo
wrong wings. they do one on Monday in pewaukee or somewhere around there.
Still wrong wings...
We did wings last night at BW's on hwy 100.

Mikey and Andy decided to go have a few drinks, so Pete, Guy, and I joined them.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:13 PM

But we do go to wings on Mondays at the Waterfront in Pewaukee. They have a special: $3.50 for a pint of beer and 1 pound of wings.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

oh well
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm not sure I get the point on the off topic thing, all anyone was trying to say to you is that you drove by a cop with an illegal car (that you know is illegal) so getting pulled over for it isn't really being profiled. The fact that someone else was doing something illegal isn't really a valid defense.

<mini rant>
I really don't understand why we (evo owners) complain about getting pulled over for our loud exhausts and tinted windows. They are illegal and by running them we run the risk of being pulled over. Sure the harley's seem to get away with it, and the SUV's seem to get away with the windows and that seems kinda unfair. But surely the correct answer to that problem is the cops should be pulling over the harleys and SUVs, not that they should stop pulling over us

FWIW in 110,000 miles of driving illegal evos (exhaust and front plate on the yellow one, front plate and illegal HIDs on the black one) I have yet to be pulled over for it, but really can't have any complaints if I do.
</mini rant>

The only person I really think who has been profiled here is mikey getting harrassed for his factory wing. I even have a hunch there that he probably rubbed the cop the wrong way .
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
I'm not sure I get the point on the off topic thing, all anyone was trying to say to you is that you drove by a cop with an illegal car (that you know is illegal) so getting pulled over for it isn't really being profiled. The fact that someone else was doing something illegal isn't really a valid defense.

<mini rant>
I really don't understand why we (evo owners) complain about getting pulled over for our loud exhausts and tinted windows. They are illegal and by running them we run the risk of being pulled over. Sure the harley's seem to get away with it, and the SUV's seem to get away with the windows and that seems kinda unfair. But surely the correct answer to that problem is the cops should be pulling over the harleys and SUVs, not that they should stop pulling over us

FWIW in 110,000 miles of driving illegal evos (exhaust and front plate on the yellow one, front plate and illegal HIDs on the black one) I have yet to be pulled over for it, but really can't have any complaints if I do.
</mini rant>

The only person I really think who has been profiled here is mikey getting harrassed for his factory wing. I even have a hunch there that he probably rubbed the cop the wrong way .

My complaint about that is that MKE has a big problem with murders, breaking and entering, and other SERIOUS crimes, the cops should be out doing something that will accually help make a difference in society, like lets start with an easy one, drive around the east side ghetto and pull over every single person that doesn't have a plate on their car, (we all know they dont have a registered car or insurance). Milwaukee county could generate and extra 500k/year if they handed out registration tickets and they would be keeping the bad drivers off the road. ANd i am willing to bet that 1 out of every 20 people they pull over will have a warrant
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
Still wrong wings...
We did wings last night at BW's on hwy 100.

Mikey and Andy decided to go have a few drinks, so Pete, Guy, and I joined them.
Thanks for the invite, *** clown
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Well put Alex. I hate when I get pulled over for that crap but I do know that my exhaust is rather loud and do my best to be extra quiet when near cops 4th gear and 20mph does it, hah.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

You are probably right about Milwaukee itself, I don't spend a whole lot of time down there (just to and from the Bradley Center really), do you really have to worry about Milwaukee cops pulling you over for stuff like exhaust, and tint?

My comments more came from the fact that most of us live in the suburbs; New Berlin, Waukesha, Pewaukee etc. where there probably isn't as much violent crime.

Also I know that Andy's complaint came from the freeway. I'm guessing that it was State patrol. Really they are just looking for traffic infractions and drug runners (since we are being told that I94 west of milwaukee if becoming a major drug highway). Unfortunately they can't just pull over random cars and search them for drugs so they need to look for an excuse to yank a car and give it a search. If you are smart you would traffic your drugs in a 2-5yr old domestic midsize sedan at probably 0-5mph over the speed limit. But probably if you are smart you probably don't find employment that involves driving around with 20 kilos of coke in your trunk.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:17 PM

I agree with both Alex and Nez. However, the person that started that thread was certainly being profiled. He was pulled over for no front plate when there clearly was one (something that also happened to Pete when I was in the car with him) and then the cop complained about the stock exhaust.
I also agree that Mikey was profiled for being pulled over for a stock wing.

However, Nez makes a very valid point. There is so much ticketing of easy-to-catch infractions instead of ticketing those that will make a difference. Unfortunately many police departments are like a department in a company: they are there to balance their budget and provide a service as best they can. This requires they make money to fund their department - not necessarily provide the best service they can. It sucks, but unfortunately there is not enough money out there to fund the police departments sufficiently so they look for the easy $.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

moss, I was on 94 south just coming to the 7-mile road exit. Yes, it was a state trooper. If it were any other way, I would have taken whats coming (and have before), because I know I drive an illegal car. but under the circumstances that day, and the response the officer gave me, i was a bit upset.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

I was profiled last year, i was doing 7 over the speed limit(thought i was doing 5 over) and i was trying my best not to look obvious, the super trooper (aka johnny law) pulled me over for speeding and no front plate. Everytime i have gotten pulled over, i shut the engine off right away and put my keys on the dash (makes cops a little more happy and they wont hear my exhaust up close). I only got a written warning for both infractions

I drive the car, so i expect it.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
However, the person that started that thread was certainly being profiled.
I actually doubt he was. Cop saw the car and looked for a reason to pull it over. License plate isn't in the middle of the bumper so he missed it and (here is the real problem) when he realised he had made a mistake was not big enough to admit it.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

I never get tickets in the city of MKE and probably never will. Thanks dad.

I would put some of my own input in but not being here for almost 2 years things Im sure have changed along with some of the police dept policies. Coming from a police family I can tell you that they focus on one thing for a month and they usually follow protocol. They will look out for lets say DUI, front plate, speeding, etc in that order. Now the next month it could change. Who knows.

Ive had my fair share of sports cars and been pulled over for numerous things. But if you give the cop an attitude you are putting them on the defensive and they don't really like that and they will show you the power of the badge. More than likely they will end up giving you more than one ticket. Now, if you respect their authority and be a civil human being even though you know you were in the wrong you have a better chance of getting a warning.

Basically stating is that they are human also and they have a job to do. I look at it this way. You want someone making your day harder at work for something stupid? Don't be mad at the cop, be mad at the people you voted for for making the laws they did.

This brings me onto another point. I look at the police while I was growing up and the way police act now and its a night and day difference. There were no loud exhaust tickets, front plate BS, etc in the 80s and early 90s. Now with the new protocol and young officers they are out to "try" and make a difference or plainly saying becoming a cash cow for the municipality they are employed by. Its sad to see it this way but give an applause to or local and state govt for making the laws they did. I know Im not going to.

IDK if any of this made any sense but this is how I view the modern police and the police from when I was growing up. If you have a problem with the police, dont call them next time you have an issue with a neighbor or someone schmo on the street. Im sure they would thank you for not bugging them.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners